2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think navy is shoehorned. One, they've had it for 16 years now. Two, it looks really nice against the royal on the home uniforms. Allows for the logo to change colors and stand out a bit more.

I personally think the stripes in yellow is a bit too much. I don't hate it, but I prefer navy being the preeminent stripe color (on the blue jerseys).

The old Blues scheme has the same problem as the throwback Flames. The colours are too bright and need that third, darker colour to balance it out. Navy works just fine for St. Louis. That pre-edge set (and by extension the current set, while not particularly good) makes the best use of their colour scheme and really helps to set them apart from the Sabres.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Count me in as liking navy as an accent for the Blues. It's actually nicely conceptual, because by having a lighter blue and a darker blue, you have plural blues. Wocka wocka.

I prefer the old-timey striping, and I think it would fit them best of all because of how old-timey the game experience seems to be. Seriously, I heard more organ in the games there than I did all year in Chicago, and it's very much to their credit that they do it that way. I've already posted my ideal Blues sweater, which is the one posted above but with navy stripes replacing any thin blue stripes. I love the striped yokes.

The only thing I vacillate on is whether the Blue Note should be navy when on royal. It's not that it looks bad, because it matches up with the helmets and breezers quite well, it's just that I'm not a fan of modifying the primary logo between home and away, especially if we're not going to wear white at home. This means that the Blues (and Flames, there they are again) are not wearing their primary primary at home. Kind of a problem. Of course, so is a crest that kinda gets lost on its background, so I guess you have to choose your battles. Me, I'd just choose to wear white at home and then not worry so much about which version is worn on the darks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The old Blues scheme has the same problem as the throwback Flames. The colours are too bright and need that third, darker colour to balance it out. Navy works just fine for St. Louis. That pre-edge set (and by extension the current set, while not particularly good) makes the best use of their colour scheme and really helps to set them apart from the Sabres.

As long as the colors contrast enough I don't think you really do need a darker color for balance. I feel that both the Blue and Flames throwbacks have that, (although the Blues definitely more so than the Flames). It's not like you have an orange and yellow uniform where both colors are bright and there's little contrast.

The problem with the Blues isn't the incorporation of the darker shade of blue. It's that they're using too many colors. They already have yellow and white as accent colors; they need to pick a blue and stick with it. If you choose to go the navy route, commit to it.

And, if I may offer up another suggestion, ditch the minor-league uniform look and go with something more traditional and prestigious-looking.

blues_zpse3bd0747.jpg

The thing with that is you can't see the yoke outline in real life, so the stripes just look like they were randomly applied.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like the navy on navy look. Two different tones of blue just doesn't work as well for me. And royal blue on royal blue would probably look too weak.

EDIT: Just looked at SuperLeafsFan's post....it doesn't look too bad actually. I still prefer the navy version though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The problem with the Blues isn't the incorporation of the darker shade of blue. It's that they're using too many colors. They already have yellow and white as accent colors; they need to pick a blue and stick with it. If you choose to go the navy route, commit to it.

And, if I may offer up another suggestion, ditch the minor-league uniform look and go with something more traditional and prestigious-looking.

blues_zpse3bd0747.jpg

Nice! Can you do a version using a blue thats in between this and the royal blue.

blues_zpse3bd0747.jpg

I still feel it's too close to the Sabres with the colors but I like the design.

Count me in as liking navy as an accent for the Blues. It's actually nicely conceptual, because by having a lighter blue and a darker blue, you have plural blues. Wocka wocka.

I prefer the old-timey striping, and I think it would fit them best of all because of how old-timey the game experience seems to be. Seriously, I heard more organ in the games there than I did all year in Chicago, and it's very much to their credit that they do it that way. I've already posted my ideal Blues sweater, which is the one posted above but with navy stripes replacing any thin blue stripes. I love the striped yokes.

The only thing I vacillate on is whether the Blue Note should be navy when on royal. It's not that it looks bad, because it matches up with the helmets and breezers quite well, it's just that I'm not a fan of modifying the primary logo between home and away, especially if we're not going to wear white at home. This means that the Blues (and Flames, there they are again) are not wearing their primary primary at home. Kind of a problem. Of course, so is a crest that kinda gets lost on its background, so I guess you have to choose your battles. Me, I'd just choose to wear white at home and then not worry so much about which version is worn on the darks.

The double blue is perfect for the team, I agree wholeheartedly. Though the bluenote should definitely remain navy on the home jersey. The two thin outlines won't provide nearly enough contrast. Plus the navy bluenote on royal just looks good. Modern take on a classic logo whether its worn at home or on the road.

Because the Ranger-style shoulder yokes are interesting, I suppose. I'd say that the retros and the pre-Edges are both about a 9. The retro with navy blue added to break things up further could be a 10.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice! Can you do a version using a blue thats in between this and the royal blue.

Done. And I'd just like to mention that the shoulder yoke is actually outlined with a thin white stripe to make it more pronounced. It wouldn't be just stitching.

blues-royal_zps1d6ff99e.jpg

And, not to derail the Blues discussion, but I reimagined the Minnesota Wild's home sweaters because their green home kit has been bugging the hell out of me during this series with the Hawks.

Their logo is terrific and I love the green and vanilla. The red, however, just seems out of place. So I removed it and replaced the weird Minnesota script with the main logo. Shooting stars as the shoulder patches to pay tribute to North Stars, and also happen to be the star from the main logo.

wild_zps1c1f772b.jpg

^Way too drab and monotone.... needs an accent colour for me. Maybe add more white to the striping/logo...then you're getting into Phoenix Coyotes territory and I'm not a fan of their jerseys either.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived