2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On NHL.com, the lighting in this pic kind of makes the vintage white on CBJ's jerseys look like regular white. It looks a lot better IMO.

7f1dae9f9fcbd09b13d13cf5a65d7bf1.png

Ya vintage white just makes it look like the jersey never made it to the washing machine, regular white always looks better.

Definitely agree, regular white is far and above a better look.

The Stars never really had great uniforms in Dallas. The '90s trend of "Darken ALL the colours" didn't do them well. Black + dark green + gold looks awful. Their previous logo with the current shade of green and Minnesota's shade of gold would have looked schmexy.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Stars' homes do look like the Blackhawks in green though. I'm not gonna state the obvious similarities why but to not acknowledge them is just mind boggling. We slam Tampa Bay and Carolina for copying the looks of well established franchises but the Stars get a pass because we admire their new shade of green?

Midway.png

The Stars' homes do look like the Blackhawks in green though. I'm not gonna state the obvious similarities why but to not acknowledge them is just mind boggling. We slam Tampa Bay and Carolina for copying the looks of well established franchises but the Stars get a pass because we admire their new shade of green?

Tampa Bay's colour scheme is to reminiscent of Toronto's. Carolina's colour scheme is to reminiscent of Detroit's. While Dallas' home striping may be similar to Chicago's their unique colour scheme means no one's going to mistake them for anyone else. The only other sweater that kind of looks like it would be those unofficial knockoff St. Patrick's Day Blackhawks sweaters, and the more that can be done to marginalize that look the better.

The color really dictates everything.

Do people notice that the Kings' purple and golds look like Detroit's template? Or the 80s ones look like Philadelphia's template? Has anybody ever confused the two?

No. The colors matter. The problem with the Lightning is that they match the Leafs blue, not that they use Detroit's pattern.

Most people say Carolina looks like Team Canada, even though their striping is the same as the Leafs.

Color is first and foremost in identification. Dallas has a unique color. They do not look like Chicago or New York because of that.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Do people notice that the Kings' purple and golds look like Detroit's template? Or the 80s ones look like Philadelphia's template? Has anybody ever confused the two?

No. The colors matter. The problem with the Lightning is that they match the Leafs blue, not that they use Detroit's pattern.

Most people say Carolina looks like Team Canada, even though their striping is the same as the Leafs.

Color is first and foremost in identification. Dallas has a unique color. They do not look like Chicago or New York because of that.

But they do look like the Blackhawks St-Patrick's jerseys...

http://www.jerseysaddict.com/product_info.php/youth-nhl-chicago-blackhawks-patrick-kane-88-reebok-st-patricks-day-jersey-p-5791

But they do look like the Blackhawks St-Patrick's jerseys...

http://www.jerseysaddict.com/product_info.php/youth-nhl-chicago-blackhawks-patrick-kane-88-reebok-st-patricks-day-jersey-p-5791

That is a one off alternate uniform, it really does not matter if they look similar, it does not match the look of any other teams primary look like the lightning and leafs

And it's a jersey the team never wore. Not even for practices. It's a fashion jersey that started as a counterfeit, then was briefly made by Reebok after Hawks brass noticed the proliferation of green during the 2010 playoffs and parade.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, can we stop saying the Stars and Blackhawks green jerseys use the same template? They don't.

460219579_slide.jpg2010080712463828388.jpg

Also, OHS NOES!!!1! I KANT TELL THEMZ APERT!!!!1!!1!

20140110_PJC_AE5_024_35161431.jpg

461711115_slide.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Show me one photograph of any new York ranger or Chicago blackhawk ever wearing a green jersey in a game. Ever.

We villainize counterfeiters in the community, yet we take one of their most obvious and ridiculous creations and tout them as canon?

The stars homes are similar in template to the rangers. The roads are similar in template to the canadiens.

The flames cup jerseys were similar to the blackhawks roads. The inaugural Dallas jerseys were similar to what the maple leafs once wore. The sabres inaugural jerseys were literally the maple leafs look with yellow added. PURPOSELY.

If you watch a stars game and confuse the stars for any other NHL team, I bet your brain melts watching baseball, basketball, and football with all the similar templates used in those leagues.

Also, can we stop saying the Stars and Blackhawks green jerseys use the same template? They don't.

460219579_slide.jpg2010080712463828388.jpg

Yeah, those are *totally* different.

:)

And it's a jersey the team never wore. Not even for practices. It's a fashion jersey that started as a counterfeit, then was briefly made by Reebok after Hawks brass noticed the proliferation of green during the 2010 playoffs and parade.

Really? That parade was so red. I'm sure green would have stood out, but the red was so dominant. I honestly don't remember any other color. I was positioned at the end, though.

That's the thing about jersey designs. If you go for a classic looking route people will say you're ripping off another team. If you try to go outside the box people will complain about how awful it looks because they want generic striping on everything. Its a very fine line you need to straddle.

With that in mind, I look at Dallas and think 'They look like Dallas'. Yes, if you look very closely the striping is similar to the rangers, but the Oilers and Bruins have very similar striping, and nobody complains about that. So do the Coyotes and Sabres, etc.

However, when I look at a team like Tampa, they really do look like the Detroit Maple Lightning. And Carolina looks like the Toronto Red Canes. There is no particular reasoning behind that that separates them from what Dallas has done, yet I still associate them that way all the same. I think its because those designs with those colours are firmly entrenched as Detroit/Toronto's territory, with the pallets switched, and because Tampa and Carolina had designs I associated with them that they threw away in favour of their new looks.

I don't understand why everyone makes the connection between the Star's sweaters and Chicago's, especially when it is the exact same striping pattern as the Rangers. Great colors, I like the new logo, away jersey is great, but the Ranger stripes on the home set bothers me.

Does the Stars home uniform look like the Blackhawks? Yeah, okay, it has a vague resemblance. More so than the Rangers. But the use of colour is so far apart from either of those teams that there's no way anyone would seriously get them mixed up unless they were colourblind. Not to mention the hemstripe isn't even the same as the Blackhawks. But this same template has also been used by the Bruins, Flames, Blues, and oh wait the Stars have used it once before already. Why is it only now a problem?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Love the condescending tones. Heaven forbid we take notice that there might actually be some jarring similarities between the new look Stars and pre existing uniforms.

you know what? I will be condescending. Because your opinion is stupid. The similarities are not jarring. As recently as the early 90s by your piss-poor definition of the word, every f--king team in the NHL was "jarringly similar".

Horizontal stripes and a colored yoke. There's a reason that was the only official template in EA Sports NHL 94. It's not old-timey.

The people who are saying the Maple Leafs and Lightning are jarringly similar can make an argument. But those hacks are arguing instead that the Maple Leafs have some claim to royal blue. A color that has been used as a dominant color by half of professional sports in its entirety.

Maybe you should check out HFBoards. I think you'll find the level of intellectual discourse there more to your liking.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Yeah, why don't we bring the conversation back from the ledge now, alright? Argue your points, not against the other person.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived