2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

the senators original uniforms looked a TON better when they added the white stripe, and change the sleeve numbers on the home to white.

then, they were perfect.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which of these would you prefer the Senators to go to full-time?

These...

SenatorsConceptA.png

I think this would be a really good improvement compared to the Senators current Primary jerseys they wear now. This isn't the best look in the NHL and I do agree that compared to the Roman identity, this is boring but it would be unique and as I said, this would be an improvement to their current look.

I hated the sens sweater in the heritage classic.

The 2d logo is so much better.

It was an extremely bland looking game bordering on bad.

SenatorsConcept2a.png

Aside from the number font this looks perfect. I think the thing I hate about the Heritage jerseys the most is the vintage white. It doesn't suit them at all.

I like the Heritage Classic jerseys myself but I do think the game was a little too Creamy. The Senators Heritage jersey would look a lot better if it was a lighter cream color than what they used. The Senators Cream jersey was too dark of a beige color. For the purpose of the Heritage Classic, the Canucks and the Senators did a really good with their jerseys. When two teams are dressing like it is 1915, you really can't expect them to wear something downright amazing. Anyway, this concept with the unused Roman logo isn't too bad but I think the Original Roman is the best logo the Senators have ever had. I agree with Morgo about the number font on this. I think the late 90's black jersey is by far their best look. The one with the laurels on it wasn't bad but its predecessor is a look that should be brought back.

Calgary will be wearing their retro uniforms tonight for Joe Nieuwendyk's jersey retirement.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

My problem with the original jerseys you're all posting is that the red isn't bright enough to sit directly on black. It looks muddied and gross from far away. Its the same issue that ruins the Canucks alts and the old Lightning uniforms.

SenatorsConceptA.pngSenatorsConcept2a.png

My problem with these (the roman ones) is that the red can't sit directly on black. It gets muddied up and lost from even a slight distance.

Its the same issue that ruins the Canucks alts and old Lightning uniforms.

As much as I like the Stars new rebrand, the loss of gold is bothering me more and more. Especially on the night Mike Modano's jersey is retired. R.I.P. to a great colour scheme :(

Yeah I can see what you mean. The new colour scheme feels a lot more 'Dallas' to me though. And it opens up green and gold for when Seattle inevitably gets a team.

i actually really like all 4 of the new banners the stars unveiled.

the found the one common aspect from every era that each player played in. green. so the numbers are solid green, with the appropriate logo under their number. in 50 years, if they have another couple new numbers, it'll still fit.

it's way better than putting up banners with the wrong logo on them, imo.

i actually really like all 4 of the new banners the stars unveiled.

the found the one common aspect from every era that each player played in. green. so the numbers are solid green, with the appropriate logo under their number. in 50 years, if they have another couple new numbers, it'll still fit.

it's way better than putting up banners with the wrong logo on them, imo.

Agreed. Like Vancouver did earlier this year with Bure's banner by putting the green and blue scheme on it

What Dallas did is not as bad as what Vancouver did.

Yes it's true Modano never wore that jersey. But at least they included the appropriate logo at the bottom, which includes gold. So gold is included on the banner, even if it's only a minor touch. I don't think it's wrong to use a supplement number font, because it's nicer to look at, longs it doesn't alienate us completely.

Is there a shot of all their current banners somewhere online? Did they really change em' all up to fit the current theme? It would be better to C & C the new look if there was a visual.

Yes it's true Modano never wore that jersey. But at least they included the appropriate logo at the bottom, which includes gold. So gold is included on the banner, even if it's only a minor touch. I don't think it's wrong to use a supplement number font, because it's nicer to look at, longs it doesn't alienate us completely.

Is there a shot of all their current banners somewhere online? Did they really change em' all up to fit the current theme? It would be better to C & C the new look if there was a visual.

ColeJ posted it in the Banners thread.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't really have a problem with either. I like the idea of unified banners.

The old banner, from ColeJ's photobucket actually:

banners2.jpg

The new banners:

1779756_10152207418921480_1340076361_n.j

banners2.jpg

Yuck. That's bush league.

And the other banners could benefit from a switch away from Times New Roman. I don't like how they used the current font in the current colours because it's such a prominent part of the design. That said, at least they used era-specific logos, so I don't mind it too much.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

banners2.jpg

Yuck. That's bush league.

Pretty much. I know everyone I talked to about the retirement ceremony was glad that they have actual banners now. Major upgrade.

I absolutely love the timeless look of the new banners. Super clean. I'd honestly be okay with redoing every championship banner in that simple look too. Including the cup banner, which to some is blasphemy. They just all look so tacky and 90s to me. Shimmer material on the borders too.

The banners do look improved, but they leave a lot to be desired. I'm for coloured banners actually, they tend to look better under stadium light. Also they could have put a sweater hem design on the bottom there to give it something more.

Archived