2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trying to erase any trace of those jerseys and that era of the Oilers...

*Thinks of Dustin Penner*

Ugh

edmonton_oilers_v_c432.jpg

My god those were terrible! But at least the Oilers had the sense to fix their uniform shortcomings unlike another Alberta team...

Ugh

My god those were terrible! But at least the Oilers had the sense to fix their uniform shortcomings unlike another Alberta team...

Those were embarrassing...

Ugh

*shiver*

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'll say this: Reebok's best work is on teams with untouchable looks. There's no way Nike could top what they did with teams like the Blackhawks and the Red Wings. At the same time, I think that Nike's worst is still better than Reebok's worst and I honestly think that Nike would be an improvement.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'll say this: Reebok's best work is on teams with untouchable looks. There's no way Nike could top what they did with teams like the Blackhawks and the Red Wings. At the same time, I think that Nike's worst is still better than Reebok's worst and I honestly think that Nike would be an improvement.

Someone didn't watch enough of the Olympics.

Czech Republic and Russia looked downright silly, Switzerland wore plain red jerseys, Canada had a single armband, the Slovakia-USA game was intra-squad...Even on the redeeming jerseys, like Russia's reds, there were goofy things like the odd cut out rear half of the shoulder yokes.

I think Nike would gimmick the hell out of the NHL. What good they would do would be soiled by things that would make the Reebox and Apron-Piping look good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I totally agree that Nike wouldn't be an improvement at all in the NHL.

Reebok is actually trending fairly well in NHL uniforms, now that everyone seems to be going simple and retro. My only real complaint with them is the awful quality of replicas and the duck tail right now.

In a perfect world, we'd just go back to the CCM cut, even with Reebok branding if they desire, with CCM/Koho-era quality for replicas, even if at an increased price.... but short of a return to the CCM/Koho era, I'm all for Bauer. Bauer is our only hope.

Ugh

*shiver*

My favorite part of these debacles was that, when asked, the Oiler GM made some reference to the Oilers' jerseys being bad-ass and cool, and the team modeled its look after the Miami Heat. Does anyone remember this? I can't seem to find it on the Google.

That's my favorite part of all these "jersey-fails" -- not necessarily the jersey itself, but the descriptions of the uniform and why changes were made (SJ - lighter weight comes to mind, too).

Correct me if i'm wrong there, but didn't Nike actually had some sort of contracts in the late 90's ? I remember seeing old picture and see that every team had the Nike logo in the back, at the bottom of the jersey. But again, correct me if i'm wrong

Correct me if i'm wrong there, but didn't Nike actually had some sort of contracts in the late 90's ? I remember seeing old picture and see that every team had the Nike logo in the back, at the bottom of the jersey. But again, correct me if i'm wrong

The NHL didn't have a league wide contract back then and some teams wore Nike sweaters.

Reebok is actually trending fairly well in NHL uniforms, now that everyone seems to be going simple and retro.

Um, what? Have you seen any of the Stadium Series games?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I feel that if Reebok renewed their contract, it would just be the status quo, but if Nike came in, they'd wanna make their mark and we'd go through 2007 all over again. Plus, another factor to consider is replicas. Nike's replicas are actually pretty good (although they have been known to use screen-printed crests for some jerseys, so watch out), but $500 for an authentic is obscene.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Reebok is actually trending fairly well in NHL uniforms, now that everyone seems to be going simple and retro.

Those jerseys were handed down from the league. The teams still have control over their regular unis.

There are elements of those designs that will persist past the Stadium Series.

I feel that if Reebok renewed their contract, it would just be the status quo, but if Nike came in, they'd wanna make their mark and we'd go through 2007 all over again. Plus, another factor to consider is replicas. Nike's replicas are actually pretty good (although they have been known to use screen-printed crests for some jerseys, so watch out), but $500 for an authentic is obscene.

2007-2008.... God, that was the worst season ever in term of NHL looks...... Let just hope we won't go to this point...

Those jerseys were handed down from the league. The teams still have control over their regular unis.

Do you know something we don't?

2007-2008.... God, that was the worst season ever in term of NHL looks...... Let just hope we won't go to this point...

I can almost guarantee that Nike would wipe away all of the progress we've made in the past eight years. Just when we were starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, with Edgified monstrosities being replaced every year...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Do you know something we don't?

No insider knowledge. It was reported right before the Stadium Series jerseys were revealed that the teams were more dictated to than consulted. It's somewhere in the Stadium Series jersey thread.

Archived