2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On twitter, I asked Director of Publications and New Media for the Anaheim Ducks Adam Brady what jerseys the team would be wearing at home, and he confirmed that the Ducks will be wearing their thirds. (Goes along with the "#PaintItOrange" theme for the playoffs, as those are the jerseys with the most orange on them, and they weren't going to wear their Stadium jerseys.)

I hope the Ducks make their 3rd jersey the home jersey instead of just sticking the 'D' logo on their current primaries.

^Nice. I like the Ducks alternates better than the homes.

So for this years playoffs, Ducks and Sharks will wear alternates. Any word on if Minnesota will wear alternates? They did last year.

I'm pretty sure the Wild will wear green again.

I'm glad you posted it here. I love seeing prototypes. As much as that jersey isn't anything special, I think it would make a decent third jersey.

Call me crazy, but I think it works for the Lightning. Like it better than the Bolts third, and at least it doesn't look like a Leafs / Red Wings hybrid.

That's true. That jersey would give them their own look. It isn't anything special but I think that would be a decent third jersey, even if it was only worn for just a couple seasons.

I'm not in love with it, but it's definitely better that what they decided to use in 2007.

I agree with you on that.

So what's the deal with my beloved Sens? Will they once again be rolling with 4 uniforms next year?

Seems excessive.

I see an Oilers/Islanders-esque switch with the Heritage look becoming the primary set in a couple of years.

But my hunch is that we'll see the white heritages once or twice next season, with it being the regular sweater schedule otherwise.

Save for the Bettman apron look, I think I'd take that over the Sens/Pens template. That's not that much of a compliment, though.

Looks a bit incomplete without the 'Tampa Bay' portion of the logo.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Hmm, I'd only ever seen printed page mock ups of that Lightning jersey before, never knew one actually got made. The crest that's on it did sneak it's way on to a few pieces of merchandise during that era.

It's interesting to see how long some ideas are held on to. :)

Hmm, I'd only ever seen printed page mock ups of that Lightning jersey before, never knew one actually got made. The crest that's on it did sneak it's way on to a few pieces of merchandise during that era.

It's interesting to see how long some ideas are held on to. :)

Didn't the EDGE prototype for the Habs have the chest stripe only on the front? I might've seen one of those on eBay a long time ago.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Save for the Bettman apron look, I think I'd take that over the Sens/Pens template. That's not that much of a compliment, though.

I'll say that this is probably the only time the apron actually works and actually needed to separate the black from the blue. Not bad and better than what they actually ended up with.

I see where you're coming from but I think it looks better without it.

Looking at the final product in hindsight, it's as if they stuck the text back on at the last minute because "Oh no, people won't know we're from Tampa (Bay)". The current road jersey has the same problem, made worse by its prominence right above the logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A fan behind Boudreau is wearing the jersey from the first Mighty Ducks movie. Not exactly news but interesting. Maybe someone can get a screen cap.

Not that uncommon of a thing.

But the first sighting of that jersey in an NHL context is much more interesting:

BoEkwS5.jpg

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Apparently this was once a thing in 1994-95...

selanne7_zps177c6715.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived