2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Any word on the Avs getting new sweaters for the 2014-2015 Season?

I don't think. We have words of the Blues having new uniforms and Tampa and Pittsburgh getting new alternates. Maybe i forgot some, but i think that's all we know for now

It's a shame because the Avs need a change way more than the Blues.

Also, any word on Anaheim?

We know the Ducks are changing, we just don't know what.

One report says the current alternate will be the new home with a new away and alternate while another report says that the third is staying the third and there's a new home and away.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think. We have words of the Blues having new uniforms and Tampa and Pittsburgh getting new alternates. Maybe i forgot some, but i think that's all we know for now

One report says the current alternate will be the new home with a new away and alternate while another report says that the third is staying the third and there's a new home and away.

Good for them they desperately need new ones as of now they have the worst look in the NHL with Nashville then Pittsburgh and Washington close behind IMO. With honorable mentions to Carolina and Ottawa. Though I will say other than Anaheim's home/away there really aren't any horrible looking jersey's in the league again IMO.

Ive also read (I think from Icethetics) that the webbed D could replace the Ducks script on the current home/roads and the current alt will remain unchanged.

I really hope I like the Lightning alt, because I could use a new one.

Good for them they desperately need new ones as of now they have the worst look in the NHL with Nashville then Pittsburgh and Washington close behind IMO. With honorable mentions to Carolina and Ottawa. Though I will say other than Anaheim's home/away there really aren't any horrible looking jersey's in the league again IMO.
the Ducks really should have been Black and Orange from the beginning, it really would have helped.

I guessing It's gonna be the alt promoted with a new road because of playoffs but I'm still really not sure on that.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Thanks. Really hoping for some new uniforms in Denver next year. We have some of the worst in the NHL imo. Also, it's a new era...let's show it.

While I'm sure most of this board agrees with you, that may just be wishful thinking. I can't imagine that the management group has much interest in changing because to casual fan these uniforms are "close enough" to the original Avs set, and with guys like Sakic and Roy in the fold there probably hasn't been much of a push to deviate from that look. Remember, this is an organization that has been wearing black pants/helmets that clash with their set because they had to scramble for equipment in their first season and happened to win a Cup wearing them.

^is that so? Interesting. I think the black accent colour works wonders for that identity and if they had blue or burgundy helmets it would not look as sharp.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Well, the Avs will have a new Stadium Series jersey. If it's popular, perhaps that will get the team thinking about something new. Even if management loves this look (which I doubt) you'd think its about time to update just for the cash grab that comes with all the new jersey sales.

They will?? Have they EVEN announced the games for the stadium series?? What's your source??

Thanks. Really hoping for some new uniforms in Denver next year. We have some of the worst in the NHL imo. Also, it's a new era...let's show it.

While I'm sure most of this board agrees with you, that may just be wishful thinking. I can't imagine that the management group has much interest in changing because to casual fan these uniforms are "close enough" to the original Avs set, and with guys like Sakic and Roy in the fold there probably hasn't been much of a push to deviate from that look. Remember, this is an organization that has been wearing black pants/helmets that clash with their set because they had to scramble for equipment in their first season and happened to win a Cup wearing them.

Because the ex-Nordiques couldn't find helmets and pants in a team color like, say, royal blue?

Never heard this one before, but something doesn't add up.

Because the ex-Nordiques couldn't find helmets and pants in a team color like, say, royal blue?

The Avalanche don't use royal blue. They used a unique shade of slate blue. Burgundy isn't a widely used colour either. So I could see the team, fresh off of a relocation, not being able to get costume slate blue or burgundy pants and helmets in time.

Remember, this is an organization that has been wearing black pants/helmets that clash with their set because they had to scramble for equipment in their first season and happened to win a Cup wearing them.

Meh, I don't know if I buy that completely. After all, the logo does have a black puck in it, and the numbers on the white jersey are black. There is (or at least was) noticeable black trim on the burgundy jersey. I'd say that the black helmets and breezers for the Avs is justified.

The Avalanche don't use royal blue. They used a unique shade of slate blue. Burgundy isn't a widely used colour either. So I could see the team, fresh off of a relocation, not being able to get costume slate blue or burgundy pants and helmets in time.
Well the Ducks were able to get eggplant pants for their first year.

They wore black pants for a season the mid/late 90's because IIRC they switched pants suppliers and weren't able to get eggplant in time.

IbjBaeE.png

Fair enough. But rather than "scramble for equipment," wouldn't the team just keep what they had, even if it was a shade off?

Considering black trim is in the jerseys, I'm not convinced that the black equipment wasn't the plan all along.

Well the Ducks were able to get eggplant pants for their first year.

They wore black pants for a season the mid/late 90's because IIRC they switched pants suppliers and weren't able to get eggplant in time.

The Ducks were an expansion team. I have no idea what the timetable was for the move to Denver and the Avalanche reveal, but I think it's safe to say the Mighty Ducks had more time to figure things out as they were entering the league.

Agreed with both of you. I made this concept a couple years ago that fixed many of the issues you guys listed.

cancuksjerseyfianl.png

Oh, those are beautiful, especially the third sweater. I don't really like the whole orca c, but I wouldn't mind these.

Agreed. I hate the orca logo too, but those are gorgeous.

My appologies to jetmonkey for butchering your artwork with some of the worst photoshopping ever, but I thought I'd put my spin on your designs...which are very close to what I would like as well, but I've made some "improvements". (IMHO)

cancuksjerseyfianl_zps281f3a69.jpg

There's something about a green third that just doesn't sit right with me. I know everyone is constantly crying out for a green jersey, but to me that would just look like Dallas wannabies. I think another blue jersey with a more liberal use of green would be nice. I've removed the shoulder patches to make it look more simplified and less cluttered - also removing a white stripe to give the detailed johnny canuck more room to breathe.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

My appologies to jetmonkey for butchering your artwork with some of the worst photoshopping ever, but I thought I'd put my spin on your designs...which are very close to what I would like as well, but I've made some "improvements". (IMHO)

There's something about a green third that just doesn't sit right with me. I know everyone is constantly crying out for a green jersey, but to me that would just look like Dallas wannabies. I think another blue jersey with a more liberal use of green would be nice. I've removed the shoulder patches to make it look more simplified and less cluttered - also removing a white stripe to give the detailed johnny canuck more room to breathe.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

sig.png

the Ducks really should have been Black and Orange from the beginning, it really would have helped.

No they should have been dark green and copper. Kinda like a duck.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Too many outlines around the Orca.

Well, the Avs will have a new Stadium Series jersey. If it's popular, perhaps that will get the team thinking about something new. Even if management loves this look (which I doubt) you'd think its about time to update just for the cash grab that comes with all the new jersey sales.

They will?? Have they EVEN announced the games for the stadium series?? What's your source??

Coors just want's one at Coors field next year is all. So one would just have to assume it happens.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2014/02/11/heres-proof-coors-fieldmlbs-rockies-seeking-outdoor-avalanche-game/16732/

Archived