2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Nothing about the Devils Red and Green look has ever reminded me of Christmas. As Ice Cap said earlier, the colours are reflective of the Italian population of area. They don't remind me of Christmas any more than a sign at a pizzeria.

Awesome mockup though. Maybe the green should be a little darker. Incidentally the reason green was ditched in the first place was due to the production issues associated with replicating it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing about the Devils Red and Green look has ever reminded me of Christmas. As Ice Cap said earlier, the colours are reflective of the Italian population of area. They don't remind me of Christmas any more than a sign at a pizzeria.

Awesome mockup though. Maybe the green should be a little darker. Incidentally the reason green was ditched in the first place was due to the production issues associated with replicating it.

Agreed 100% I almost feel as if they are two different clubs. But I love both looks, it's a shame they don't draw well.

untitled-6.jpg

Nothing about the Devils Red and Green look has ever reminded me of Christmas.

It makes me think of this.

cherry-caneP.jpg

But seriously did you guy know there was an earlier New Jersey Devils hockey team from the late 1960s? They were called the Jersey Devils and played in the south near Philadelphia. (Cherry Hill).

rutgers-setonhall-basketball-1943165-o.j

The Catch of the Day!

Nothing about the Devils Red and Green look has ever reminded me of Christmas.

It makes me think of this.

cherry-caneP.jpg

But seriously did you guy know there was an earlier New Jersey Devils hockey team from the late 1960s? They were called the Jersey Devils and played in the south near Philadelphia. (Cherry Hill).

rutgers-setonhall-basketball-1943165-o.j

I am literally 5 minutes away from Cherry Hill and I didn't know that.

RE: the Devils - as weird as it sounds, I think a red/black/green color scheme would be perfect for them - something similar to Bohob's Devils concept from a few years back:

Devils

njdevils_id3.jpg

njdevils_homeuni2.jpg

njdevils_awayuni2.jpg

njdevils_altuni.jpg

I can barely discern the green and black from my phone screen. Those would look awful on the ice.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah, the forest green and black would bleed together. You gotta commit to one or the other. The Devils look great either way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lights out's primary logo looks fantastic. The lack of contast between the green and black works because it makes the forest backdrop what it should be; subtle. Put that on the current devils template, black or green, and you have a 5 star concept.

The striping is where it loses me... Not nearly enough contrast, and there's no need for it to have both black and green.

Does anyone know if the Blackhawks or the Capitals are planning to wear their Winter Classic jerseys? Also, the Canucks are wearing the Millionaires Throwback on Thursday Night.

Lights out's primary logo looks fantastic. The lack of contast between the green and black works because it makes the forest backdrop what it should be; subtle. Put that on the current devils template, black or green, and you have a 5 star concept.

The striping is where it loses me... Not nearly enough contrast, and there's no need for it to have both black and green.

Just to be clear, it's not my concept, it's another member's concept from a few years ago that came to mind as one that I liked. I disagree on the striping, though - they'd have to work green in elsewhere or there'd be no point in using it on the logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This year's Stanley Cup playoffs logo was revealed on the nhl website: http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm . Same as last year except obviously with 2015 instead of 2014.

Responding to this here, since it's technically a playoff logo set for the 2014-2015 season.

Anybody happen to know the font the league is using for the year numbers?

It looks familiar, but I can't place it.

5amlwx.jpg

It's not a change at all, but I wasn't sure where else to put this -

I think Stars/Oilers may be one of my new favorite uniform matchups in all of sports.

DEV_8519_slide.jpg

I mean, wow. Talk about two teams totally nailing it. Fantastic color contrast, two crisp and clean uniforms, all complimenting each other. There's a few great matchups in hockey, then there's a select group of very great matchups ahead of that. To me, I think this one just jumped up into that group. Which is amazing, considering the fact that if we're having this discussion six years ago, this matchup might've been one of (if not the) worst. Both teams have certainly come a long way.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think Stars/Oilers may be one of my new favorite uniform matchups in all of sports.

I mean, wow. Talk about two teams totally nailing it. Fantastic color contrast, two crisp and clean uniforms, all complimenting each other. There's a few great matchups in hockey, then there's a select group of very great matchups ahead of that. To me, I think this one just jumped up into that group. Which is amazing, considering the fact that if we're having this discussion six years ago, this matchup might've been one of (if not the) worst. Both teams have certainly come a long way.

You're right about that.

Before...

644x364-oilers-stars.jpgEdmonton+Oilers+v+Dallas+Stars+codlRDwR-

After...

DEV_8519_slide.jpgsddefault.jpg

You're right about that.

Before...

After...

Yeah, the difference is night and day. Way, way better than before. Sorry to be bumping an old thread but I was wondering, are there still any teams that are planning on wearing a throwback jersey or their Outdoor Jersey sometime between now and what's left of the season?

Does anyone know if the Blackhawks or the Capitals are planning to wear their Winter Classic jerseys? Also, the Canucks are wearing the Millionaires Throwback on Thursday Night.

Capitals are wearing the WC jerseys to end the season on the 11th

You're right about that.

Before...

After...

But you are forgetting both teams were at their best on the previous uniform sets.

Just before "before"

The Kings are supposedly wearing their Stadium Series uniforms for a home game this month. Let's see if they break out the white pants again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You're right about that.

Before...

After...

But you are forgetting both teams were at their best on the previous uniform sets.

Just before "before"

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I never really liked the star-template Stars. It was pretty gaudy to me and reeked of 90's. There, I said it! :P

The Oilers looked pretty good in the early 00's, I'll definitely admit. Navy, copper, and red was a great combo, and the uniform was solid pre-edge. However, both teams just "pop" significantly more now than they did then, and I think overall, Edmonton is looking thier best right now (I say now because I feel the adjusted slightly-darker royal goes better with the orange than the original royal did).

The ideal Stars uniform to me would be anything they wore in Minnesota altogether, but for what they've had in Dallas, I think this is the best they've ever looked. Classy, sharp, cohesive set, and the kelly green just bursts off the uniform. Strangely, I don't miss the gold as much as I thought I would, either, just because the Kelly, White, and Black work so well as it is.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived