2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

-edit- she also bought me one of these cakes:

1974990_10152404807373474_966196697_n.jp

Um, jersey foul! Birthday ruined! I can't believe they used the wrong logo on the jersey.

That is the same template for a Blackhawks cake. How lazy is that?

Two minutes for illegal use of fondant!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh good, we're having the "Lightning look like the Leafs/Wings" and "Stars look like the Hawks/Rangers" debates again. It had been far too long. :suspect:

It could have easily been avoided if the Lightning and Stars didn't choose to hop on the retro-for-retro's-sake bandwagon and blatantly rip off other teams.
The Stars didn't rip off anyone. Who else was wearing kelly green as their primary colour when they redesigned?

Further, the team was founded in 1967. They can get away with the retro look. They aren't the G-ddamn Florida Panthers.

exactly... founded in 1967... as a team that wears kelly green...

why this is so hard for some people is beyond me.

NorthStars00.png

Stars14.png

yeah... stars are totally playing dress-up...

I'm confused as to how the fact that they've been green since 1967 justifies the current set (or makes it look less like the Hawks/Rangers)? The two aren't anything at all alike, in fact it's not even the same shade of green any more.

They can still be 'retro for retro's sake" if they look like someone else's retro that preceded them.

(Been lurking here for awhile and decided to post on this subject)

It's pretty close in my opinion...

0gdDQGT.jpg

iHJKxXr.jpg

o6ERzgo.jpg

As a Stars fan, I will admit I absolutely HATED the move away from gold after the unveil, and if they kept the gold we wouldn't see as many Blackhawks comparisons that I've read around the internet. Yet after seeing the uniforms in action all season, I love the way we look now. That being said, there are still some minor improvements that could be made such as adding outlines to the letters and numbers on the uniforms, etc. I still can't stand how small and bland the "C" and "A" letters look on the captain/alternate captains' jerseys.

The new logo has grown on me but I don't love it, it could use some improvements as well. The roundel logo is just uninspired and bland and I wish they used the new Texas state logo on the shoulders instead of that.

Oh good, we're having the "Lightning look like the Leafs/Wings" and "Stars look like the Hawks/Rangers" debates again. It had been far too long. :suspect:

It could have easily been avoided if the Lightning and Stars didn't choose to hop on the retro-for-retro's-sake bandwagon and blatantly rip off other teams.
The Stars didn't rip off anyone. Who else was wearing kelly green as their primary colour when they redesigned?

Further, the team was founded in 1967. They can get away with the retro look. They aren't the G-ddamn Florida Panthers.

NorthStars00.png

Stars14.png

I'm confused as to how the fact that they've been green since 1967 justifies the current set (or makes it look less like the Hawks/Rangers)? The two aren't anything at all alike, in fact it's not even the same shade of green any more.

They can still be 'retro for retro's sake" if they look like someone else's retro that preceded them.

0gdDQGT.jpg

iHJKxXr.jpg

o6ERzgo.jpg

As a Stars fan, I will admit I absolutely HATED the move away from gold after the unveil, and if they kept the gold we wouldn't see as many Blackhawks comparisons that I've read around the internet. Yet after seeing the uniforms in action all season, I love the way we look now. That being said, there are still some minor improvements that could be made such as adding outlines to the letters and numbers on the uniforms, etc. I still can't stand how small and bland the "C" and "A" letters look on the captain/alternate captains' jerseys.

The new logo has grown on me but I don't love it, it could use some improvements as well. The roundel logo is just uninspired and bland and I wish they used the new Texas state logo on the shoulders instead of that.

so you're proving that the '67 jersey is like the '13 jersey by showing pics of the jersey that debuted in 1988?

He's showing that the green the North Stars used is, in person, very close to the green the Stars currently use.

It's more unfortunate coincidence than alleged theft in my mind. And it's likely only people in Chicago that have been overexposed to its doppelganger.

I saw them all over the place in London, Ontario and I've seen my fair share of them since moving back to Kitchener-Waterloo. While the Stars' new look is similar to it, I don't hold that against the Stars. The St. Patty's Day Blackhawks sweater began life as a counterfeit design and was never worn by the team during a NHL game.

The north stars only used one shade of green in their entire history, if I'm not mistaken. Paging Colorwerx....

But yeah, I wear my north stars hat with "victory green" shirts regularly. May not be exact, but it looks great together and is a closer match than my old faded black "franchise" hats are to my black stars jerseys.

The north stars only used one shade of green in their entire history, if I'm not mistaken. Paging Colorwerx....

No, the green worn from 91-93 was darker than the green worn previously.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

He's showing that the green the North Stars used is, in person, very close to the green the Stars currently use.

It's more unfortunate coincidence than alleged theft in my mind. And it's likely only people in Chicago that have been overexposed to its doppelganger.

I saw them all over the place in London, Ontario and I've seen my fair share of them since moving back to Kitchener-Waterloo. While the Stars' new look is similar to it, I don't hold that against the Stars. The St. Patty's Day Blackhawks sweater began life as a counterfeit design and was never worn by the team during a NHL game.

Me neither. It's a good look ... for a green team. :)

i've got authentic dallas jerseys in both the current style and the all-star design, and it's amazing the difference in greens when side by side. i used to really like the dark green, but it just looks so dirty and unappealing when side by side with the new shade.

i'd glad the stars have shifted back to a kelly green of sorts. i hope they never darken it again.

Any idea if the white authentics are being sold?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Any idea if the white authentics are being sold?

i was told, but never saw with my own eyes, that the white authentics were easier to get than the green ones up in frisco for a while. i just had my heart set on a green one, so i didn't act on it.

then again, apparently frisco is the ONLY place to find authentics at all right now. not even available online as of the most recent time i checked.

if you're looking for one, i'd call the Frisco Dr. Pepper StarCenter and see what they have to say about it.

There is only so many differenet ways traditional striping can be utilized on hockey jerseys. Its inevitable that some teams are gonna end up looking very similar save team colors.

Of course, when a team tries new idea such as side panels and piping, they get lambasted. Nobody is ever gonna be happy.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with the new Stars uniforms, with the exception of the lack of outlines on the numbers. After reading through the topic, it appears that issue has been touched on quite a bit.

MinnesotaNorthStars_FRC_Green01a_1991_SCMinnesotaNorthStars_FRC_Green01a_1993_SCDallasStars_FRC_Green01a_1994_SCC_SRGB.pDallasStars_FRC_Green01a_2013_SCC_SRGB.pDallasStars_FRC_Green01a_9999_SCC_SRGB.p

1991-1992 through 1993-1994 was the same shade.

The new Dallas green reads so much brighter/lighter on television to me than the actual pantone. Not sure why. It just looks brighter, no matter which TV I watch.

Me too. If I had to arrange them, I would have guessed that the '68 to '91 green was the current.

NorthStars00.png

Stars14.png

0gdDQGT.jpg

iHJKxXr.jpg

o6ERzgo.jpg

I guess I should be flattered someone used my xmas photo...

Let me guess Reddit/r/hockey?

my wife bought me an authentic for my birthday this week. in person, it just blows me away how great it looks. none of that indo-edge crap either. made in canada.

10003128_10152238394931480_1619504486_n.

So jealous it's not even funny... Greener then that beautiful jersey ;). Anyone have any idea why finding authentic RBK 2.0 jerseys is so difficult? You'd think with the ridiculous amount they're charging they'd want to, you know, sell them.

my wife bought me an authentic for my birthday this week. in person, it just blows me away how great it looks. none of that indo-edge crap either. made in canada.

10003128_10152238394931480_1619504486_n.

So jealous it's not even funny... Greener then that beautiful jersey ;). Anyone have any idea why finding authentic RBK 2.0 jerseys is so difficult? You'd think with the ridiculous amount they're charging they'd want to, you know, sell them.

The Leafs sell them in the team shop in their arena and at the RealSports store just outside. I figured all teams did that.

I'd love to buy an authentic, but then all my replicas would pale in comparison. So in the best interests of my jersey collection (and my wallet), I'll hold off.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I watched the Marlies/Heat AHL game earlier today and the Marlies wore their white throwbacks that are the 70s/80s Leafs jerseys with their logo on it instead and I must say, I think the Leafs need to switch back to those. They are awesome.

Archived