2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

It's not a change at all, but I wasn't sure where else to put this -

I think Stars/Oilers may be one of my new favorite uniform matchups in all of sports.

I mean, wow. Talk about two teams totally nailing it. Fantastic color contrast, two crisp and clean uniforms, all complimenting each other. There's a few great matchups in hockey, then there's a select group of very great matchups ahead of that. To me, I think this one just jumped up into that group. Which is amazing, considering the fact that if we're having this discussion six years ago, this matchup might've been one of (if not the) worst. Both teams have certainly come a long way.

You're right about that.

Before...

644x364-oilers-stars.jpgEdmonton+Oilers+v+Dallas+Stars+codlRDwR-

After...

DEV_8519_slide.jpgsddefault.jpg

But you are forgetting both teams were at their best on the previous uniform sets.

Just before "before"

fba6d2dddcf6d4c00b562a44c9cf1cbb.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if the Blackhawks or the Capitals are planning to wear their Winter Classic jerseys? Also, the Canucks are wearing the Millionaires Throwback on Thursday Night.

Capitals are wearing the WC jerseys to end the season on the 11th

Wow, I had no idea that they were. Where did you hear this? I'm glad to hear that they are. I think it is a bit of a waste when a team brings out a new look for just one game. Thanks for mentioning it.

I heard that the Isles are wearing their original 1972 jerseys for their last regular season game at home.

I read about that. For their final game at the Nassau Coliseum, I think it's a nice touch.

The Kings are supposedly wearing their Stadium Series uniforms for a home game this month. Let's see if they break out the white pants again.

As much as I hate this entire Stadium Series uniform, I'm glad the Kings are getting a second game out of this jersey. It will be a pleasant surprise if they wear their normal black pants. At least the black pants would make them much more bearable for their final appearance on NHL ice.

It's not a change at all, but I wasn't sure where else to put this -

I think Stars/Oilers may be one of my new favorite uniform matchups in all of sports.

I mean, wow. Talk about two teams totally nailing it. Fantastic color contrast, two crisp and clean uniforms, all complimenting each other. There's a few great matchups in hockey, then there's a select group of very great matchups ahead of that. To me, I think this one just jumped up into that group. Which is amazing, considering the fact that if we're having this discussion six years ago, this matchup might've been one of (if not the) worst. Both teams have certainly come a long way.

You're right about that.

But you are forgetting both teams were at their best on the previous uniform sets.

Just before "before"

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I never really liked the star-template Stars. It was pretty gaudy to me and reeked of 90's. There, I said it! :P

The Oilers looked pretty good in the early 00's, I'll definitely admit. Navy, copper, and red was a great combo, and the uniform was solid pre-edge. However, both teams just "pop" significantly more now than they did then, and I think overall, Edmonton is looking thier best right now (I say now because I feel the adjusted slightly-darker royal goes better with the orange than the original royal did).

The ideal Stars uniform to me would be anything they wore in Minnesota altogether, but for what they've had in Dallas, I think this is the best they've ever looked. Classy, sharp, cohesive set, and the kelly green just bursts off the uniform. Strangely, I don't miss the gold as much as I thought I would, either, just because the Kelly, White, and Black work so well as it is.

I totally agree. The old Navy, Copper and Red Oilers jersey wasn't terrible and neither was the alternate from that era, however, the Royal Blue and Orange that they thankfully went back too is far nicer in my opinion and I love the colors. I loved their old futuristic third jersey when I was a kid. The white jersey from that era however, was a dull jersey. I never liked it at all. The Stars new jerseys are by far the best jerseys they have created as the DALLAS Stars. I really like the black jersey they wore the first year they moved from Minnesota with the Kelly Green stripes. I would like to see them bring that jersey back as a third.

i personally hated the copper when it was added to the oilers, it just seems like a change to go with the 90's fad of darkening colors for no reason. I'm so much happier they are back to their gretzky era set.

Me too. I don't hate the Navy Blue Jersey, it isn't too bad but the look they have now is so much nicer in my opinion. I never liked that 90's fad at all. I think it is still lingering today, especially with the Buffalo Sabres. I'm glad that this old fad has been slowly being phased out.

I love the midnight blue for the Oilers, but the copper and red I'm not too high on. I've always thought they should take the pre-edge jerseys and replace the copper and red with orange.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I love the midnight blue for the Oilers, but the copper and red I'm not too high on. I've always thought they should take the pre-edge jerseys and replace the copper and red with orange.

That would be a good third jersey.

I liked the midnight blue and copper, but not the red. The red didn't have to be there at all. It was a decent change of pace for its time, but the Oilers had to go back to their true colors eventually, and I'm glad they did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's just so much orange on the blue jerseys, though. The white jerseys look good, but the blue jerseys look very dated.

I'd lose the orange on the sleeve cuffs below the sleeve stripes, and I'd reverse the numbers to white with an offset orange outline. Those orange numbers are the biggest problem for me

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didn't think it was possible to make those Kings Stadium Series jerseys worse, but they found a way.

These things under arena lights are just.... And the white pants in these lights are just...

I don't have the words.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

You guys missed the playoffs. As punishment we're going to make you look like clowns again.

Yeah those white pants are even worse indoors, especially the drab lighting of the shark tank. Hopefully this ends the white pants experiment for good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Actually in person the Kings uniform looks great. I would prefer black pants, but they do look good in person. It does prove my point that white jerseys should return for home jerseys as the Sharks look so much better in darks on the road.

Any teams wearing their 3rd jerseys for the playoffs this year?

I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota goes with the green 3rds like they did last year. I could see Vancouver wearing the stick-in-rinks, and possibly the Penguins and Capitals going retro (although the last two are more like wishful thinking).

Also, it's pretty funny that the year when the Sharks announce that they will be wearing teal instead of black during the playoffs is the first time in ten years that they miss said playoffs.

Archived