2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Are the Canucks going to wear their Millionaire jerseys again? Also, I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the teams that played Outdoors are going to wear their Outdoor jerseys again?

The Islanders did it like 4 times now. The Rangers did once against the Islanders. Ottawa has been rumored to wear them again soon, such as the Kings. Pittsburgh said the won't wear their Stadium Series jersey anymore. And someone told that the Devils will wear them in their next game against Boston. Toronto wore their Winter Classic twice now.

That's all i know for now !

Thanks for answering!!! :D Ottawa is actually wearing theirs for their game against the Habs today. It sucks that Pittsburgh isn't going to wear their Stadium Series look at least one more time. It's nothing special but nevertheless, it is miles better than their current jerseys in my opinion and the chrome logo brings the shine to the Vegas Gold color again. I also think it is one of the better S.S. looks. As for Chicago and Anaheim, as much as I really disliked their Stadium Series jerseys, I think it would be nice to see both teams wear them at least one more time so that we get to see them indoors and so that fans who actually bought them get to enjoy them on the ice one more time

I wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh in their stadium series jersey only if they fix the arm stripe. And i hope they'd wear their regular socks because their Stadium Series one were so awful... probably the worst socks i've ever seen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Canucks going to wear their Millionaire jerseys again? Also, I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the teams that played Outdoors are going to wear their Outdoor jerseys again?

The Islanders did it like 4 times now. The Rangers did once against the Islanders. Ottawa has been rumored to wear them again soon, such as the Kings. Pittsburgh said the won't wear their Stadium Series jersey anymore. And someone told that the Devils will wear them in their next game against Boston. Toronto wore their Winter Classic twice now.

That's all i know for now !

Thanks for answering!!! :D Ottawa is actually wearing theirs for their game against the Habs today. It sucks that Pittsburgh isn't going to wear their Stadium Series look at least one more time. It's nothing special but nevertheless, it is miles better than their current jerseys in my opinion and the chrome logo brings the shine to the Vegas Gold color again. I also think it is one of the better S.S. looks. As for Chicago and Anaheim, as much as I really disliked their Stadium Series jerseys, I think it would be nice to see both teams wear them at least one more time so that we get to see them indoors and so that fans who actually bought them get to enjoy them on the ice one more time

I wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh in their stadium series jersey only if they fix the arm stripe. And i hope they'd wear their regular socks because their Stadium Series one were so awful... probably the worst socks i've ever seen

I completely agree about Pittsburgh's Stadium Series jersey. The socks were pathetic and incomplete arm stripes are the worst. I must say, I love Ottawa's Vintage White throwback/fauxback jersey. I think it is really nice. I just realized that I have post 666 on this topic. :s Speaking of the Devil, there was a method to my madness mentioning that. I love the Devils' throwback too and I can't wait to see them wear it on Tuesday. Happy St. Patrick's Day folks!

DuaneSutterStanleyCup.jpg

NIKE UNDERARMS!

Never realised how bad that looks, i always thought it did but now it looks so much worse lifting the cup
That picture is confusing in so many ways.

Very confusing to see the Islanders and the Stanley Cup in the same photograph. Hard to believe such an incompetently run team was once an unstoppable dynasty.

If you look closely, you can tell it's a Photoshop. I believe in the original picture he is holding a hockey stick, NHL 94 style.

If I had to guess I'd think that was probably a quick alteration to the jersey by somebody on the equipment team. Maybe he (I think it's Sutter) personally needed a little more room in the lower arms than the standard size allowed? Pull out the scissors and the sewing machine and make it happen.

The Leafs really need to start wearing St. Pats throwbacks on St. Patty's Day. Related note: They're selling a lot of St. Pats stuff at the ACC with the slogan "100 Years of Hockey" (getting early on the centennial game), which raised a bit of false hope.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If a FB post by Joffrey Lupul's page is true the Leafs will be wearing the white 67 jerseys tonight with the blue shoulder yolk! If true that's also 5 different sweaters this year!

Edit: upon closer review I see a Grabovski jersey as there is no current #84 on the Leafs, not to sure why a official page would post the image? Could still be true?

untitled-6.jpg

Watch the Canucks-Tampa game yesterday, I have to say, while I don't like that Tampa seemed to throw away their idenitity to go to their current look, it is a nice simple, classy look.

Also, after watching the Heritage Classic and watching Ottawa use their heritage jerseys once after that, I loathe "vintage white" or whatever the hell it is called. I think it looks terrible.

Just went to his page...

1798656_1473724402840474_138349583_t.jpg

Joffrey Lupul

3 hours ago

Gameday!

1926669_1477411042471810_1773247222_n.jp

These are one of my all-time fave jerseys...<3 Why did they go away?

People are saying it's an old photo...oh well :(

2nd jersey on the right #84 middle jersey is John Mitchell, thus for sure it's atleast an old photo, but lets hope they wear them today because they are also my all-time favourite whites for the Leafs.
untitled-6.jpg

Remember when the Lightning had an identity? We got to see it briefly tonight

Funny thing is, when they had it, everyone wanted it changed. Now, everyone is wanting them back. Nothing like the good ole days huh?

In my opinion they've never got it right. The original set had fresh original colours, a decent striping template and a horrible logo. In 2007 they fixed the logo and completely messed up the jerseys. When the redesign was announced in 2011, I was hoping they were going to fix the striping but instead they ditched everything good about the identity in the first place. No metallic silver, very little black and truly unremarkable logos. Add the wholly unnecessary wormark to the roads & the generic striping and you have arguably the worst redesign since the Edge Uniform system was implemented. As flawed as the cup jerseys were, I'll take them over the current trash any day.

Funny thing is, when they had it, everyone wanted it changed. Now, everyone is wanting them back. Nothing like the good ole days huh?

I can't speak for everyone but in my opinion they've never got it right. The original set had fresh original colours, a decent striping template and a horrible logo. In 2007 they fixed the logo and completely messed up the jerseys. When the redesign in 2011 was announced I was hoping they were going to fix the striping but instead they ditched everything good about the indentity in the first place. No metallic silver, very little black and truly unremarkable logos. Add the wholly unnecessary wormark to the roads & the generic striping pattern and you have arguably the worst redesign since the Edge Uniform system was implemented. As flawed as the cup jerseys were, I'll take them over the current trash any day.

Yup. Go back to Hawaiian Blue, bring back the 2007 logo, make your home jersey blue (with a black alt), and get a little creative with the striping. Boom.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Just like the Mighty Ducks. Everyone was saying that it was too cartoonish for a professional team, that the colors didn't mean Hockey and all that. And look now, people are begging the Ducks to use their throwback jersey more often

Hey guys, sorry to burst your bubbles but the Leafs are sadly not wearing those awesome white Throwbacks against Detroit. :( Since Lupul posted that, I'm wondering if maybe it might just be a sign of things to come. I hope they will end up wearing them again. They have zillions of photos of their current jerseys but why would he post a picture of that jersey? I must say, this is interesting. Also, I see that people on here want the Bolts to bring back their original look. I agree that it is much better than their current jerseys but I am kind of hoping that they will try something new. It would be a good third though or, what I'm hoping for is that the Bolts jump on the throwback wagon and wear the black throwback a few times a year and have a new third jersey on top of that.

Just went to his page...

1798656_1473724402840474_138349583_t.jpg

Joffrey Lupul

3 hours ago

Gameday!

1926669_1477411042471810_1773247222_n.jp

These are one of my all-time fave jerseys...<3 Why did they go away?

People are saying it's an old photo...oh well :(

2nd jersey on the right #84 middle jersey is John Mitchell, thus for sure it's atleast an old photo, but lets hope they wear them today because they are also my all-time favourite whites for the Leafs.

You mean Grabbo? :(

Also, if you look closely, the uniforms have the old Reebok box logo on them, not the wordmark. I would have loved to see the old alts again. Maybe in 2017.

Is it just me, or did the Blues attach Miller's head to someone else's neck? The complexion looks weird.

8468011.jpg

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived