2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fisherman would be the perfect alternate for the Islanders once they move to Brooklyn. It's so maligned (justifiably so) that it'll be a hit with the hipster crowd.

I suppose they could go with the mantra that they embraced the Fisherman before it was cool/main stream to do so. I've embraced it since it's debut sad that no one else did. But I also can see why they didn't. It's hard letting go of the look that is connected to the only period of success in their franchise.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The fisherman would be the perfect alternate for the Islanders once they move to Brooklyn. It's so maligned (justifiably so) that it'll be a hit with the hipster crowd.

I suppose they could go with the mantra that they embraced the Fisherman before it was cool/main stream to do so. I've embraced it since it's debut sad that no one else did. But I also can see why they didn't. It's hard letting go of the look that is connected to the only period of success in their franchise.

The fisherman, I think, would have worked as an alternate. Well a more subdued wavy strip pattern and standard numbers also would have helped, but it was the fact that it became the primary look that doomed it. As a novelty third jersey? It would have been fine.

I'd love the Sens' heritage fauxbacks alternates, but they'd look better with regular white in place of vintage white.

1297545545069_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Was a beautiful match up. I'd love to see the Sens use that as a full time set and finally ditch the cookie cutter garbage. If they must keep it, I'd even be OK keeping the cookie cutter an as alternate.

sig.png

Sharks twitter confirms they will be wearing the black jerseys for the playoffs again. I thought the whole point of the redesign was to make their teal jerseys the same lightweight that the black jersey was...

Joe+Thornton+Vancouver+Canucks+v+San+Jos

The combination of blue and green dye makes the teal fabric weigh 0.012836% more than the black jersey. #competitiveadvantage #StanleyCupHereWeCome

I'd love the Sens' heritage fauxbacks alternates, but they'd look better with regular white in place of vintage white.

1297545545069_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Was a beautiful match up. I'd love to see the Sens use that as a full time set and finally ditch the cookie cutter garbage. If they must keep it, I'd even be OK keeping the cookie cutter an as alternate.

This would be a big improvement from their current look. I know there are people that despise the cream color but I think it would be really cool to see one team in the NHL wear a non-white road jersey for a change. If they made the cream white instead, that would probably be more popular and it would be just as good. Don't get me wrong, =O= this as a logo is extremely boring compared to the Roman theme and logos but as the main look for a few years, it isn't that bad. As much as I really like the Heritage jerseys, the Senators' original uniforms in my opinion are the best jerseys they have worn.

Sharks twitter confirms they will be wearing the black jerseys for the playoffs again. I thought the whole point of the redesign was to make their teal jerseys the same lightweight that the black jersey was...

Joe+Thornton+Vancouver+Canucks+v+San+Jos

The combination of blue and green dye makes the teal fabric weigh 0.012836% more than the black jersey. #competitiveadvantage #StanleyCupHereWeCome

Ahahahaaha, that comment about the weight made my day! Here's my thought about the Sharks going with black in the playoffs. The Sharks since day one have been known for being that one team that wears teal. They wanted their main jerseys to be "more lightweight" and that's what they just did. I'm really scratching my head because they should be in teal and if I remember correctly, they made their new jerseys lighter so that they would actually wear teal in the playoffs again. I also still don't get why they continue to have those awful front numbers. Anyway, if the Sharks really love their black jersey that much, I don't get why they didn't just make a white version of it. I know I will probably get flack for this but I think that they should have just made a white version of the black jersey. That way, they wouldn't look like a bunch of identities put together to cater to everyone and I honestly think that would look a lot better than their new road jersey. The full-shark is a lot better in my mind that the 'Sharkachu' logo on their main jerseys.

In all honesty, I'd be perfectly fine with the Sens going full one heritage as their main look. Seeing the de-evolution of the Roman look over 20 years, I'd kind of prefer that over taking a chance to see what the team could come up with in terms of a new centurion head.

One of the things I'd be unhappy about though, is how Eastern Canada would have the simplest logo collection in pretty much any region in pro sports with the Leafs, Sens, and Habs

Archived