2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please note: I'm not trying to be disrespectful re: the Peverley situation or make light of it. Just pasting this picture to show Timmy Thomas's epic temporary look:

nhl_u_thomas_d1_576x324.jpg

I hope we eventually get to see him rocking some kelly green pads with stripes that match the sleeves.

Wow...did he start and play like that?

Yes...and he came in in relief of Lehtonen a game earlier, after a 4th liner plowed into him and concussed him.

timthomas-stars.jpg

477366697-tim-thomas-of-the-dallas-stars

Oh yeah...this happend, too:

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2014/03/panthers_give_out_tim_thomas_bobbleheads_bruins.html

Thomas%20bobble-thumb-450x569-128223.jpg

And yet even the Panthers bobblehead pads are wrong...

No, it's paint-your-own since he wore so many different pads/masks this year. Pick your favorite.

Perhaps he'll have the very same design but with green stars logo instead. No need for a new design, just change the colors

And yet even the Panthers bobblehead pads are wrong...

Tim-Thomas-Florida.jpg

It might actually just be an early version one

Ah, thanks. I remembered the white mask. Didn't realize he had the pads to match.

timthomas-stars.jpg

I like the idea behind these pads and how they're intended to look like the socks that his teammates on the Panthers wore. It's too bad there aren't any photos of him actually wearing them with the Panthers. I wish more goalies would do that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

DuaneSutterStanleyCup.jpg

NIKE UNDERARMS!

Never realised how bad that looks, i always thought it did but now it looks so much worse lifting the cup

Yep, unfortunately, if Nike takes over the NHL's contract, that's what we'll be seeing every year, even if the jerseys in the picture aren't actually Nike jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

NIKE UNDERARMS!

Never realised how bad that looks, i always thought it did but now it looks so much worse lifting the cup

That picture is confusing in so many ways.

Very confusing to see the Islanders and the Stanley Cup in the same photograph. Hard to believe such an incompetently run team was once an unstoppable dynasty.

sig.png

NIKE UNDERARMS!

My eyes, they burn!

NIKE UNDERARMS!

Very confusing to see the Islanders and the Stanley Cup in the same photograph. Hard to believe such an incompetently run team was once an unstoppable dynasty.

Haha, true! It'd be like seeing a Cubs World Series team picture!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

NIKE UNDERARMS!

Haha, true! It'd be like seeing a Cubs World Series team picture!

They had cameras back then?

Also, nothing spectacular, but the Sens are using their heritage sweaters for the coloured/white teams instead of their ususal home/away sweaters in their Skills competition.

ssk.png

Guess they're getting their full use out of it.

The Kings will next year wear the yellow 1967 uniforms for their Legends nights. I for one am excited, another jersey to add to the collection.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/03/12/kings-going-gold-with-legends-night-jerseys-next-season/

Please no.. the Kings are not the Lakers, just the purple jersey looked fine but not a yellow one.

original.jpg?w=600&h

Also, i saw this in the comments from the link. Tought it might be a great look for the KIngs in the future. A modern look with a vintage touch

Archived