2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Sorry guys I'm falling behind on my NHL uniform/logo changes news. What teams, if any, are confirmed for getting new uniforms or a new logo next season?

To summarise:

New home and roads listed for the Ducks - whether this is simply promoting the third, swapping the logos out on the current regular duds, or something new altogether, we don't know yet.

New thirds for the Flyers, Penguins, Lightning and Islanders

New home and roads listed for Blues, possible new logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"updating" the Blues logo to what is being reported is equivalent to what the Wild did with the roundel logo on their home jerseys. It just takes away from the impact of the primary mark; it's unnecessary. Also a bit like what the Canucks did with the text above the Orca. It just reduces (literally in size) the impact of what is the most identifying mark for the team.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Agreed with tlph 100%

Yeah there's a few outlines going in in it, but I really don't think there's too much wrong with it as it is. I've also noticed in recent times what whenever the logo is coloured navy blue, it looks nicer than the royal blue that it usually is. Something about the darker colour just looks crisper when outlined with the yellow/gold. It pops a lot more than the normal blue...plus it looks 'meaner', for lack of a better word.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Yeah there's a few outlines going in in it, but I really don't think there's too much wrong with it as it is. I've also noticed in recent times what whenever the logo is coloured navy blue, it looks nicer than the royal blue that it usually is. Something about the darker colour just looks crisper when outlined with the yellow/gold. It pops a lot more than the normal blue...plus it looks 'meaner', for lack of a better word.

The owner might be feeling the same way. They might do like Dallas and ditch the traditional color scheme for asthetics.

I still like the Blues with a touch of red.

bret-hull.jpg

I like those as well, but they can't go much farther than that with red. EDIT: Or else you get what Torin posted.

The mockups of these with navy in place of red look very nice. Both versions keep the traditional colors prominent.

The note needs to stay front and center.

Current Blues logo has one outline too many but it hardly takes away from the overall design. I really hope they don't put it in a roundel or go with an earlier version. 1 outline away from perfection, hope they don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...

I still like the Blues with a touch of red.

bret-hull.jpg

I said it before and i say it again, this was the best look the Blues had in their history, and since everyone is jumpng in the Vintage wagon, i wouldn't mind with them going with a Edgified version of those

Not sure how unpopular of an opinion it is around here, but I think the Blues should get a modernized version of this

80s-stl-lw-brian-sutter.jpg

Something based on this would be quite nice or that late 80s look with a little bit of red trim. I actually like the idea of switching the red on that look for navy blue. That would be a very clean, simple look. I think the key to the Blues' new uniforms being a success is to have less Navy, more yellow. I hope that the Blues aren't going to have a roundel crest on their new uniforms like I'm starting to think that they might. I also think it would be nice to see the Blues keep navy as an accent color as long as there isn't as much of it as their current and previous sets. I wouldn't mind seeing something a little bit different and I do think that's what we will get as long as it is something that will look amazing. Anyway, their home and away jerseys have got to go. As for their third jersey, it can stay. It isn't a bad jersey, even with a roundel. I hope the Blues are about to start wearing nice uniforms again because nobody wants anymore Turd Burgers St. Louis!

Not sure how this hasn't been posted yet, but this is the best the Blues have ever looked. I'd be fine if they went back to this and never changed again. I think royal blue and yellow are both too bright to work by themselves and I never liked the addition of red. Royal blue, navy and yellow is perfect for the Blues.

tumblr_m4pezcwQpF1rw13vho2_500.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The odd thing about the current Blues jerseys is that I've warmed up to what they have now, probably because in my mind I somehow justify their piping as looking like the Gateway Arch (which is a stupid way of justifying that). So I actually don't mind what they have now.

But yeah, their pre-edge set was their best. All that needs are the shoulder stripes to go completely around the yolk and they'd be set. Keep their current alt on board and they'll have a top 10 set easily.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

If the Blues went to a happy medium between the Pronger era uniforms and the current uniforms, all would be well. Essentially that entails removing the piping down the sides and the stripes on the shorts. Consider making the remaining yellow a little thicker. Shrink the shoulder yolks a bit (but they don't necessarily have to go back to the shape and size of the Pronger era). Add waist stripes or not—I don't really care.

Of teams that got a new design when the EDGE came out, I thought the Blues were near the best. It was close to being a great play on what they'd worn for the previous decade-ish. Unfortunately, they couldn't avoid being roped into some of the stupid stuff (like the piping and the RBK logo cutout). Rather than doing anything majorly different, just tweak this a little more to get it right.

I have little use for the Blues alternate uniform. It's non-offensive, but it's also not overly exciting or particularly "St. Louis Blues" feeling. It's jut a nice hockey jersey that uses the other 2 colors in their scheme (navy and white) a little more prominently.

I apologize since I haven't kept up with this thread, but where do we stand on Blues rumors? Is it still thought they'll be making a change?

The problem with the current alt is the white numbers. That's why it doesn't feel like it belongs.

tumblr_m4pezcwQpF1rw13vho2_500.jpg

I think I'd make one change: switch the navy and royal on the sleeves and hem. Otherwise, LOVE.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If the Blues went to a happy medium between the Pronger era uniforms and the current uniforms, all would be well.

I don't see any need for changing the Pronger set aside from the changes suggested by Mockba. "Modern classic" gets thrown around a lot here, but I honestly think the Blues' pre-Edge set fits the description. The current set is, well, terrible. The piping is the worst part of it, yes, but even discarding that it still looks like a needlessly futzed with version of a near perfect uniform that came before it.

Of teams that got a new design when the EDGE came out, I thought the Blues were near the best. It was close to being a great play on what they'd worn for the previous decade-ish. Unfortunately, they couldn't avoid being roped into some of the stupid stuff (like the piping and the RBK logo cutout). Rather than doing anything majorly different, just tweak this a little more to get it right.

The things "tweaked" didn't really improve on anything though. The piping, the weird striping...it just wasn't necessary. The Pronger-era set could stand to be tweaked slightly, but not in the way that they ended up doing for the Edge roll-out. One of the best of the new designs when the Edge uniforms came out? Not even close. I'd liken them Calgary's. A mess of a uniform that tarnished the look of what was an awesome modern design.

I'm okay with going straight back to what they had before, too, with two exceptions: the collar and the socks. The navy/white/navy on the collar doesn't really fit anything in the design. Thick navy with a thin yellow does. And the socks, while cool and retro in appearance, also didn't really match anything. The current socks are simpler and one could argue "lazier" but I think they just make more sense. The COULD go back to the stripes starting and finishing in the middle of the sock rather than just going from the middle down, but I would just do it within the existing pattern.

I also like the rounded (but not old school rounded) yolks and inverse rounded sleeve stripes. That said, there's a case to be made that the pointed/triangular versions are both more unique and more inline with the sharp points on the Blue Note, so I could go either way there.

So I guess I agree that the old set was better, I just think there was a couple of good things that came from the EDGE (unfortunately at the expense of other good things).

FWIW, my opinion of them being one of the best new EDGE jersey comes with low standards. I'm not talking about teams like the Wings or Hawks who pretty much kept things in tact. I'd have to think about whether I'd include the Bruins who essentially went retro. I'm talking about teams who played up the EDGE part of the uniforms (which already puts them on track for failure—not because the uniform cut is bad but because it's a poor basis for design). You got a lot of lazy template designs like the Avalance, Preds (new ones are an improvement), Penguins, etc. The Blues did more than just color in fabric sections. But in the end, it was still a downgrade. The actual best EDGE designs were the teams who didn't let the jersey cut influence their design. But I was speaking about those who did.

As for the current alternates, it's the white numbers that make it feel outside of the identity (the navy base too, but a base change is fair game on alternates), but there's a few other things that make it just an alright jersey. One is that the numbers don't match the striping no matter how you slice it (white touches yellow on the stripes, not on the numbers). And the other is that unnecessary roundel logo. Again, not offensive, but it just feels so unnecessary.

It's an alternate, so I don't get too worked up over it, except when I get a hint of the notion that it or something similar to it should become the primary. Then I pounce.

Archived