2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddance to the worst - yes, the absolute worst* - Edgified monstrosity the league was cursed with. The NHL will be a better place without you.

*Yes Morgo, even worse than Calgary's ;)

You are forgetting colorado

Oh, they're up there. But the Blues reign supreme.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

zimmermancasual620.jpg

Look at how bright Zimmerman's shirt is! LOOK AT IT! #wishfulthinking

It's a Nike shirt too. Is that allowed?

Yes it's allowed as I know the Canucks and Flames have Nike branded stuff as well. It mostly comes down to polos and off ice training gear and I think it only goes to the team as I haven't seen any of that stuff for sale.

Yep, I remember when the Blackhawks put out that parade version of their "I Stand For" video after last season, Coach Quenneville appeared in the video hoisting the Cup and wearing a visibly Nike-branded Hawks polo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

More evidence guys (possibly)

10426706_10152278234758661_5378398716627

Check out that glorious one-shaded, royal, Bluenote!

Usually the Blues use the navy note, or at least the royal note outlined in navy. In fact, I'm wearing a white t-shirt now with the royal Bluenote outlined in navy. I have never seen, at least not in today's day-and-age, a royal/yellow/royal Bluenote.

Good riddance to the worst - yes, the absolute worst* - Edgified monstrosity the league was cursed with. The NHL will be a better place without you.

*Yes Morgo, even worse than Calgary's ;)

You are forgetting colorado

Agree to disagree about the Flames :P. Though I think most will agree those are the worst three. I'm glad the Blues alternate is on the way out. That logo never really clicked what with all the unnecessary bevelling.

I also didn't like how they emphasized eggplant, which in my opinion is too close to the color that the Kings should be wearing (purple).

Fixed, assuming you were referring to the Ducks purple :P

Personally I think the original eggplant jersey got it right in terms of colour balance. Doesn't stray too far into Kings territory either as its a very different shade of purple and use of colour scheme. Now, if they went with the black and eggplant alternates full time, that really would be too similar. At least, in terms of what the Kings had before the black and silver 2.0 era.

That green Ducks third though, it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me. Adding yellow was one thing, but the shiny silver striping and lack of any white was too much. Pair that with the black pants (and helmet?) they were using at the time and you've got a hot, ugly mess. Even the Wild Wing, as atrocious as that was, made better use of a primarily green colour scheme than the '97 jersey did.

If they had replaced the Wild Wing crest with the hockey mask logo, changed the font to the normal block, and added an actual hem stripe (instead of the "ice" WW was busting through), then the Ducks' first jade jersey would've been great.

If they had replaced the Wild Wing crest with the hockey mask logo, changed the font to the normal block, and added an actual hem stripe (instead of the "ice" WW was busting through, then the Duck's first jade jersey would've been great.

I agree

MightyDucks2concept.jpg

More evidence guys (possibly)

10426706_10152278234758661_5378398716627

Check out that glorious one-shaded, royal, Bluenote!

Usually the Blues use the navy note, or at least the royal note outlined in navy. In fact, I'm wearing a white t-shirt now with the royal Bluenote outlined in navy. I have never seen, at least not in today's day-and-age, a royal/yellow/royal Bluenote.

They first debuted an all royal logo as the Olympians pit stopped here then went on to Vancouver for the 1st game after the break. It was though on a navy background at the airport. The Note though, along with the outline was all royal.

If they had replaced the Wild Wing crest with the hockey mask logo, changed the font to the normal block, and added an actual hem stripe (instead of the "ice" WW was busting through, then the Duck's first jade jersey would've been great.

I agree

MightyDucks2concept.jpg

Now that's a stunning third jersey ! Would have been so much better that way

On that note, has anybody bought Premiers recently?

I didn't really have time to look closely, but is Reebok actually stitching the crest and the screen-printed patches to the jersey? I thought I saw stitches on the Leaf shoulder patches when I passed by a Sportchek recently.

It's not going to make me buy one--not until the shoulder patches are embroidered again and the price comes down significantly--but I guess they're listening to customer input or something? The shoulder patches look really flimsy.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Seems like all of the teams jerseys are currently on sale. I clicked on about six teams at random and they were all on sale

no, not every team, the kings, hawks, bruins, wings, and pens primary aren't on sale. i think you got lucky and hit all the teams with changes.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

They've always stitched those tacky plastic shoulder patches on for some bizarre reason.

I don't know what made me think to do this, but I just looked at the only Premier I own - AHL Bruins - and the crest and the screenprinted shoulder patches are all glued on. No stitching at all. Maybe Reebok only does it for their NHL Premier jerseys, because I know I've seen it on there.

Anyway, Premier jerseys are flimsy and overpriced, and you should avoid them. And definitely avoid the screened twill NHL Shop customization.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just wondering if the Ducks are upgrading the 3rd wouldn't it be the only one not on sale? all three are 30% off online, makes me wonder if they will modify it.

That's a good point. I don't see it happening, but it would be nice.

More food for thought: before the Stadium Series jersey was revealed, a team store employee apparently said it was going to be an orange version of the third. As we know, it was far from that. He likely meant "third" as in "that one jersey with the D logo instead of the full wordmark." Part of me wonders if the organisation goes by that same logic, meaning they'll surprise us with a new home jersey too.

Then again, they're not exactly making a big deal out if it. And they've only confirmed a new white jersey for the draft.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived