2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Is it an unpopular opinion to love the Jets' logo and uniforms? For a team that had to pull it together pretty quickly, I think they did a fantastic job. I don't even mind the stripes on the sleeves the way I did when it was first released.

I don't care much for the home blues. Overall, the uniform is a bit too dark, and the way the light blue is used on the sleeve stripes, it's hard to tell it's even there at all unless you're quite close. I like the white jersey a lot, and wish they'd revise the blue one to better match it. Navy blue sweater, white vertical sleeve panels, light blue sleeve stripes trimmed in silver.

I don't know why the stripes are light blue and silver on the white jersey, but white outlined with light blue on the dark jersey. If I could fix the Jets uniforms the only change I'd make would be to put the light blue and silver stripes on the navy blue jersey.

edit: like this

kaner_zps1fd137e6.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it an unpopular opinion to love the Jets' logo and uniforms? For a team that had to pull it together pretty quickly, I think they did a fantastic job. I don't even mind the stripes on the sleeves the way I did when it was first released.

I don't care much for the home blues. Overall, the uniform is a bit too dark, and the way the light blue is used on the sleeve stripes, it's hard to tell it's even there at all unless you're quite close. I like the white jersey a lot, and wish they'd revise the blue one to better match it. Navy blue sweater, white vertical sleeve panels, light blue sleeve stripes trimmed in silver.

I don't know why the stripes are light blue and silver on the white jersey, but white outlined with light blue on the dark jersey. If I could fix the Jets uniforms the only change I'd make would be to put the light blue and silver stripes on the navy blue jersey.

kaner_zps1fd137e6.png

That would look much better if you swapped the silver with white.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This probably isn't the best place to ask, but how do the fits run on Reebok replicas and authentics? I bought a Blackhawks XL jersey online, as I knew the Edge jerseys ran smaller and figured I'd be an XL, but it's pretty big on me. Do they run a full size larger?

I think the replica jersey sizing stayed the same. I have an AHL Bruins replica in L, and it fits me pretty much like the pre-Edge replicas did, except the sleeves are longer.

Also, strangely, the AHL replicas don't have the silly jock tag, and are made in Canada.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

kaner_zps1fd137e6.png

That would look much better if you swapped the silver with white.

I don't agree and then you'd still have an inconsistency between the white and blue jerseys.

Evander+Kane+Winnipeg+Jets+v+Florida+Pan

PvO6ZWJ.png

This probably isn't the best place to ask, but how do the fits run on Reebok replicas and authentics? I bought a Blackhawks XL jersey online, as I knew the Edge jerseys ran smaller and figured I'd be an XL, but it's pretty big on me. Do they run a full size larger?

I think the replica jersey sizing stayed the same. I have an AHL Bruins replica in L, and it fits me pretty much like the pre-Edge replicas did, except the sleeves are longer.

Also, strangely, the AHL replicas don't have the silly jock tag, and are made in Canada.

The last hockey jersey I purchased was a Starter Chelios some 15-16 years ago, so that's all I can go off of in terms of fit. I assumed the edge replicas would be smaller with what I read about tapering them and giving them a more athletic cut.

I'll have to go to a store and try on a L jersey. I'm not quite a size large yet, but I am losing some weight and probably shouldn't keep the XL jersey if it's big on me now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

shouldn't the logos be flipped, with the rangers on the left (east), and kings on the right (west)

Actually it's correct... if you are looking at the logo from the north. *shrug*

shouldn't the logos be flipped, with the rangers on the left (east), and kings on the right (west)

Actually it's correct... if you are looking at the logo from the north. *shrug*

Looks right to us Canadians, eh?

What on earth was Doc Emerick talking about with the "first Rangers jersey featured a horse with a cowboy on top waving a hockey stick"?

Does anybody have an image of this?

Doc Emerick once again proves he has no idea what he's talking about.

What on earth was Doc Emerick talking about with the "first Rangers jersey featured a horse with a cowboy on top waving a hockey stick"?

Doc Emerick once again proves he has no idea what he's talking about.

I know I've never heard of this, but I doubt he just made it up. There isn't some promotional logo from 1926 that the team never actually used? No unofficial mascots or something silly like that?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

According to Wikipedia, Doc Emerick is right. "Rickard's franchise begin play in the 1926-27 season. The first team crest was a horse sketched in blue carrying a cowboy waving a hockey stick aloft, before being changed to the familiar R-A-N-G-E-R-S in diagonal." I bet the vast majority of people out there don't even have the slightest clue. This is definitely something interesting that I sure as hell didn't know about either.

okay... someone go buy a copy of "when the rangers were young" by frank boucher and trent frayne... supposedly there is a quote on page 74 about it.

i still have very strong doubts it was ever worn during a game, however.

According to Wikipedia, Doc Emerick is right. "Rickard's franchise begin play in the 1926-27 season. The first team crest was a horse sketched in blue carrying a cowboy waving a hockey stick aloft, before being changed to the familiar R-A-N-G-E-R-S in diagonal." I bet the vast majority of people out there don't even have the slightest clue. This is definitely something interesting that I sure as hell didn't know about either.
Where does it say this on Wikipedia?

Where does it say this on Wikipedia?

Search "New York Rangers". Then read the second paragraph of the "Early Years".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived