2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good to see the Hawks back in black(altought it'd be better with the real Black uniform). Pittsburgh uniform could be great for a future template, but they should definately complete the arm stripes

and the sock stripes. That looks ridiculous any time a player turns towards or away from the cameras.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Pretty good to see the Hawks back in black(altought it'd be better with the real Black uniform). Pittsburgh uniform could be great for a future template, but they should definately complete the arm stripes

and the sock stripes. That looks ridiculous any time a player turns towards or away from the cameras.

True that. And maybe the pants too, that triangle looks awful, just put a stripe

I hope SP Apparel gets the new contract. I like the teamplate a bunch, the company is close friends with Reebok, and the teamplate brings back the Baggyness of the CCM cut.

I really hope not. Growing up playing hockey, all the local teams used SP apparel. And it was terrible. The material was bad, the designs were horrific, and the bagginess sucked.

If theres one positive thing to say about what reebok did, ignoring the design choices, the edge is a great jersey cut. Lost the bagginess, and the rounded hems looked so much better than the straight ones all the old designs had.

If theres one positive thing to say about what reebok did, ignoring the design choices, the edge is a great jersey cut. Lost the bagginess, and the rounded hems looked so much better than the straight ones all the old designs had.

Not sure if serious or...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I agree half way with this, the Edge cut does fit better, but the rounded hems suck

I agree half way with this, the Edge cut does fit better, but the rounded hems suck

seriously though, the cut is the worst part of all of it. I think it's worse than the rounded hem, and i HATE that.

The Edge 2.0/7287 cut is actually quite nice and comfortable to wear. It's not form-fitting by any stretch of the imagination, but it's also not the overly baggy tarps the old 6100s became once Reebok took over.

The rounded hem is a silly relic, but outside of that, it's a solid jersey. My biggest objections are the price, and the in-house Indonesian fakes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've found quite the opposite is true. I haven't bought an edge jersey because they don't fit me right, but I have 50-some CCM/KOHOs, 20 some ProPlayer, a few Starter, a few Nike, a few Bauer, no problems with any of them. It's only the Reebok Edge.

I hate the current cut.

I have a question since we're discussing jersey cuts. I recently bought my first hockey jersey on eBay. It's a Nike 1998 USA Hockey jersey. The length of the arms and hem fit me perfect, but the jersey is super baggy. Is that how the jerseys from the 90's are supposed to fit?

I'm having trouble telling the teams apart today.

I feel ya.

Between Vancouver's arm stripes and pants and Ottawa's jerseys and socks, there is far too much vintage white. It's a hard watch. And the fact that it's really not outside yet there's snow covering the entire field.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I have a question since we're discussing jersey cuts. I recently bought my first hockey jersey on eBay. It's a Nike 1998 USA Hockey jersey. The length of the arms and hem fit me perfect, but the jersey is super baggy. Is that how the jerseys from the 90's are supposed to fit?

Nike manufactured their jerseys throughout the 90s, even the replicas, to be worn over pads. What you have is not uncommon. Many of the 90s nike jerseys I can wear a size smaller than usual

The tight Edge cut disappeared relatively quickly. The current cut of the sweaters is actually more in line with the old CCM cut.

I'm having trouble telling the teams apart today.

I feel ya.

Between Vancouver's arm stripes and pants and Ottawa's jerseys and socks, there is far too much vintage white. It's a hard watch. And the fact that it's really not outside yet there's snow covering the entire field.

The announcing crew keep on commenting on it too.

I wonder if the Sens will use their vintage white heritage uniforms again during the season. And i hope it gets promoted to the full time road jsersey along with the black one becoming the full time home. Finally, the Sens would have their own identity !

The tight Edge cut disappeared relatively quickly. The current cut of the sweaters is actually more in line with the old CCM cut.

I'm not talking about the spandex cut. I'm referring to the one now, which looks nowhere near as baggy as the old cut. The old one seriously looked like they were wearing a poncho. You could see it flapping around as they skated quickly. The current cut is fantastic. Streamlined but not airtight or baggy.

And the straight hems sucked. It makes sense if you've got it tucked in like basketball, football and baseball jerseys, but in hockey it sits over the pants, so it looks bad.

Archived