Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

The Ducks jersey where the orange is

Hearing that third jersey was being promoted to home and that there would be a road version to go with it, I came up with these possibilites, put in the order from left to right, top to bottom, of my own preference:

2014DucksRoadB_zps2691548e.png

(Yes, I used my own name and number. I wasn't taking the time to change it.)

None of these are really that great. If they simplified the striping, then yes it probably would look good. The bottom one is the worst because of how the black numbers don't look right with orange as the dominant colour. Truthfully, the third (future home) really ain't that great in the first place. Again, simplify the striping and then it probably would be okay. If it was like Calgary's, then it would look better.

I personally would have preferred to keep the current Away and just slap on the webbed D. A white version of the new home (old third) is just weird. We'll see how it looks tomorrow...

Oh and from what I understand, we get laces with this jersey. Crossing my fingers for real laces and not the crap Stadium Series faux-laces.

If I'm remembering correctly, weren't the Ducks experimenting with using the striping pattern on the now-defunct "Ducks" jersey + the Giant D? I don't think it's a slam dunk that it will be the same striping at the former third jersey....maybe? Wishful thinking?

Also saw in a comment on Icethetics that the Canucks' third jersey is being retired :( Despite it not having a unique color or a departure from the home jersey, that was a nice-looking sweater. I shall miss it.

Well, if it's to introduce a new alternate with a new design that makes it look like an acutal alternate sweater, than be it. And since we're talking new sweater, any news about the potential Flyers's rumored jersey?

Oh and from what I understand, we get laces with this jersey. Crossing my fingers for real laces and not the crap Stadium Series faux-laces.

Which is really weird as the new home doesn't have those. Laces on a modern jersey design like that would be weirder still. Sorta worked but sorta didn't for the Stadium jerseys. Still, I wonder if we might see a new design altogether, if not a tweaked version for the white.

Ugh, not laces... Why does every single team have to use them now. Especially a team that originated in 1994... 2006 if you count the name change.

ao_Nff_Bm.jpg

Sorry for the small image. Anyone know of any good image hosting that don't charge you for an upgrade? First it was imageshack, now Photobucket...

Anyhow, ditching the yoke would make the jerseys look more similar to the Mighty Ducks diagonal set and make the look less cluttered.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=98802&navid=DL|ANA|home

Is that a new script? Part of the Stadium Series?

If you're referring to the orange hoodie jersey thing, it's probably just a generic script that all teams use for that particular piece of apparel.

Ugh, not laces... Why does every single team have to use them now. Especially a team that originated in 1994... 2006 if you count the name change.

Anyhow, ditching the yoke would make the jerseys look more similar to the Mighty Ducks diagonal set and make the look less cluttered.

It's just a trendy thing, I guess. But I don't think limiting it to teams established before 1993 is really the way to go. I actually kinda like laces, but they only really work on traditional uniform designs. The Stadium Series uniforms pushed it a little bit, but to me, laces only look out of place on modern designs and generic Edge templates.

I agree, ditching the yoke does make that jersey look better. But I'd rather they dump the side panels before they get rid of the yoke.

It is likely going to be the new fake laces. Not 100% confirmed, but all new sets going forward are likely to switch to this. Teams that already have laces will be keeping the "old" or "true" laces except when an entire batch can be switched over at once.

More evidence guys (possibly)

10426706_10152278234758661_5378398716627

Check out that glorious one-shaded, royal, Bluenote!

Usually the Blues use the navy note, or at least the royal note outlined in navy. In fact, I'm wearing a white t-shirt now with the royal Bluenote outlined in navy. I have never seen, at least not in today's day-and-age, a royal/yellow/royal Bluenote.

They first debuted an all royal logo as the Olympians pit stopped here then went on to Vancouver for the 1st game after the break. It was though on a navy background at the airport. The Note though, along with the outline was all royal.

Sure looks like a new logo at least. That change makes perfect sense. I'm starting to be sold.

It is likely going to be the new fake laces. Not 100% confirmed, but all new sets going forward are likely to switch to this. Teams that already have laces will be keeping the "old" or "true" laces except when an entire batch can be switched over at once.

Groan...hopefully they avoid the slim-fit jersey like the Olympics...but I'm sure we'll see that new "style" as well.

Groan...hopefully they avoid the slim-fit jersey like the Olympics...but I'm sure we'll see that new "style" as well.
Wouldn't worry too much...different providers for NHL vs Olympic jerseys. Nothing in the works regarding a change in jersey fit or style for that NHL atm.

Screenshot2014-06-27at110218AM.png

Need to see a better angle but looks like they just added laces to the Black 3rd and made a white version of it as well. Any other changes besides the laces?

Edit- also looks like the numbers on the black jersey now have a orange outline rather than gold like before

It might be because of the position they put the jersey, but is it me or did they really simplify the side piping and vertical stripes? Seems like it's not as huge as it once was, but then again they're not showing much below the crest on either jersey.

So basically, the third I own now is sort-of-but-not-really obsolete? If they were going to add laces to it, why make them black?

Still, orange number on outlines is an interesting change. Speaking of outlines, why does the white jersey crest have that black outline? There's no reason to do that, unless Reebok have just temporarily stuck on the existing third home jersey crest.

Maybe the white jersey isn't as bad as I imagined. I'll have to see the full thing first. At least I don't have to complain about the wordmark jerseys anymore :D

Positives:

- The D logo is a strong logo and it should've been center stage since day one. It's weird that it wasn't.

- The Disney logo oval patch is a good secondary logo and it's good to see it'll be on both jerseys now

- No more wordmark crest

Negatives:

- Orange guts on two jerseys now.

- Would've looked better without the black yoke and would've fit in better with their visual history (they haven't historically been a yoked team). There's a lot going on around the hem and the sleeves and the yoke just makes it feel more cluttered.

- The numbers. I don't like that orange outlining scheme. Should've kept the numbers just as their used on their old jerseys.

edit: I never realized how that D logo looks on a white background. I do not like that extra black outline.

Logo and colors are okay.......but why are they hiding the stripes from us, post a better pic !......why can´t they just use traditionel straight sleeve and waist stripes like most teams use.