2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone actually likes the Reebok EDGE jerseys more than the traditional hockey sweater, please leave this forum.

God forbid someone disagree with a common sentiment on a forum. Its not like we're here to discuss anything. Just nod our heads in agreement about how amazing/terrible something looks.

Obviously some horrible design choices have come with the EDGE jersey. But I like the cut a lot better. The "traditional" hockey sweaters looked like an oversized poncho.

When they first came out, I hated the rounded hems. I am so used to it now that it doesn't bother me at all.

Agreed. Plus I remember some teams fixing them so they weren't so drastic.

I still prefer the traditional hockey sweater, ok not traditional in the sweater sense like the early days, but from the 70's on.

2ly2w09.jpg

The curved hem would have looked alright if the curve was more subtle and not curved in the front, like why is that even necessary?

My solution (In my own perfect world): flat front, notch on the sides, and the back is lowered slightly below the front and curved in an actual curved line, not that flat swoop they have now. That IMHO would look much better.

The curved hem would have looked alright if the curve was more subtle and not curved in the front, like why is that even necessary?

My solution (In my own perfect world): flat front, notch on the sides, and the back is lowered slightly below the front and curved in an actual curved line, not that flat swoop they have now. That IMHO would look much better.

Like this?

Naslund_Bertuzzi_Morrison_f.jpg

If anyone actually likes the Reebok EDGE jerseys more than the traditional hockey sweater, please leave this forum.

God forbid someone disagree with a common sentiment on a forum. Its not like we're here to discuss anything. Just nod our heads in agreement about how amazing/terrible something looks.

Obviously some horrible design choices have come with the EDGE jersey. But I like the cut a lot better. The "traditional" hockey sweaters looked like an oversized poncho.

The rounded hems look sloppy and like was mentioned, untucked (which is sloppy). Look at that Blackhawks photo again. Straight lines and a rounded hem. Looks pretty terrible. The round hems don't fit into any aspect of the uniform at all.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

but hopefully it's the beginning of the transition from gladiator to heritage look as the primary.

God i hope not. I think the gladiator is so much cooler looking then those "O" jerseys. Plus it gives the modern Senators their own look and identity rather than copying their predecessors.

The Catch of the Day!

I think that people just associate the rounded hem with the slimmer cut and accept that it is just part of the look.

It doesn't have to be that way.

I agree that the slimmer fit of the edge jerseys look better, but the hem should not be rounded. The Rangers ended up pinning/sewing their jerseys when the edge cut first came out so that the hem didn't look rounded. Why can't this just be done?

6b7b1ffc4757c409_zps3eeb463e.jpg

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Tonight is the first time I've gotten to see the Stars new road uniforms in person. They are pretty. They're some black outlines away from being perfect. I think they're that good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The rounded hems look sloppy and like was mentioned, untucked (which is sloppy). Look at that Blackhawks photo again. Straight lines and a rounded hem. Looks pretty terrible. The round hems don't fit into any aspect of the uniform at all.

That's nice. I still like them better.

I wonder if the Sens will use their vintage white heritage uniforms again during the season. And i hope it gets promoted to the full time road jsersey along with the black one becoming the full time home. Finally, the Sens would have their own identity !

I think Cyril Leeder confirmed that they will wear them for at least one home game this season. This might be just to show them off in front of a home crowd to boost jersey sales, but hopefully it's the beginning of the transition from gladiator to heritage look as the primary.

With all the great logos the modern version of the Senators have produced, going with a Times New Roman "O" on two stripes would be a tragedy. Updated 2d senator on the inaugural jersey template and they have the perfect look.

I wonder if the Sens will use their vintage white heritage uniforms again during the season. And i hope it gets promoted to the full time road jsersey along with the black one becoming the full time home. Finally, the Sens would have their own identity !

I think Cyril Leeder confirmed that they will wear them for at least one home game this season. This might be just to show them off in front of a home crowd to boost jersey sales, but hopefully it's the beginning of the transition from gladiator to heritage look as the primary.

With all the great logos the modern version of the Senators have produced, going with a Times New Roman "O" on two stripes would be a tragedy. Updated 2d senator on the inaugural jersey template and they have the perfect look.

Agreed, I'd love to see some sort of return or update to the original "2D" senator from the inaugural jerseys.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

Agreed, I'd love to see some sort of return or update to the original "2D" senator from the inaugural jerseys.

I agree again and again !

Senators04.png

That was the best set they ever worn. I had a the black one when i was young but i don't anymore. They should never have switched the black with the awful red one in 2000.

I prefer the 3D version to the 2D version but the Sens need to go back to those uniforms ASAP. They're a great example of a franchise that never should have changed their look, no matter what certain tradition haters say.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They're a great example of a franchise that never should have changed their look, no matter what certain tradition haters say.

To quote someone who said this in some previous pages from this topic. Almost every teams arriving in the 90's should have never changed their look

Those jerseys were awful. I will never understand why people liked them. They were even worse when the black jerseys had no white trim. And that logo? Miserable.

The best jersey template they've had was the third with the laurels:

Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-je

Use the new logo on the front, the new 2-D on the shoulders (because the Peace Tower logo was a joke), and find a font that isn't Serpentine or Copperplate. Make it red, even, if you prefer that. Make a white version. Done. Dusted.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived