2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Apparently this was once a thing in 1994-95...

selanne7_zps177c6715.jpg

I like the red bucket. Matches the pants very well.
Inverse Canadiens. I dig it.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be my first Lightning game watching them in the "new" uniforms. Still haven't gotten used to them, but seeing them in the playoffs kinda soothes the pain.

I take off my glasses and mute the TV when watching the series so I can pretend the Leafs actually made the playoffs...

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I thought I'd mention that the Wild are wearing their green jersey for their Playoff home games again this year. I must say, I thought that green jersey was quite nice earlier this season but now, I'm starting to dislike it.

I thought I'd mention that the Wild are wearing their green jersey for their Playoff home games again this year. I must say, I thought that green jersey was quite nice earlier this season but now, I'm starting to dislike it.

I think if they drop the script and slap the bear head on it, it would look so much better.

I really don't like the wild's green third. Its not that I like the current homes a whole of a lot better but those thirds are such a waste and a missed opportunity to have something very nice. They've failed on both. Only the away jersey is nice.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

^I'm not, I just don't like it.

Btw, how good is the Boston whites v Detroit reds matchup? Beautiful.

Personally, I think the opposite jerseys are superior for both teams. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great looking matchup. I just think it looks slightly better in Boston than in Detroit.

I really don't like the wild's green third. Its not that I like the current homes a whole of a lot better but those thirds are such a waste and a missed opportunity to have something very nice. They've failed on both. Only the away jersey is nice.

A green version of the away with white stripes (as opposed to vintage white) would look fantastic. As flawed as the current third is, I'm still glad they're using it over the reds. At least now their set is somewhat uniform.

Any word on what the Islanders are doing next year?

Are they staying with Islander name or going to something like the Brooklyn Boroughs. With a Black and White look?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Any word on what the Islanders are doing next year?

Are they staying with Islander name or going to something like the Brooklyn Boroughs. With a Black and White look?

The only change as of now is getting rid of the current black third, and possibly using the Stadium Series as a new third.

Next year will be their last year at the barn, so I'm not sure what plans they have for the future. Maybe they won't use the Stadium Series jerseys next year so their second year in Brooklyn they can use something new? I'm not sure, I just hope they don't do some stupid plain black and white jersey because that's apparently "Brooklyn's" colors.

Also someone said the Lightning being in the playoffs helped with the look. Not for me. Still hate them as much as the day they came out.

2ly2w09.jpg

The Isles made the mistake of making a drastic change before. Fisherman anyone?

If they make a logo change or even a major color change, I think there would be backlash of that magnitude.

I think a slight modernization of their current logo, with no change to their colors or jerseys. Use the SS jersey as a third or make a black if you must. But they have a very solid set and the colors scream New York.

sig.png

Archived