2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Just got the Fall 2014 RBK and CCM apparel catalog. No changes, but every single St Louis Blues item says TBD. Shirts, hats, scarves, every single item is a blank box. All 29 other teams have all of their items pictured.

ronpaulhappening.gif

Long time coming for a change in the uniforms, but I hope it happens. What the Blues have right now is a mess.

I apologize, I was unclear. I have no idea or indication if their jerseys are changing or not. Jerseys are not in the same "category" for purchasing that shirts, hoodies, etc are.

Having their apparel listed TBD is consistent however with recent logo changes like Dallas.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the Fall 2014 RBK and CCM apparel catalog. No changes, but every single St Louis Blues item says TBD. Shirts, hats, scarves, every single item is a blank box. All 29 other teams have all of their items pictured.

ronpaulhappening.gif

Long time coming for a change in the uniforms, but I hope it happens. What the Blues have right now is a mess.

I apologize, I was unclear. I have no idea or indication if their jerseys are changing or not. Jerseys are not in the same "category" for purchasing that shirts, hoodies, etc are.

Having their apparel listed TBD is consistent however with recent logo changes like Dallas.

Any new jerseys in the CCM Vintage line?

ronpaulhappening.gif

Unfortunately, they'll probably change back to the bland '60s look because it's "retro" instead of bringing back the far superior 1998-2007 look.

They'd better not change the current logo outside a recolouring. It would be an absolute travesty if they brought back an older, inferior version just to jump on the retro bandwagon. The current bluenote is perfect.

ronpaulhappening.gif

Any new jerseys in the CCM Vintage line?
No info on jerseys yet.

They'd better not change the current logo outside a recolouring. It would be an absolute travesty if they brought back an older, inferior version just to jump on the retro bandwagon. The current bluenote is perfect.

Their current logo is perfect. I don't think we will need to worry about that. I just can't see them changing the logo at all. I would be shocked if they did.

i'd be surprised if the blues tweaked their logo, but i don't think it would be sacrilege if they did.

the blues could very easily go with a single shade of blue with yellow and white, and that wouldn't be sacrilege. a blue note with a slightly altered shape wouldn't be sacrilege, and could very well flow better with a single shade of blue, if that's the direction they choose to take.

the pre-edge blues sweaters are easily the best in team history. i refuse to deny that... but it's totally possible for them to come up with something good and new that isn't just a throwback to the pronger/turek/weight era.

i think we can put the pitchforks down for at least a few more months. it's not like it's going to be difficult to improve on what they've got now, in terms of overall aesthetics. i'm excited to see the direction they go.

Icethetics confirms that the Penguins plan to have a retro alternate jersey based on the ones worn for the back-to-back cups in the 90's . They also said said the Islanders plan to make their Stadium Series logo their primary logo (probably for the move to Brooklyn) and that Addidas wants to replace Reebok once their contract expire

Wow. I'm surprised here about the Penguins. That is a give away it will be the late 80s to early 90s style jerseys.

I heard somewhere the Penguins may be changing their unis, most likely because of the blue jersey of doom. I'm seriously hoping for a gold alt. :)

I know I'm sure to be the minority...but I'd love to see them bring back the "Robo-Penguin" from the 90s.

My prediction is their stadium series jersey will (eventually) become their primary away jersey.

The Blues have the worst uniforms in the league right now. Colour bleeding, Reebox, no hem stripes, and half a dozen other click-and-fill RBK features that clutter this beyond decency. I think I wrote a list mentioning everything that was wrong with their uniforms. I'll try to find it later.

The Blues have the worst uniforms in the league right now. Colour bleeding, Reebox, no hem stripes, and half a dozen other click-and-fill RBK features that clutter this beyond decency. I think I wrote a list mentioning everything that was wrong with their uniforms. I'll try to find it later.

Sorry but that honour goes to the Flames and their "lets use every colour in the rainbow and every striping pattern imaginable" clownsuits but yes the Blues are definitely down there. Unfortunately I think we will see the end of the double blue if current trends are any indication.

I hope the Blues don't change. I love the iconic logo and their overall design. If they do change, I hope they go back to the lighter shade of blue they wore in the late 70's/early 80's.

As for the Leafs, those jerseys are starting to grow on me. I wouldn't mind if they became a full time third (not home).

Not been mentionned yet, but the Maple Leafs wore their Winter Classic uniform yesterday against Montreal. A sign that it might become their new alternate?

1535393_10152163833070199_545001336_n.jp

I doubt it. I think almost every team in the Winter Classic has used their WC jersey at least once after the game.Some chose to use it as an alternate (Penguins twice, Washington and Chicago, Philly(2010) went full time with theirs) but others, Philly(2012), Detroit, Boston, Buffalo and New York just wore them once more at home then were finished.

I wouldn't mind it one bit if those became the new alts, but please oh please fix the socks. I'd at least expect it to be worn for their centennial in 2017, given how the Habs were allowed to wear four throwbacks in 2009. Come to think if it, there are so many to choose from...Arenas, St. Pats, Winter Classic, 1940s, 1960s, 1967, 1970s, etc.

I hope the Blues totally get rid of navy blue and just use royal blue and yellow. I'd be OK if they brought back a little red since that's what I grew up with. Not like the Gretzky era away jerseys, but just small stripes on the sleeves and hem like in the 80's.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've always like this Blues jersey and hopes it would be used again. At least as an alt, if not as a primary.

F3BA52D1-8C62-47EF-BC3D-64E69BA9EA6C.jpg

Archived