2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the Ducks are interested in wearing green, considering their budding rivalry with Dallas.

But they should keep wearing black even though the Kings and Sharks wear it?

The Sharks should be wearing teal, so I'd say the onus is on them to change.

As for the Kings? I prefer them in black and silver. It's the only colour scheme they've ever really been relevant in. I also like the current Ducks scheme...emphasizing orange might not be the worst idea for them, really. I could even accept the classic Mighty Ducks logo so long as they keep the "Mighty" portion out of the name.

I agree with you on the Sharks, they should use teal more than black.

For the Kings I would like them in purple and silver. It would be a unique color combination not only in the NHL, but all of sports. It would combine colors from different eras of the franchise and just look better than black and silver.

I doubt the Ducks are interested in wearing green, considering their budding rivalry with Dallas.

As for the Kings? I prefer them in black and silver. It's the only colour scheme they've ever really been relevant in. I also like the current Ducks scheme...emphasizing orange might not be the worst idea for them, really. I could even accept the classic Mighty Ducks logo so long as they keep the "Mighty" portion out of the name.

For the Kings I would like them in purple and silver. It would be a unique color combination not only in the NHL, but all of sports. It would combine colors from different eras of the franchise and just look better than black and silver.

*cough*Sacramento Kings*cough*

*cough*Sacramento Kings*cough*

I mean just purple and silver...without any black.

Is it just me, or did the Phantoms wear a purple version of the Flyers's 70s jersey (what they wear now) for a special night back when they still in Philadelphia?

I swear I remember seeing that, but I can't find any pictures.

In any case, that's what they should be wearing.

Cheap jokes aside, GFB's full Mallard was a Gorgeous F ing Bird.

QUADCITY-3RD.jpg

Was this an Anaheim Ducks concept or a different duck-themed team? Either way, it looks absolutely spectacular!
That's a real Quad City Mallards jersey created by GFB. IIRC, it was intended to be dark green, but the team switched it to black before launch. Used for a few years ... a few years back.

They still use the same logos, but modified the colors and no longer use the duck without the roundel.

Hopefully their playoff choking as of late should get the Sharks to ditch the black-at-home-during-the-playoffs idea. I agree about the Kings wearing silver and black (unpopular opinion)--it fits them and fits them well. As for the Ducks: What about emphasizing orange and using dark green and bronze (or whatever that metallic color's officially called) trim?

There. Everyone in California is happy. :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Would it have been so difficult to add hem stripes and have the shoulder patch on both sides

No one within that organisation cares enough to consider fixing their jerseys or to even address the issue.

The person who changed the patch couldn't be bothered to download Friz Quadrata to their computer, apparently. Pretty sure that "AZ" is in Copperplate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I saw this in a dream last night.

Blues18.png

But it was a darker blue, the huge red parts on the dark were blue (though there was still some red), and there was some grey/silver.

Well then I guess we'll know soon if you have ESP.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see the Blues take one of their old looks and add navy, but it would if this was the one they chose. :)

Archived