2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

In my opinion, the Wild's new road jersey is by far the best jersey they have worn. Their original green jersey wasn't terrible by any means, however, it is a product of its time and the fonts were a mess. I think a green version of their away jersey would give the Wild one of the better looks in the NHL. Their original jerseys had socks that didn't match the striping on the jerseys where now, the entire look is nicely balanced. I'd say their current green jersey is a better look than the old green jersey, even though their logo is much better than that wordmark they use on their third jersey.

They need to fix up their green jersey to even it with their new road. They need to shorten the arm stripe length, adjust the collar, remove the phantom yokes, and add the roundel to the shoulders.

Some say that the primary crest should replace the script. But the problem is that it looks out of place on that particular jersey. I made a concept in Paint to see what it would look like, and both the roundel and the script fit a lot better for the crest. White stripes would look awful with any of the crests, as do white numbers with a red stripe. Some things just don't work.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wild's uniforms and logo are some of the better ones in the NHL, but it can never match the sheer splendor of the Minnesota North Stars identity, which is a shame. If only there was a way to bring back one of the top 5 looks in NHL history, I'd be a happy man.

caseymns90.jpg

This was better than any North Stars sweater:

6SJ0Oqf.jpg

TUsA4wm.gif

thecatch.jpg

Original Minnesota wild jerseys were the bomb. Should have never dropped the green one.

Apparently it sold poorly and the red one that replaced it sold like hotcakes, which is why it went away and the red one made the jump to the Edge setup.

In retrospect we might like it, but the people of Minnesota didn't bother with it much when it was on the ice.

The red one was introduced in 2003/04, three seasons after the original identity was established. Of course the new gear is going to sell more... I still think making it the full time look just 3 years later was jumping the gun.

Original Minnesota wild jerseys were the bomb. Should have never dropped the green one.

Apparently it sold poorly and the red one that replaced it sold like hotcakes, which is why it went away and the red one made the jump to the Edge setup.

In retrospect we might like it, but the people of Minnesota didn't bother with it much when it was on the ice.

The red one was introduced in 2003/04, three seasons after the original identity was established. Of course the new gear is going to sell more... I still think making it the full time look just 3 years later was jumping the gun.

But it was a third jersey. Sure it'll have a great initial selling, even Ottawa's SNES jersey had that, but over the course of a few years? I think it's a clear case of Minnesotans wanting a more classic-looking jersey and not a product of the 2000s

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The Wild's uniforms and logo are some of the better ones in the NHL, but it can never match the sheer splendor of the Minnesota North Stars identity, which is a shame. If only there was a way to bring back one of the top 5 looks in NHL history, I'd be a happy man.

caseymns90.jpg

6SJ0Oqf.jpg

TUsA4wm.gif

The Wild white sweater is the best of their current three. Their identity has changed so many times in the past 10 or so yours that I've lost count.

In my opinion, the Wild's new road jersey is by far the best jersey they have worn. Their original green jersey wasn't terrible by any means, however, it is a product of its time and the fonts were a mess. I think a green version of their away jersey would give the Wild one of the better looks in the NHL. Their original jerseys had socks that didn't match the striping on the jerseys where now, the entire look is nicely balanced. I'd say their current green jersey is a better look than the old green jersey, even though their logo is much better than that wordmark they use on their third jersey.

The problem with their current jerseys is the lack of red, even of the white jerseys. Red and green looks great together on the original set. I made this, I mean they still look nice and all, but I like the original set more. The current green is a nice third old school jersey, but it's no where near as good as the original green.

Wild_zpsvj7hwtmk.png

The problem with their current jerseys is the lack of red, even of the white jerseys. Red and green looks great together on the original set. I made this, I mean they still look nice and all, but I like the original set more. The current green is a nice third old school jersey, but it's no where near as good as the original green.

Wild_zpsvj7hwtmk.png

Damn that is nice.

Not sure but, how would it look with white instead of cream on the green?

Wild_zpsvj7hwtmk.png

Damn that is nice.

Not sure but, how would it look with white instead of cream on the green?

The logo would need to have more white for it to work. If you're going to eliminate or significantly reduce vintage white, you'll have to do so for everything.

caseymns90.jpg

6SJ0Oqf.jpg

I loved the North Stars sweaters, but I hated the stars down the sides of the shorts. Just a little too much going on. Take those off and it's a perfect set.

Regarding that green Wild sweater though, that's without any shadow of a doubt the best sweater they've ever worn. Minnesota nailed it on day one, they could have (and should have) kept that set forever. I get why they started going with the red, but it doesn't change the fact that the inaugural set is still leaps and bounds better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The North Stars looked terrific with or without black (with or withooouut black, I can't live, with or without black). The 1991-1993 portable Stars looked like crap, of course, but you knew what I meant.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Unpopular opinion coming through, but the North Stars looked far better before the introduction of black.

Neal_Broten_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1374100889

My favorite look of all time. That's the team I grew up with in the early 80's. I have a picture of me in 1981 wearing my Bobby Smith jersey and my birthday party cake (with North Star logo and green and yellow icing) buried somewhere. I should dig them out and scan them.
Every time I went to play street hockey with my fiends they were all wearing Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Oilers, sweaters and here I come with my green and yellow North Star sweater. Even when I came across old childhood friends years later they always remembered me as the "North Star guy". I must have been the only fan in the GTA.
When I had the Coleco table top hockey game the first team I ordered was the North Stars.

bgxnqf.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

Unpopular opinion coming through, but the North Stars looked far better before the introduction of black.

Neal_Broten_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1374100889

This look is still much better than anything the Wild have ever worn in my opinion, and Minnesota isn't exactly one of the worst looking teams in the league as it is right now.

That's just a great frickin' sweater.

(please note: that sweet green & yellow blocker that the goalie on the bench whom I believe to be Don Beaupre is wearing)

thecatch.jpg

I've always despised the North Stars jerseys with black. It looks so much better without and the addition of black is so jarring and breaks every rule that everyone here judges jerseys on. Just don't get it.

^ early 1990's was like the "Golden Age" of jerseys in the NHL, which many of us here grew up in. So it's probably mostly nostalgia based.

You're right though, if they came out with that now, people would be up in arms screaming "BFBS!" and the like.

I disagree. I think the addition of black made the Northstars. It provided the contrast that was missing from the original identity. They're like the Flames in that regard. Not BFBS but Black out of necessity. You can't just pair two bright colours along with white and expect it not to get washed out.

Archived