2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Screenshot2014-06-27at110218AM.png

That should have been the logo since day one. Why they went years with a dull wordmark is beyond me.

It still needs a bit of work, especially the stripes on the shoulders and the sides. Also I wish they would ditch that cartoonish Mighty Ducks logo. It should stay back in the 1990s with the silly "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" nickname.

Overall though I like them. Much better than the previous set.

The Catch of the Day!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In spite of it being 8th in my order of favorable possibilities, I do like it a lot. The orange trim is welcome addition.

This now leaves Colorado as the only team with wishbone collars left in the league.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

why canĀ“t they just use traditional straight sleeve and waist stripes like most teams use.

The Ducks seem to be fixated on the swooshes. I'd prefer a normal waist stripe as opposed to the side panels. But I'm happy that they've kept the sleeve stripes diagonal, that's been their thing since '93.

Also, good to see the duck mask shoulder patches on both uniforms.

mTBXgML.png

PotD:Ā 24/08/2017

So basically, the third I own now is sort-of-but-not-really obsolete? If they were going to add laces to it, why make them black?

Yeah, basically. Basically my numbered Cam Fowler third jersey I got last year is out of date with the collar and numbering. I do welcome the move away from the "medal" collar. One of the things I never liked. And with these being the same collar as the Stadium Series jersey, I love those collars. Very comfortable.

The one thing about it is the black laces on the black jersey. That works on the white. It's fine. But if you do it on the black, make them orange or something. They might as well not be there.

Still, orange number on outlines is an interesting change. Speaking of outlines, why does the white jersey crest have that black outline? There's no reason to do that, unless Reebok have just temporarily stuck on the existing third home jersey crest.

The orange numbers are an interesting change, indeed. I've always seen people try it on concepts and even when they first showed those jerseys, but it's never worked on the black for me. I've always though it needed the gold compliment or just the gold by itself. Now the outline sticks out too much, if you get what I mean. It's like I see the outline before I see the number, where as the gold was more subdued in that regard. But I do think the orange outline works on the whites.

And it would seem that it's just the black jersey crest on the white jersey, and that never would have bothered me until you pointed it out, and now it really bothers me :lol: I have to imagine that's on Reebok's part, not wanting to make two different crests. I don't think that'll be temporary. But that does stick out, doesn't it?

Maybe the white jersey isn't as bad as I imagined. I'll have to see the full thing first. At least I don't have to complain about the wordmark jerseys anymore :D

I like the white jersey. I think that overall it works very well. It finally brings some life to the road jersey. A road jersey that's essentially been black and white since the rebrand.

I'm also happy I don't have to listen to people complain about the word mark any more :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAĀ | LAA | LARĀ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Ā USMNTĀ | USWNT |Ā LAFCĀ | OCSC |Ā MAN UTDĀ |

I like the shift to orange as a secondary color, and gold as the tertiary. Nothing about this is particulary good or purchase-worthy to a neutral hockey fan, but it's not as bad as what they had. Short of a complete overhaul, I guess they did the best they could with what they had to work with. I would like to see the rear numbers get elongated like they were on the Stadium Series jersey, since neither sweater has hem stripes now.

Faux laces are the new apron strings. Silly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's an improvement to the old home and away, that's for certain. In a league especially lacking in unique color schemes around the time of the Edge redesign, moves by the predators, stars, and now ducks have helped to inject a little bit of brightness in the NHL.

I also think it's an example of "ghost yokes" done correctly. One jersey has the ghost yoke, then the base color of the yoke remains the same on the contrasting color jersey so there's actually shoulder coloring on one of the jerseys instead of an empty yoke on both. It's slightly unexpected but ends up looking good when you look at both jerseys next to each other. The carolina hurricanes edge design that was phased out last year would be an example of this yoking effect done improperly.

Is the orange part of the sleeve supposed to resemble a duck bill.... it looks like it on these pics!

wow. Never noticed that, but you're totally right.

I had never noticed that before this pic...

But that was the first thing I saw.

I think these are horrible, to be honest. Unbalanced and busy. The color scheme is actually a really nice color scheme, but they're using it allll wrong.

At least the Stars still have real drawstrings, knock on wood. I hate those fake ties.

The crest seems huge to me. I like it, but it feels like it takes up the entire front of the sweater.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived