2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about blue, i feel like it's been even longer for blue

Neither of the last two Finals have had a blue team.

In fact the 2011 Canucks are the only "blue" team in the SCF in the last seven years.

Actually, the really hard thing to do is find the last SCF without a team with BLACK in their identity. You'd have to go back to Flames/Habs in 1989 to do that. Yup, that's right. TWENTY FIVE years. Keep rooting for that Wild v. Habs/Rangers final this year though.

Yep, red, black and blue are the constants. It's impossible to have a SCF that doesn't involve at least one of the three.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What, no Canucks jersey and logo change this year?

Preposterous!

No need to improve on perfection :D

I know alot of people hate the current Canucks look, but I love it.

I'd say its a new logo away from being perfect. The Orca ruins the excellent striping and (imho) best colour scheme in sports.

I've said it from the beginning and I'll stand by it now...there's really nothing wrong with the orca logo in and of itself. It's a well designed logo and represents the region well. I would be happy if it was out logo forever.

I have a strong feeling that will never happen, but if they just got rid of that damned agency font above it I think it'd be a big step in the right direction.

The absolute worst thing they could do is promote the Johnny Canuck V head to the front of the jersey. Honestly, if that happened I don't know what I'd do. Probably freak the hell out.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

the orca looks fantastic in these colors:

24124.jpg

not so much in these colors:

Kevin_Bieksa_Canucks_practice_2012b.jpg

just my opinion. maybe the orca is salvageable if they re-order the colors or re-arrange some stuff... but the simple blue/green/white of the sweaters doesn't mesh at all with the navy/royal/silver/white of the logo. it looks like a rec league screen printed logo on a blank nhl jersey.

-edit-

this just seems so much more logical than adding navy and subtracting green from the color scheme in the logos. the ice being metallic silver would also contrast a whole lot better than having the ice white with a thin metallic silver sliver.

canucksfix_zps09c3ec12.jpg

that said, i still think they need to go the lumberjack route. i don't like logos that aren't designed around the team name. the blue jackets logo is more designed around ohio than the union soliders of the civil war. the canucks orca has nothing at all to do with a canuck, but rather the pacific northwest as a whole... be a lumberjack. embody johnny canuck. even non canadians would flock to buy merchandise with that imagery, imo.

this is the best lumberjack canucks concept i've ever seen:

66011376_2ba815c457.jpg?v=0

but the full body canuck is equally as fantastic, and actually has a history behind it.

24124.jpg

just my opinion. maybe the orca is salvageable if they re-order the colors or re-arrange some stuff... but the simple blue/green/white of the sweaters doesn't mesh at all with the navy/royal/silver/white of the logo. it looks like a rec league screen printed logo on a blank nhl jersey.

-edit-

this just seems so much more logical than adding navy and subtracting green from the color scheme in the logos. the ice being metallic silver would also contrast a whole lot better than having the ice white with a thin metallic silver sliver.

canucksfix_zps09c3ec12.jpg

that said, i still think they need to go the lumberjack route. i don't like logos that aren't designed around the team name. the blue jackets logo is more designed around ohio than the union soliders of the civil war. the canucks orca has nothing at all to do with a canuck, but rather the pacific northwest as a whole... be a lumberjack. embody johnny canuck. even non canadians would flock to buy merchandise with that imagery, imo.

this is the best lumberjack canucks concept i've ever seen:

66011376_2ba815c457.jpg?v=0

but the full body canuck is equally as fantastic, and actually has a history behind it.

I love the navy, silver, and red. It takes me back to my days of playing NHL 2005 (one of the first video games I owned).

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Yeah its not perfect but given the fact it came out in 2007 and avoided most of Reeboks terrible ideas for hockey aesthetics, I think it deserves some credit. The 2011 final was one of the best looking in memory. Crazy how both of those designs are from the dreaded class of 07.

The interesting thing about the 2011 final was that it was one of the few matchups were not a speck of red or any semblance of it was anywhere to found on the logos or uniforms.

It was actually the first Final since the 1991 Final between the North Stars and the Penguins to not feature any red in the identities of the two finalists. Wow.

So the Blues should add the red back then...

Yep, red, black and blue are the constants. It's impossible to have a SCF that doesn't involve at least one of the three.

Hell, It's impossible to have an intersquad scrimmage that doesnt feature one of those three colors much less a SCF. lol

Not unless the Kings and Stars go back to their inaugural looks.

Hell, It's impossible to have an intersquad scrimmage that doesnt feature one of those three colors much less a SCF. lol

i bet this matchup was absolutely gorgeous in person.

tumblr_lax8lkCKhb1qews9no1_500.jpg

Took me a second to realize that was Messier in the top pic. "Players in the Wrong Uniforms"...

The Canucks' look would be greatly improved if they used the striping from the alts or the 40th anniversary thirds. The current pattern with the super-thin outer stripes bugs me...beef those puppies up. Also use a block font (like the aforementioned 40tu anniversary thirds) with a Kelly green outline. That would clean up two big flaws.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Judging by the stands, no one knew what they looked like in person.

sig.png

Took me a second to realize that was Messier in the top pic. "Players in the Wrong Uniforms"...

The Canucks' look would be greatly improved if they used the striping from the alts or the 40th anniversary thirds. The current pattern with the super-thin outer stripes bugs me...beef those puppies up. Also use a block font (like the aforementioned 40tu anniversary thirds) with a Kelly green outline. That would clean up two big flaws.

I agree, this would improve things a lot. Those thin white outlines annoy me as well. They're better on the 3rd jersey which is one of the main reasons why I like that one better than their homes.

Tigers, that recolour you have done is much worse than anything they've ever put out. No offence it just is. I don't think the recolour they have done for the latest incarnation of the Orca logo is all that bad. Sure it's not perfect, but I actually in a way like it more than the original as it takes itself a little bit more seriously. The navy, royal, maroon and silver colours were so 90's and kind of over the top when you look back at it.

The full body Johnny canuck logo is nice, but I have strong reservations about it being a primary logo. I just doesn't seem quite right - slightly too busy. I know, I know, Florida etc....but it would be better than the V head.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

24124.jpg

Of course its going to look worse if you show it on a practice jersey in bad light that doesn't show the silver highlights at all. I much prefer the orca in the updated colours. Both versions of it.

Judging by the stands, no one knew what they looked like in person.

Was it Jack Kent Cooke who said., there are 300,000 Canadians living in LA. And they all hate hockey.

I'm wondering, since they're the Sharks' "BlackArmor" jerseys, if there's a contractual agreement for the endorsement money from Seagate that they have to wear the black jerseys full-time in the playoffs for a certain number of years.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the Sharks are in serious need of a change. I know that uniforms don't really have anything to do with success, but just give the fans a modernization of that original set. Use some marketing tool like 'Back to Basics' or something.

They look soooo bland on the ice, especially in the black. Their original color scheme was unique and right up there amongst the best sets in the league.

sig.png

Archived