2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

The Kings will next year wear the yellow 1967 uniforms for their Legends nights. I for one am excited, another jersey to add to the collection.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/03/12/kings-going-gold-with-legends-night-jerseys-next-season/

Please no.. the Kings are not the Lakers, just the purple jersey looked fine but not a yellow one.

original.jpg?w=600&h

Also, i saw this in the comments from the link. Tought it might be a great look for the KIngs in the future. A modern look with a vintage touch

You are correct they aren't the Lakers. The Kings know how to win!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings will next year wear the yellow 1967 uniforms for their Legends nights. I for one am excited, another jersey to add to the collection.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/03/12/kings-going-gold-with-legends-night-jerseys-next-season/

Please no.. the Kings are not the Lakers, just the purple jersey looked fine but not a yellow one.

original.jpg?w=600&h

Also, i saw this in the comments from the link. Tought it might be a great look for the KIngs in the future. A modern look with a vintage touch

tell that to the lakers rings

This is how they'll look, per Kings insider Jon Rosen:

Gold-Jerseys-e1394653922574.jpg

Also:

Though it’s several years away, ideas are being proposed about ways to commemorate the 2016-17 season, the team’s 50th in the National Hockey League. An idea Robitaille shared would be to use multiple jerseys from the team’s history, similar to what the Montreal Canadiens did in 2008-09 and 2009-10.

“I’d love to find a way to bring back probably not every one of our jerseys, but a bunch of them,” he said. “Montreal did a great job with their 100th year anniversary. For us, it’s our 50th coming, so we’d love to do something where we’re able to bring at least one jersey from each era, and play one or two games within that year. We think it’s going to be pretty special.”

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I've always wondered why the 2009 ASG jersey wordmarks weren't in French.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Gorgeous.

I'm gonna assume that the league will wear an "NHL 100th Anniversary" patch that year, which will probably pose some problems with several teams sporting 50th/100th anniversary patches. And then the Leafs will probably add an ASG patch on top of that. I'm sure the league will allow exemptions, because otherwise, that ain't gonna be pretty.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

original.jpg?w=600&h

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You fool.

Gorgeous.

I'm gonna assume that the league will wear an "NHL 100th Anniversary" patch that year, which will probably pose some problems with several teams sporting 50th/100th anniversary patches. And then the Leafs will probably add an ASG patch on top of that. I'm sure the league will allow exemptions, because otherwise, that ain't gonna be pretty.

In the Leafs' case, I suspect they'll replace one of their shoulder patches with the anniversary patch and have the ASG patch opposite of their captains' letters.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Gorgeous.

In the Leafs' case, I suspect they'll replace one of their shoulder patches with the anniversary patch and have the ASG patch opposite of their captains' letters.

For the ASG patch, I could see them working the 100 into the design and getting an exception to wearing the league-wide 100 years patch. The 50/100 thing, though... I dunno.

I could easily see the Leafs just forgoing the All-Star game patch. In the grand scheme of things, that's not really a very important patch to wear.

As far as the 100/50 thing, I've wondered that for a long time. I've also wondered if the Stars would wear a 50th anniversary patch, or if their use of 10th and 20th anniversary patches, celebrating their time in dallas, would make them ignore the 50th anniversary of 1967 expansion.

I've had that date circled on my calendar since I was a teenager, in hopes of finally seeing the Dallas Stars in North Stars throwbacks. If it's going to happen, it's going to be that year.

Maybe the "Next Six" will get their own patch, that honors both dates, while the rest of the league will wear the same 100 year patch? Or maybe the 100 year patch will be thin and small like the "NHL 2000" patch, and be able to fit above the 50th patches and all-star patch, like the Stars and Devils did in the 2000 Finals.

10694.jpg

DuaneSutterStanleyCup.jpg

NIKE UNDERARMS!

Never realised how bad that looks, i always thought it did but now it looks so much worse lifting the cup

That picture is confusing in so many ways.

I'm almost certain that's the goalie cut jersey.

The regular jerseys looked fine

mike_bossy_with_stanley_cup.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

it's not a goalie cut, unless duane sutter switched positions.

that said, it IS a modified cut. that's obvious. I'm not saying that the Isles all had it. I just saw that picture, thought it was hilarious, given nike's template and all the bitching we hear about it, and decided to post it.

DuaneSutterStanleyCup.jpg

NIKE UNDERARMS!

Never realised how bad that looks, i always thought it did but now it looks so much worse lifting the cup

That picture is confusing in so many ways.

Very confusing to see the Islanders and the Stanley Cup in the same photograph. Hard to believe such an incompetently run team was once an unstoppable dynasty.

it's shocking to think if the bumbling, stumbling epic fail of a franchise was all that you know of the islanders. I fortunately am old enough to remember, vaguely, when they were at least half assed decent/respectable. it's still hard for me to grasp that they are working on 2 full scale decades of fail.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I could easily see the Leafs just forgoing the All-Star game patch. In the grand scheme of things, that's not really a very important patch to wear.

As far as the 100/50 thing, I've wondered that for a long time. I've also wondered if the Stars would wear a 50th anniversary patch, or if their use of 10th and 20th anniversary patches, celebrating their time in dallas, would make them ignore the 50th anniversary of 1967 expansion.

I've had that date circled on my calendar since I was a teenager, in hopes of finally seeing the Dallas Stars in North Stars throwbacks.

Maybe the "Next Six" will get their own patch, that honors both dates, while the rest of the league will wear the same 100 year patch?

1. Probably, yeah.

2. I think they will. They've been pretty good in recognizing their history in Minnesota, so I'd expect them to do something for their biggest anniversary, especially when four other teams are gonna do the same. The real question would be whether they make a point of acknowledging the Seals/Barons.

3. That would be awesome, potentially bitter Wild fans be damned. Though it's unlikely, I'd love to see Seals/Barons throwbacks and the whole wave of merchandise that'd be for sale.

4. I think that's the best option. Modify the league-wide patch to acknowledge the five teams' silver anniversaries.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Barons/Seals history is a little bit of a grey area, with some people feeling that they were the assets that "de-merged" when the Sharks and Stars did that joint expansion draft. Because of that, I'd be okay with the Stars not really acknowledging much of the Seals/Barons legacy. Their stats aren't in our record books, and there's not that obvious connection that you get with the Stars lineage.

Either way, I still like to joke with some of my friends that cheer for Boston and Montreal that the Stars are 1/3 of the "Next Six" making them basically an Original 6 franchise if you really think about it. (stupid logic, i know, but it makes sense when you'e drunk and talking hockey.)

The Barons/Seals history is a little bit of a grey area, with some people feeling that they were the assets that "de-merged" when the Sharks and Stars did that joint expansion draft. Because of that, I'd be okay with the Stars not really acknowledging much of the Seals/Barons legacy. Their stats aren't in our record books, and there's not that obvious connection that you get with the Stars lineage.

Either way, I still like to joke with some of my friends that cheer for Boston and Montreal that the Stars are 1/3 of the "Next Six" making them basically an Original 6 franchise if you really think about it. (stupid logic, i know, but it makes sense when you'e drunk and talking hockey.)

I wish the NHL and the sharks would officially recognize the DEMERGER of the Minnesota North Stars and Cleveland Barons and the Barons relocation back to the bay area (San Jose). It makes perfect sense, and makes the NHL look good because all six "next six" franchises are still in operation. Dallas (Minnesota), Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose (California/Oakland/Cleveland), and St. Louis.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

it's also interesting that none of those teams had secondary logos on their shoulders in that era.

Only Dallas does now, right?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived