2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably a good sign that the Blues are wearing their regular jerseys in the playoffs, even on Saturdays, when the 3rds are worn.

If ownership was going to make that logo the main crest next year, you'd think they might go with it for the playoffs.

That said, I can't imagine they'll go away from the note.

It's probably a good sign that the Blues are wearing their regular jerseys in the playoffs, even on Saturdays, when the 3rds are worn.

If ownership was going to make that logo the main crest next year, you'd think they might go with it for the playoffs.

That said, I can't imagine they'll go away from the note.

I think you're right however, everyone thought a few years ago that the Nashville Predators were going to take their really nice navy blue third and make a matching road jersey and wear those full time but instead, they altered their logo and went with the piping-filled white and yellow jerseys instead, even though you have to tip your hat to them for making their identity unique. I highly doubt the roundel logo will be anywhere but the shoulders of the new jerseys, though until they are leaked, oh, ooops, I meant released, who knows, hopefully not.

I'm sorry, STL, but you're terribly wrong about the socks. Terribly wrong. The current socks blow.

Who's full of hyperbole now lol.

I just like that these socks actually match the uniforms. The old socks didn't. They were cool & old school looking, but they didn't match.

These socks aren't perfect either. The fact that the navy stripe just stops rather than extending all the way downward or being capped by the sam pattern at the top (this would be my preference). But at least they match.

The problem with the current alt is the white numbers. That's why it doesn't feel like it belongs.

tumblr_m4pezcwQpF1rw13vho2_500.jpg

I think I'd make one change: switch the navy and royal on the sleeves and hem. Otherwise, LOVE.

It's a pretty flawless look.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'd personally would Change the Shoulders so the yoke and the outlines actually line up, and take an outline away from the numbers.

Other than that, if they brought that back it would be one of the best looks on the league.

Blues need to do this:

These (Shoulders and Socks)........

Blues22.png

And the stripes along with the pants from these with navy instead of red:

Blues17.png

Not only would that be the best jersey they ever wore, it would be a nice nod to these as well:

Blues08.png

Keep the alt, maybe bring back the trumpet, but that is all this teams needs to have a perfect set.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Blues need to do this:

These (Shoulders and Socks)........

Blues22.png

And the stripes along with the pants from these with navy instead of red:

Blues17.png

Not only would that be the best jersey they ever wore, it would be a nice nod to these as well:

Blues08.png

Keep the alt, maybe bring back the trumpet, but that is all this teams needs to have a perfect set.

The last set is perfect, clean and simple I particularly love the road version.

I know alot of people hate the current Canucks look, but I love it.

Agree its in my top 3

Really? Ugh, I don't dig it. Love the colours, like the logo, hate the script, dislike the template. Dislike johnny canuck on the shoulders.

Definitely a long way off perfection. The 40th year anniversary jerseys were closer to perfection for me.

Annnnyyyywaaayyy......

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

i totally agree. the canucks colors are nice, and the uniform template is good... but they are faaar from perfection.

here is what is wrong with the canucks current look, in simple itemized form:

1) the font is horrible.

2) having a logo AND a wordmark is a bad idea. pick one.

3) the logo looked really good in the color scheme it was designed for. the nba-style recolor is severely lacking.

4) the alternate is pointless and slightly better than the almost identical home.

5) the only decent logo they have (full bodied johnny) isn't seen anywhere on their uniforms. (the v-head is horrible)

the closest the canucks ever came to having a decent logo was the original orca, and even that seems sullied by the corporate meaning.

you can keep blue and green, and you can keep the uniform template if you'd like... but something needs to be done to give them a cohesive, professional look. the 40th anniversary uniform was a huge improvement, but even then, they deserve a better logo than the stick-in-rink.

Yeah its not perfect but given the fact it came out in 2007 and avoided most of Reeboks terrible ideas for hockey aesthetics, I think it deserves some credit. The 2011 final was one of the best looking in memory. Crazy how both of those designs are from the dreaded class of 07.

thing is, they'd have been much better off if they had gone with some ridiculous reebok atrocities. at least then they'd have likely fixed them by now, instead of thinking their entirely subpar look was "okay enough" still.

Yeah its not perfect but given the fact it came out in 2007 and avoided most of Reeboks terrible ideas for hockey aesthetics, I think it deserves some credit. The 2011 final was one of the best looking in memory. Crazy how both of those designs are from the dreaded class of 07.

The interesting thing about the 2011 final was that it was one of the few matchups were not a speck of red or any semblance of it was anywhere to found on the logos or uniforms.

It was actually the first Final since the 1991 Final between the North Stars and the Penguins to not feature any red in the identities of the two finalists. Wow.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It was actually the first Final since the 1991 Final between the North Stars and the Penguins to not feature any red in the identities of the two finalists. Wow.

I'll be damned, You're right.

Another odd red stat for the SCF. The longest drought of red in the SCF ever was the 6 year period between 79/80 and 84/85, Incidentally, the NY Islanders were in the Finals for five of those years.

Archived