2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Yotes will be wearing their first generation unis as throwbacks for at least a game in 2015-16.

I loved those things. Cant wait to see them on the ice again.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/04/14/coyotes-to-wear-throwbacks-dropping-thirds-in-2015/

Already been discuted earlier ! Yet, i've never been a fan of that look but for a throwback game, it's gonna be nice to see.

Also, anyone heard recent news about St-Louis rumored new uniforms ?

Went to Toronto for the Raptors game, and stumbled upon this at Real Sports (the MLSE teams store)

wfItfrg.jpg

They were also selling personalized jerseys of current players (Van Riemsdyk, Phaneuf, etc)

Funny, I was going to mention that. Looks like they're a bit eager for the centennial. They're CCM cuts, so get 'em before they start selling Edge replicas.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

On twitter, I asked Director of Publications and New Media for the Anaheim Ducks Adam Brady what jerseys the team would be wearing at home, and he confirmed that the Ducks will be wearing their thirds. (Goes along with the "#PaintItOrange" theme for the playoffs, as those are the jerseys with the most orange on them, and they weren't going to wear their Stadium jerseys.)

Should be a nice looking series with the added orange going up against the Dallas green.

---

Also, I might just have to snag one of those St. Pat's sweaters.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

With the upcoming name change (and being the fairly anal collector that I am) I purchased a white game worn Coyotes jersey. Now the current look has some flaws like no hem stripes and the shoulder patch being present only on the left side but the logos do have a neat feature I've never seen before in a hockey sweater that raised them up a notch or two to me; suede material for the sand color in the crest and shoulder patch. It's much nicer than the felt that is being used all too commonly these days. Honestly one of the nicer crests from a workmanship standpoint I've seen, the suede gives the crest a heavier feel and balances nicely with the shiny brick color.

What's this got to do with jersey changes? Nothing, other than I hope they don't change it I suppose. Just a neat detail I haven't seen noted on here yet. RBK sure did get some things conceptually wrong with their NHL work but quality wise (at least on the real deal authentics) they have delivered a bunch of these interesting little features.

Certainly not an official change, but something found that represents my desire to see Jarome Iginla lift hockey's holy grail this coming June.

dDvD9GO_zpsa20e65e5.png

I'm surprised that you haven't edited your sig yet.

I had wondered if Reebok had kept the suede material (I think it's called "microsuede" or something) when they made the Edge overhaul. I have an old 6100 airknit and it has the suede details on the crest and shoulder patch, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Call me crazy, but I think it works for the Lightning. Like it better than the Bolts third, and at least it doesn't look like a Leafs / Red Wings hybrid.

I'm not in love with it, but it's definitely better that what they decided to use in 2007.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Certainly not an official change, but something found that represents my desire to see Jarome Iginla lift hockey's holy grail this coming June.

dDvD9GO_zpsa20e65e5.png

I'm surprised that you haven't edited your sig yet.

As I see myself cheering more for Iginla than the Bruins, and can simply wear my Red Sox cap when the games are on, I don't see the need to change my sig! :)

Not a change but I didn't know where else to put it, but with Teemu's last regular season game just happening and his last playoffs starting now, Teemu has worn every single jersey that the Ducks have worn.

From the Wild Wing to the years they had home and away alternates to the Stadium Series, he has worn them all.

IEI5Tg1.png

Not a change but I didn't know where else to put it, but with Teemu's last regular season game just happening and his last playoffs starting now, Teemu has worn every single jersey that the Ducks have worn.

From the Wild Wing to the years they had home and away alternates to the Stadium Series, he has worn them all.

Even wore the pre-shoulder patch Mighty Duck uniforms during his first half-season in Anaheim

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

you're right. first i thought "nah, not the version of the home and road without the roundel on the shoulder." but i was wrong. then i thought "wasnt he a shark/av/whoever when the ducks wore the black/purple/silver sweaters?" apparently he came back in the #13 for the tail end of that era.

so you're totally right. that's pretty cool.

too bad he's only going to play about 4-7 more games in a ducks sweater before retirement :P

Archived