2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stupid concave Edge stripes makes it look like they switched to diagonal stripes. That's the point of confusion.

Yeah it's definitely the same jersey but they really need a change. I hate how they have both shoulder-to-sleeve yokes and sleeve stripes. The inaugural set would translate seamlessly to the edge template. Make it happen Panthers!

I must be the only one who kinda likes the yoke-and-sleeve-stripes combo. Picked up a Moose jersey and I thought it was kind of a great design.

:(

I like it on Winnipeg, but it looks awful on Fluruda.

I'd think that hem stripes on the Panthers would fix it, but I doubt that such a sentiment is unpopular at all. I'm still happy to see the Panthers in red and sans the apron, though.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I really wish they would have gotten a new look. Since they are getting a new name, a re-brand in terms of a uniform would be perfect. Swapping out a PHX for an AZ is beyond lazy.

And swapping out the custom font used for the PHX to use Copperplate for the AZ is beyond beyond lazy.

I really wish they would have gotten a new look. Since they are getting a new name, a re-brand in terms of a uniform would be perfect. Swapping out a PHX for an AZ is beyond lazy.

And swapping out the custom font used for the PHX to use Copperplate for the AZ is beyond beyond lazy.

Well, Copperplate is fitting for a team from Arizona.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

I really wish they would have gotten a new look. Since they are getting a new name, a re-brand in terms of a uniform would be perfect.

I agree. What they have now is still a good look, but I feel as if it's forever going to be associated with their five-year bankruptcy thing. You'd think they'd have done more than merely swap in the "AZ" to signify the start of a new era.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

This year's draft caps are up on Lids now:

http://www.lids.ca/Reebok/Style_NHL-2014-Draft-Cap

I checked them out and noticed a couple things

• Carolina, Columbus, Florida, & Nashville's are absent. Not sure if that means anything
  • The caps feature the primary logo with a secondary logo sublimated behind it (a lot of the teams have just reused their primary). Toronto's features the 35-point leaf with script that was on their old, white alternate, a logo that has been out of commission for 3 seasons.

• Carolina, Columbus, Florida, & Nashville's are absent. Not sure if that means anything
  • The caps feature the primary logo with a secondary logo sublimated behind it (a lot of the teams have just reused their primary). Toronto's features the 35-point leaf with script that was on their old, white alternate, a logo that has been out of commission for 3 seasons.

$36 for a mesh snapback? Ridiculous.

The Lightning have released pics of Ben Bishops new mask. The design has BOLTS appearing on one side, this makes me wonder if they're keeping their nickname on their new 3rd's.

It looks really awkward for the teams that have the same or almost the same primary logos as the secondary.

I wouldn't expect a change anytime soon. The team seems to think there is no difference between the current set and the cup jerseys. They've even said the edge adaptation was a close as they could get it.

In regards to the draft hats, I thought the Blues were supposed to get a brand new logo...

The Lightning have released pics of Ben Bishops new mask. The design has BOLTS appearing on one side, this makes me wonder if they're keeping their nickname on their new 3rd's.

That would be surprising.

Was really hoping they'd do a Whalers cap again this year.

Vancouver is double-orca. No Stick-in-Rink or Johnny Canuck

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Was really hoping they'd do a Whalers cap again this year.

UGH. SNAPBACKS. What is it with everyone and :angered: snapbacks?

Archived