2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a rumor about the Flyers were gonna get a new alternate uniform pretty soon. Did you guys heard anything abiut that?

Where did you hear it?

A local radio station. Yeah i know, it's really not a good source but who knows. I think the Flyers could actually use an alternate uniform, or even a complete new redesign

Ugh. So the Ducks, Beej, Sens, and Wild may promote their awful, mostly-derivative thirds to primaries? Good Lord.

The only good news is the Pens' third jersey rumour. Why they insisted on throwbacking/fauxbacking to eras where they were completely irrelevant is beyond me (yeah, yeah, I know of Mario's hate of athletic gold, but still).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Ugh. So the Ducks, Beej, Sens, and Wild may promote their awful, mostly-derivative thirds to primaries? Good Lord.

The only good news is the Pens' third jersey rumour. Why they insisted on throwbacking/fauxbacking to eras where they were completely irrelevant is beyond me (yeah, yeah, I know of Mario's hate of athletic gold, but still).

aren't they throwing back to the stanley cup jerseys

aren't they throwing back to the stanley cup jerseys

According to the rumour, yes. I was referring to their recent practice of throwing back to the sixties/seventies/eighties decades of irrelevance.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I heard a rumor about the Flyers were gonna get a new alternate uniform pretty soon. Did you guys heard anything abiut that?

Where did you hear it?

A local radio station. Yeah i know, it's really not a good source but who knows. I think the Flyers could actually use an alternate uniform, or even a complete new redesign

I could see the Flyers trying a new alternate. As for a redesign, I think all they need to do is make the orange the shade that it was years ago. I actually don't mind the nameplates. I like the look of them on the Flyers' jerseys even though I have a feeling I'm in the minority on that opinion.

If I remember correctly, the Wild said back in the summer that the green jersey will continue to be the alternate for a while, which I would assume that means for the next few years at least. I agree, it isn't the best jersey ever made but I think it is better than their red jersey. As for the Jackets, I haven't heard a damn word about any changes and I doubt that they will for this season though I could be wrong on that. As for their third, it won't be the primary, at least I hope not. That and an off-white road jersey would be pretty bad. I wouldn't even care for a white version of it. Actually, I'd like to see them try something new. As for the Ducks, I agree, their third isn't anything special but I think it is an improvement over their current home and roads but that's just my thinking. The Senators' Heritage jerseys aren't too bad. I like them better than their current set and I wouldn't mind seeing one team in the league have a road jersey that isn't white.

Where did you hear it?

I could see the Flyers trying a new alternate. As for a redesign, I think all they need to do is make the orange the shade that it was years ago. I actually don't mind the nameplates. I like the look of them on the Flyers' jerseys even though I have a feeling I'm in the minority on that opinion.

They should have a new look for them and not copying the ones of the Bobby Clarke era. They should take their 2012 Winter Classic jersey and get a matching white and make those their primary set. A new look for a new generation of Flyers

I also agree with the talk that there won't be a white version of the current Third Jersey. I too haven't seen a single mockup/concept that looked good enough to be worn on the ice. The design was just not made to be white. We'll either get a new design or keep the current Away Jersey. My money is the current Away Jersey stays for a few more years.

Icethetics posted a concept today with a white Ducks jersey that isn't bad:

0114-brandonholmes-ana.png?__SQUARESPACE

I would maybe swap the orange and black on the shoulder yoke so that there isn't too much orange but besides that I definitely like this better than the current roads.

I also agree with the talk that there won't be a white version of the current Third Jersey. I too haven't seen a single mockup/concept that looked good enough to be worn on the ice. The design was just not made to be white. We'll either get a new design or keep the current Away Jersey. My money is the current Away Jersey stays for a few more years.

The home jersey has 6 layers of stripes at each end. There's plenty of room to move things around, to make it look good on white.

Where did you hear it?

They should have a new look for them and not copying the ones of the Bobby Clarke era. They should take their 2012 Winter Classic jersey and get a matching white and make those their primary set. A new look for a new generation of Flyers

As much as I liked the 2012 Winter Classic jersey, I hope they don't ever switch to it. Something about the whole uniform wasn't right for the Flyers.

The worst part about the Ducks' thirds are those god awful orange knee things. Get rid of those!

I like it. They were going for a Mighty Ducks style with the reversed sleeve stripes.

What do sleeve stripes have to do with the orange knee cap thing?

The worst part about the Ducks' thirds are those god awful orange knee things. Get rid of those!

I like it. They were going for a Mighty Ducks style with the reversed sleeve stripes.

1802570b.jpgducks3rd2.jpg

The sock striping is the sleeve striping upside down.

IbjBaeE.png

1802570b.jpgducks3rd2.jpg

The sock striping is the sleeve striping upside down.

giphy.gif

I never noticed that before. Guess I shouldn't hate on those socks anymore...

Though with how much brighter the orange is, they should have more of it, so it's less "flashes of orange" and more "always there"

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like it. For me, It's the perfect balance of the orange and black. (Only thing I'd change is the phantom yoke.) I like the orange, but too much and you're veering into Flyers territory.

I've always been of the thought that the Ducks should be the black/orange team and the Flyers are the orange/black team. Much in the same way the Giants and Orioles are in MLB.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived