2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i totally agree. the canucks colors are nice, and the uniform template is good... but they are faaar from perfection.

here is what is wrong with the canucks current look, in simple itemized form:

1) the font is horrible.

2) having a logo AND a wordmark is a bad idea. pick one.

3) the logo looked really good in the color scheme it was designed for. the nba-style recolor is severely lacking.

4) the alternate is pointless and slightly better than the almost identical home.

5) the only decent logo they have (full bodied johnny) isn't seen anywhere on their uniforms. (the v-head is horrible)

the closest the canucks ever came to having a decent logo was the original orca, and even that seems sullied by the corporate meaning.

you can keep blue and green, and you can keep the uniform template if you'd like... but something needs to be done to give them a cohesive, professional look. the 40th anniversary uniform was a huge improvement, but even then, they deserve a better logo than the stick-in-rink.

ColeJ, I totally agree with you on all fronts with the exception of the Stick 'n Rink. I, too, have been a huge advocate for the skating Johnny Canuck(it's on the helmets when the Canucks wear their alternates). It defines the heritage and history of the Canucks and it's my number 1 choice to be the club's primary identity.

However, I am also a big supporter of the elegance and simplicity of the Stick 'n Rink. It has a Montreal Canadiens' feel to it with a British Columbia flavour. While I have grown to love the updated version, I still prefer the original logo. Stick 'n Rink as the primary with the skating Johnny on the shoulders is my number 1B choice.

Bang on about the font. Like the orca, the Canucks' font, aka. Agency font, is very corporate-looking. I believe Team USA and a few other countries have used this same weak font. Time to return to the traditional and legible block look. Add a green border to the font and add green to the collar as well.

All these improvements would put the Canucks right up there with the Original Six and a few others from the the post '67 expansion era.

i totally agree. the canucks colors are nice, and the uniform template is good... but they are faaar from perfection.

here is what is wrong with the canucks current look, in simple itemized form:

1) the font is horrible.

2) having a logo AND a wordmark is a bad idea. pick one.

3) the logo looked really good in the color scheme it was designed for. the nba-style recolor is severely lacking.

4) the alternate is pointless and slightly better than the almost identical home.

5) the only decent logo they have (full bodied johnny) isn't seen anywhere on their uniforms. (the v-head is horrible)

the closest the canucks ever came to having a decent logo was the original orca, and even that seems sullied by the corporate meaning.

you can keep blue and green, and you can keep the uniform template if you'd like... but something needs to be done to give them a cohesive, professional look. the 40th anniversary uniform was a huge improvement, but even then, they deserve a better logo than the stick-in-rink.

ColeJ, I totally agree with you on all fronts with the exception of the Stick 'n Rink. I, too, have been a huge advocate for the skating Johnny Canuck(it's on the helmets when the Canucks wear their alternates). It defines the heritage and history of the Canucks and it's my number 1 choice to be the club's primary identity.

However, I am also a big supporter of the elegance and simplicity of the Stick 'n Rink. It has a Montreal Canadiens' feel to it with a British Columbia flavour. While I have grown to love the updated version, I still prefer the original logo. Stick 'n Rink as the primary with the skating Johnny on the shoulders is my number 1B choice.

Bang on about the font. Like the orca, the Canucks' font, aka. Agency font, is very corporate-looking. I believe Team USA and a few other countries have used this same weak font. Time to return to the traditional and legible block look. Add a green border to the font and add green to the collar as well.

All these improvements would put the Canucks right up there with the Original Six and a few others from the the post '67 expansion era.

Agreed with both of you. I made this concept a couple years ago that fixed many of the issues you guys listed.

cancuksjerseyfianl.png

Agreed with both of you. I made this concept a couple years ago that fixed many of the issues you guys listed.

cancuksjerseyfianl.png

Oh, those are beautiful, especially the third sweater. I don't really like the whole orca c, but I wouldn't mind these.

dumoulin_672_wbspens.jpg

One can only dream...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

There must be some sort of contract or clause that prevents the Penguins from updating their uniforms. Something to make sure Crosby is always seen in that futuristic set. Whatever the case it's unfortunate because their logo is fantastic and deserves a much better backdrop.

There must be some sort of contract or clause that prevents the Penguins from updating their uniforms. Something to make sure Crosby is always seen in that futuristic set. Whatever the case it's unfortunate because their logo is fantastic and deserves a much better backdrop.

I think it's just Mario not caring. He'd probably prefer to dress the team in double blue full-time, but the fans are used to some form of black and gold. So we get the current Edge template mess that Mario can't be arsed to ditch.

that flat vegas gold is just such an unappealing color. it looks horrible, even on the classic template.

what pro sports team wants to be "black and khaki?" at least the ugly ass stars wordmark sweaters had some saturation to the gold.

cancuksjerseyfianl.png

Oh, those are beautiful, especially the third sweater. I don't really like the whole orca c, but I wouldn't mind these.

These are freakin beautiful

cancuksjerseyfianl.png

These are freakin beautiful

The third jersey it a bit much. One of my problems with the current Canucks looks is the overabundance of design all over the jersey making it look very cluttered. I think simplifying things is important in creating a nice clean look. The home and road you have made is actually quite nice.If you're going to introduce green in to the logo then that is the way to do it. Also the away jersey needs to have a blue C not a white one.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Any word on the Avs getting new sweaters for the 2014-2015 Season?

I don't think. We have words of the Blues having new uniforms and Tampa and Pittsburgh getting new alternates. Maybe i forgot some, but i think that's all we know for now

I don't think. We have words of the Blues having new uniforms and Tampa and Pittsburgh getting new alternates. Maybe i forgot some, but i think that's all we know for now

Thanks. Really hoping for some new uniforms in Denver next year. We have some of the worst in the NHL imo. Also, it's a new era...let's show it.

It's a shame because the Avs need a change way more than the Blues.

Also, any word on Anaheim?

Archived