2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

While I'm sure most of this board agrees with you, that may just be wishful thinking. I can't imagine that the management group has much interest in changing because to casual fan these uniforms are "close enough" to the original Avs set, and with guys like Sakic and Roy in the fold there probably hasn't been much of a push to deviate from that look. Remember, this is an organization that has been wearing black pants/helmets that clash with their set because they had to scramble for equipment in their first season and happened to win a Cup wearing them.

Because the ex-Nordiques couldn't find helmets and pants in a team color like, say, royal blue?

Never heard this one before, but something doesn't add up.

I can't seem to find a link, but I remember a discussion on the boards from a while ago where someone mentioned that the team wanted either burgundy or blue pants & helmets, but they couldn't have them made in time or something to that effect. They ended up using black equipment instead and the look stuck. It makes sense when you consider the white jerseys use black names/numbers instead of burgundy, despite there being no back on the jersey, save for the puck in the logo. they might've added the numbers at the last minute so that the pants/helmet wouldn't clash as much. It's a lot easier to change the numbers than it is to change the entire design of the jerseys (just ask the Lightning). IMO the pre-Edge alternates were the only time where the pants and helmets didn't look completely out of place.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on the Avs getting new sweaters for the 2014-2015 Season?

I don't think. We have words of the Blues having new uniforms and Tampa and Pittsburgh getting new alternates. Maybe i forgot some, but i think that's all we know for now

It's a shame because the Avs need a change way more than the Blues.

Also, any word on Anaheim?

We know the Ducks are changing, we just don't know what.

One report says the current alternate will be the new home with a new away and alternate while another report says that the third is staying the third and there's a new home and away.

Good for them they desperately need new ones as of now they have the worst look in the NHL with Nashville then Pittsburgh and Washington close behind IMO. With honorable mentions to Carolina and Ottawa. Though I will say other than Anaheim's home/away there really aren't any horrible looking jersey's in the league again IMO.
the Ducks really should have been Black and Orange from the beginning, it really would have helped.
No they should have been dark green and copper. Kinda like a duck.

Their are Orange and Black Ducks. orange-and-black-duck-in-pond.jpg

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Well, the Avs will have a new Stadium Series jersey. If it's popular, perhaps that will get the team thinking about something new. Even if management loves this look (which I doubt) you'd think its about time to update just for the cash grab that comes with all the new jersey sales.

They will?? Have they EVEN announced the games for the stadium series?? What's your source??

Coors just want's one at Coors field next year is all. So one would just have to assume it happens.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2014/02/11/heres-proof-coors-fieldmlbs-rockies-seeking-outdoor-avalanche-game/16732/

I remember hearing the same thing. It would only make sense that the Avs are next in line for the next slate of games, along with San Jose, Minnesota and St. Louis (which I assume will be the Winter Classic in 2016)

sig.png

Yes but that particular duck looks like ass.

I never understood why everybody always makes a big deal about "Ducks not being Black and Orange".

Since when are Coyotes red? Since when are Leaves blue? Since when are French Canadian people red and blue? Since when are Rockie Mountains purple? etc.

My appologies to jetmonkey for butchering your artwork with some of the worst photoshopping ever, but I thought I'd put my spin on your designs...which are very close to what I would like as well, but I've made some "improvements". (IMHO)

cancuksjerseyfianl_zps281f3a69.jpg

There's something about a green third that just doesn't sit right with me. I know everyone is constantly crying out for a green jersey, but to me that would just look like Dallas wannabies. I think another blue jersey with a more liberal use of green would be nice. I've removed the shoulder patches to make it look more simplified and less cluttered - also removing a white stripe to give the detailed johnny canuck more room to breathe.

Well done! I really like your edits. You're tweaks to my 3rd are gorgeous!

I never understood why everybody always makes a big deal about "Ducks not being Black and Orange".

Since when are Coyotes red? Since when are Leaves blue? Since when are French Canadian people red and blue? Since when are Rockie Mountains purple? etc.

The Rockies mountains are known as the purple mountains so that is correct

The Rockies mountains are known as the purple mountains so that is correct

AAAABOVE THE FRUITED PLAIN!

*Leafs, proper noun. Although Smythe apparently didn't know how to use an apostrophe.

It is an asinine argument for sure.

Wonder if any Ducks prototype jerseys were made with the originally planned scheme.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me when Starter manufactured jerseys for the Blackhawks. I recently acquired a Hawks jersey and am interested in putting a name on the back.

Looks like between 81-96 based on eBay and the uniform database.

Starter got into the NHL jersey business around 1993-94. I believe their operation shifted over to Pro Player for 1999-2000.

AHL related, but it looks like the Abbotsford Heat will become the Adirondack Flames, with a blackened version of the Atlanta Flames logo. That suggests to me the A-Flames' jerseys will just be the current Calgary ones with a different crest, because the Flames sure do love half-assing a minor league operation.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived