2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small tidbit to pass along on the Blues' front. This from a Q & A published today that St. Louis Post-Dispatch Blues beat writer Jeremy Rutherford had with team Chairman Tom Stillman:

Q: There's been fairly strong speculation that the Blues will change their uniforms for the 2014-15 season. Is that true?

Stillman: Yeah, I think we should break some news right here. We're going back to the clown uniforms (with the diagonal red stripes that the Blues wore in the mid-1990s.).

Q: Your smile tells us that you're kidding about that. So is it true? Will there be a uniform change?

Stillman: Let's talk about that another time.

This after last week when the team store was giving away free lettering/numbering with any jersey purchase.

Well, the news won't be waiting much longer. Thought Stillman was actually going to break something there. :)

And those "clown" suits seem popular in St. Louis. Or maybe it's just that they stand out so much in a sea of blue.

Winnipeg Jets need update their logo it looks like they stole logo from Canadian Royal Air force

Yeah they actually worked with Reebok AND the RCAF to come up with the logo. They also had to make sure it was ok with the Maple Leafs to use a maple leaf in their logo... Perhaps look into the story behind the logo before making statements like that.

I know it's an overused phrase, but... the problem with the Jets logo is it is clip art. Fairly generic shapes stacked one on top of the other. And once someone on here said it looks like the jet is exploding I can't unsee it. There's a lot of reasons to not like the logo but what's listed in the post above isn't one of them, IMO.

Hey guys, I was wondering, are you allowed to post pictures of prototype jerseys on here?

Yep.

I know it's an overused phrase, but... the problem with the Jets logo is it is clip art. Fairly generic shapes stacked one on top of the other.

It's almost like they only had a limited amount of time to design an entire logo/uniform set!

And yeah, the entire point of the identity is to pay homage to the RCAF. That's why they use the general design they have. My favourite part about that was when someone confirmed that the new Jets logos had an Air Force theme. A bunch of people got excited, only to be disappointed that they went with an RCAF-inspired look instead of an USAF inspired look. Like a team in Canada would base their look off the American armed forces. Someone even posted a picture of the USAF Academy's hockey team uniforms as an example of what they should have done. What is it the kids say? SMH? Yeah, that's about right.

The Rangers jerseys are easily in the top 5. The diagonal wordmark's are iconic, not dated at all. Remember when they tried replacing them with their primary logo... It was a disaster.

That's why this is such a great shirt. Nowhere on there is a Rangers logo, but you see the shirt and immediately know what team it's for. Even if you weren't aware of Mark Messier's quote it still works on a general "we'll win tonight" fan level.

20140528_HKY_WIN_TONIGHT_1024x1024.jpg?v

If I was a Rangers fan I'd have two of these.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is it an unpopular opinion to love the Jets' logo and uniforms? For a team that had to pull it together pretty quickly, I think they did a fantastic job. I don't even mind the stripes on the sleeves the way I did when it was first released.

The "clown" blue jerseys are ugly because they have too much red, but the "clown" whites are one of the best they've worn.

I'd like to see the blue version of those but with blue on the bottom.

^the only good thing about those ASG jerseys were that they were very Wild-esque in keeping with the location of the event. Design-wise I think they looked pretty poor. But then again I'd say pretty much all All-Star jerseys look poor.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Is it an unpopular opinion to love the Jets' logo and uniforms? For a team that had to pull it together pretty quickly, I think they did a fantastic job. I don't even mind the stripes on the sleeves the way I did when it was first released.

I don't care much for the home blues. Overall, the uniform is a bit too dark, and the way the light blue is used on the sleeve stripes, it's hard to tell it's even there at all unless you're quite close. I like the white jersey a lot, and wish they'd revise the blue one to better match it. Navy blue sweater, white vertical sleeve panels, light blue sleeve stripes trimmed in silver.

The straight names/italic numbers issue is a bit of annoyance, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Definitely not in my book. That identity really works for me

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Not been mentionned yet, but the Maple Leafs wore their Winter Classic uniform yesterday against Montreal. A sign that it might become their new alternate?

1535393_10152163833070199_545001336_n.jp

Leafs are 2-0 in these jerseys.
In the cup finals ?

This probably isn't the best place to ask, but how do the fits run on Reebok replicas and authentics? I bought a Blackhawks XL jersey online, as I knew the Edge jerseys ran smaller and figured I'd be an XL, but it's pretty big on me. Do they run a full size larger?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived