2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

As a Ducks fan I'd rather see Black and Orange over Green and copper it looks better. It seems like a California tradition at this point. Honestly im fine with all three teams useing black it how you use the other colors. It's like the NFL I can tell the deference between Atlanta Carolina Pittsburg and new orelans. As long as they all have different secondary colors and uniform designs I think is fine.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Flames sure do love half-assing a minor major league operation.

There we go!

Barn-ey the Dinosaur doesn't believe in empirical information. They're full-assing now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I never said the ducks should keep using black, actually. Just that they shouldn't wear green. Black is a fairly neutral color that almost every team uses in some form in most sports. Green is a color you have to sorta dedicate to like Dallas and Minnesota, and probably Seattle soon. Green teams stand out as such way more than black teams do.

Personally, I'd like it if the ducks wore orange at home, with black, white, and gold accents. I really like orange and gold together.

Use the original mighty ducks crest in appropriate colors, and I'm even more sold. That logo was never the problem for me.

Yes but that particular duck looks like ass.

I never understood why everybody always makes a big deal about "Ducks not being Black and Orange".

Since when are Coyotes red? Since when are Leaves blue? Since when are French Canadian people red and blue? Since when are Rockie Mountains purple? etc.

The Rockies mountains are known as the purple mountains so that is correct

Well, :censored: me then.

Flames confirmed they'll copy the parent club's uniforms.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A really dark green would be great for the Ducks but probably pointless. A black with a green shine like the old Jaguars helmets (with teal) could be unique, if that's even possible on jersey material.

But I'm sure they'll stick with what they have now, color-wise.

hell, just go full mallard. Green helmets, with orange-trimmed brown/black jersey and pants, with orange socks.

0374_Mallard_12-27-2009_1.jpg

And yellow tint on all visors.

I doubt the Ducks are interested in wearing green, considering their budding rivalry with Dallas.

But they should keep wearing black even though the Kings and Sharks wear it?

The Sharks should be wearing teal, so I'd say the onus is on them to change.

As for the Kings? I prefer them in black and silver. It's the only colour scheme they've ever really been relevant in. I also like the current Ducks scheme...emphasizing orange might not be the worst idea for them, really. I could even accept the classic Mighty Ducks logo so long as they keep the "Mighty" portion out of the name.

hell, just go full mallard. Green helmets, with orange-trimmed brown/black jersey and pants, with orange socks.

0374_Mallard_12-27-2009_1.jpg

That would be the best uniform in the NHL, even if it looked terrible.

I doubt the Ducks are interested in wearing green, considering their budding rivalry with Dallas.

But they should keep wearing black even though the Kings and Sharks wear it?

The Sharks should be wearing teal, so I'd say the onus is on them to change.

As for the Kings? I prefer them in black and silver. It's the only colour scheme they've ever really been relevant in. I also like the current Ducks scheme...emphasizing orange might not be the worst idea for them, really. I could even accept the classic Mighty Ducks logo so long as they keep the "Mighty" portion out of the name.

I pretty much share your sentiments. It's not the Ducks' fault the Sharks do this stupid "wear black in the playoffs because of performance" nonsense that hopefully this year's collapse will get them to stop that tradition. I like the Kings in black and silver more than black and purple (and let's be honest, that jersey was not good once they removed the hem stripes going to the Edge template), though I wouldn't mind them wearing one of their throwbacks as an alternate. But even then I think they look their best with black and silver. As for the Ducks, I think the direction they're heading by emphasizing orange more than gold is the right one. There's only three other teams with orange as a primary or secondary (because I'm not counting the Sharks), so even though the Ducks are wearing black like quite a few other teams in their division, they're not gonna get confused with anyone else as long as they keep pushing the orange.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived