2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Much in the same way the Giants and Orioles are in MLB.

But they're both Black/Orange teams. Neither of them wear more orange than black.

It always seemed to me that the Orioles wore more orange. Maybe not a ton more, but more than the Giants. At least in the past. I know the Giants added their own orange alt recenty.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been going to Panthers games all season, but I just noticed this. 7th man? Talk about lack of originality.

IMG_20140116_213757021_HDR_zpseqeg0q22.j

The wordmark is only part of the problem. The Ducks colour scheme when done right can be used effectively, as the third jersey shows. Thing is, the use of gold and orange on the regular jerseys is so minimal that they may as well not even be there. Especially the orange piping which bleeds into the black, making them look like a black and white team on TV. The weirdest thing is, they treat it like it's their favourite colour obviously tying into the whole Orange County thing, and yet it's the least noticeable element on their regular duds.

I'll admit, I'm still strongly attached to the Mighty Ducks identity. The logo change is one thing, but going from a bright and unique colour scheme to a bland and boring black and white jersey was probably the worst thing about the rebrand. It's the excessive playing it safe, unfinished minimalist treatment that makes the Ducks look like they're just another team for everyone else to play against - and again, the wordmark is also part of the problem. The sooner they get rid of these things, the better.

I've been going to Panthers games all season, but I just noticed this. 7th man? Talk about lack of originality.

So you have the 6 players on the ice and the one guy in the stands. That's the 7th man I guess?

It's the balding guy on the bottom left who is wearing the Panthers jersey. That's him. He's the 7th Man.

Maybe the Panthers will get new uniforms that are blue with a red igloo and stick on them...

It would be nice to see the Nordiques return but at the same time, I feel bad for the fans that they do have in Florida. I think that if they stay in Florida for the long-term, they should consider a new colour scheme, at least for a third jersey.

Morgo, I see you added the Turd Burger to your jersey hitlist. It should be on there, that's for sure. :woot:

My "source" (we will see how good it is) said the Pens are getting a new third and a good chance it'll be black/goldenrod. Take it for what it's worth. So far he's been right about things like the Stars changing this season, but has never provided me pics before the leaks/reveals. I'm trying to get tighter in with him to see if I can get leaks or if I can verify the info.

My "source" (we will see how good it is) said the Pens are getting a new third and a good chance it'll be black/goldenrod. Take it for what it's worth. So far he's been right about things like the Stars changing this season, but has never provided me pics before the leaks/reveals. I'm trying to get tighter in with him to see if I can get leaks or if I can verify the info.

We already talked about that here ;) They said it might be a 90's cup era based uniforms. And for the Panthers, they should go back to their original design

Just got the Fall 2014 RBK and CCM apparel catalog. No changes, but every single St Louis Blues item says TBD. Shirts, hats, scarves, every single item is a blank box. All 29 other teams have all of their items pictured.

Just got the Fall 2014 RBK and CCM apparel catalog. No changes, but every single St Louis Blues item says TBD. Shirts, hats, scarves, every single item is a blank box. All 29 other teams have all of their items pictured.

ronpaulhappening.gif

Long time coming for a change in the uniforms, but I hope it happens. What the Blues have right now is a mess.

Archived