2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

yeah, it was pre-season only...

preseason doesn't count, in my opinion... my point being, the rangers didn't even get as far as an exhibition game in with the cowboy logo, i'm expecting.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank posted about his over a decade ago. Proof that no one ever listens to Tank...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/1380-new-york-rangers-original-logo/

Sorry, buddy :(

EDIT: No, there are no actual pics of the logo, so don't get excited.

That's the thing. He's just providing the same urban legend everyone else is. We've seen a picture of the Rangers from the 1926 pre-season wearing the diagonal script and a 1925 flyer that's cowboy-less. So I'm thinking there's nothing to this. If such a logo ever existed then it was discarded early on. I doubt it made it onto a sweater of any kind.

Doc Emrick is a font of hockey knowledge... love that guy...

He truly is a font of hockey knowledge allright......just a shame he sounds like a screaming weasel, partner him with Pierre Mcguire and i have to place towels on my shoulders to soak up the blood from my ears ! :)

Paul Lukas wrote about the Ranger logo on Uni Watch today. He called Stan Fischler, who is a hockey writer, to ask him about the logo. He claims he has seen the logo. He also referenced a book he owns, When the Rangers Were Young, to verify that it existed. This is the same book I mentioned yesterday. However, there's still no visual evidence.

Cant someone scan what ever page in that book and upload it. It's really making no sense for someone to reference a book they supposedly own and not provide the actual example.

I'm assuming he meant that the book simply said that the logo existed.
So it's still just more rumors

One of the Pens beat writers said (Rob Rossi) that Fleury ordered yellow pads and gloves to go with the new third that is black/yellow. Take it for what it's worth.

KISSwall09.jpg

On phone, but did NHL'15 accidentally leak a Dallas Stars tweak to their white away sweaters?

https://twitter.com/defendingbigd/status/476084457804693504

EA is usually pretty bad about uniforms, so maybe this is nothing. But if it is real, the black outline around the green numbers is a welcome addition, at least to me. It makes it pop.

that was one of the things many of us thought they needed. It would be a welcome improvement, but wouldn't get my hopes up based solely on a videogame.

I remember that we thought EA made a mistake by adding a yellow stripe on the Preds pants for NHL 14 in a leaked image because the Preds never told about that change, turned out EA was right. Maybe it's the same thing with Dallas. I guess we'll find out at the entre draft later this month

I ready hope they don't add an outline to those stars numbers... It would be a downgrade, and rightfully piss off everyone that just bought the new uniforms less than a year ago.

Word is the Pens will go with a new Black and Yellow alt next season!

You forgot to mention it'll be based on the Lemieux's cup era !
skating penguin is childish.........black jersey with diagonal letters is awesome, and the white jersey with "robo" penguin is great as well....imo

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1434859

My prediction is diagonal PITTSBURGH with skating penguin on the shoulders.

Archived