2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

How can I trust the word of a mere octopus on the matters of uniform design?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I find the addition of red to the Blues jerseys cheapens the look considerably

Agreed. The Blues should be double blue with alittle white and maybe yellow and that's it.

Red on a Blues jersey is almost as bad as orange on a Sharks jersey.

Royal > yellow > navy = white would be the ideal color hierarchy for me. And I liked the red, but navy fits in better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Personally, I find the addition of red to the Blues jerseys cheapens the look considerably

Agreed. The Blues should be double blue with alittle white and maybe yellow and that's it.

Red on a Blues jersey is almost as bad as orange on a Sharks jersey.

Maybe yellow? Any Blues jersey without yellow is a non starter and immediate downgrade from the current set... Which is saying a lot since I agree wholeheartedly with BigBubba's opinions on that set.

All the Blues need to do is use one of these:

Blues08.png

Blues22.png

Very simple. And no to the red. That look was awful.

Actually, the Blues cant go wrong if they use any of these for the basis, including the one nordiks' posted, depending on which direction they want to go.

Blues17.png

The throwback hem striping returns in all three. It just comes down to traditional colors, or add navy or red? I also prefer navy, but there are a lot of double blues (and navy and golds) out there. Going traditional or returning to red might be the best way to stand out. Well, only way. Maybe not the best.

Blues22.png

This is the one true answer. (Though, really, on the whites I'd swap the navy with royal on the sleeves and torso, so that all the major trim is royal with navy adding accenting. The blue jerseys are perfect.)

The current alts wouldn't be so bad if they had yellow numbers. They don't look like the Blues without those.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Nah, don't do as the Rams do. Like, for anything. I think what we lose sight of sometimes is that bright, strong colors are more powerful, psychologically, than dark, desaturated ones. It's why I find the Oilers' look to be so effective while so many here don't. You can rally behind The Blue And Orange. It seems a little harder to rally behind The Midnight Blue And Dark Reddish-Beige With Hints Of Sort Of A Magenta As Well. It's just sports. We're not painting a condo here.

I don't have a fancy Edge template, just an ancient one, which is fine because I hate the Edge template anyway, but here's my idea:

RtHiTtS.jpg

Basically just an update of the '70s/'80s Blues sweaters most of us have said we liked but with navy blue incorporated. I used the old blue note from the '90s but changed the colors and took "St. Louis" off the top because I like the rounded edges better than the sharper ones they have on it now. The script on the helmet is Cooper Black and looks kind of like what used to be on their sweaters back when they kinda sucked. I hated that design, but the lettering itself still would have worked as part of the identity. The script the Blues have now is hideous and way too late '90s extreme sports-y.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Blues08.png

Blues22.png

Very simple. And no to the red. That look was awful.

I concur with your opinion. The top image is their roots in terms of colors and jersey design. Why not go back to it? St. Louis was one of two 1967 Expansion teams to don blue (the other being Pittsburgh). Thus, it makes sense to me.

Nah, don't do as the Rams do. Like, for anything. I think what we lose sight of sometimes is that bright, strong colors are more powerful, psychologically, than dark, desaturated ones. It's why I find the Oilers' look to be so effective while so many here don't. You can rally behind The Blue And Orange. It seems a little harder to rally behind The Midnight Blue And Dark Reddish-Beige With Hints Of Sort Of A Magenta As Well. It's just sports. We're not painting a condo here.

I don't have a fancy Edge template, just an ancient one, which is fine because I hate the Edge template anyway, but here's my idea:

RtHiTtS.jpg

Basically just an update of the '70s/'80s Blues sweaters most of us have said we liked but with navy blue incorporated. I used the old blue note from the '90s but changed the colors and took "St. Louis" off the top because I like the rounded edges better than the sharper ones they have on it now. The script on the helmet is Cooper Black and looks kind of like what used to be on their sweaters back when they kinda sucked. I hated that design, but the lettering itself still would have worked as part of the identity. The script the Blues have now is hideous and way too late '90s extreme sports-y.

Replace the yellow with another shade of blue (same shade as the logo) and you got yourself a winner.

The Catch of the Day!

But why on earth would I replace a color that they've worn since day one?

I'm going to quote this, because it needs to be reiterated. The Blues are and have been blue and yellow; that's why the red-blotched mid-90s version was so horrible.

I don't agree with the version that Admiral picks, but he's definitely right about the overall color scheme.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

RtHiTtS.jpg

Very nice.

Blues08.png

Blues22.png

the top pic would be ideal for sure... I think it can be used.. as for the bottom pic I loved it till the Blues had to mess up with the current jersey look now.. switch back to either of these jersey looks and all is good... better on eyes and etc than the current one.. ehhh..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

RtHiTtS.jpg

I like these.

Especially the hanger effect on the white. :)

Blues22.png

This is the one true answer. (Though, really, on the whites I'd swap the navy with royal on the sleeves and torso, so that all the major trim is royal with navy adding accenting. The blue jerseys are perfect.)

The current alts wouldn't be so bad if they had yellow numbers. They don't look like the Blues without those.

Totally agree. I don't get the whole "the Blues shouldn't wear blue/gold because so many other teams [one] wear it" thing. First, royal/navy/gold is very different from navy/gold/silver. And second, they've worn it for much longer than Buffalo has.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived