2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

That Kesler jersey is not a replica. Look for the fight strap and flat NHL shield on the collar. The shoulder patched just look like the bad ones in that one picture.

Looks to just be done up with the lettering that was available. It's super easy to make the name plate if you have the letters, they just get affixed to a strip of material rather than the jersey itself.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's an authentic. Click on the picture to zoom it in. You can see the stitching, along with the fight strap.

Right, for now, I'm leaning towards heat-pressed with what they have in the store, because, you'll remember that he new numbers were also elongated and slightly thinner. Those are the old numbers.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Those are just last years #'s posted on the new jersey. I live in so cal and the Ducks team store lags when it comes to customization. I am willing to bet they have not yet received the new digits and letters

DSC_0105164549043_slide.jpg

Even when out of focus the LA Kiss jerseys are gaudy.

Anyone see the Minnesota Wild feature on Uni Watch and know what the white jersey covered in plastic's supposed to be?

612_1404847590.jpg

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

My mistake. That's what I get for being in phone.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is what they should have done. So gorgeous

iwish-1.png

This is far from good.... let alone gorgeous.

The logo is all but lost in the sea of blue.... The shoulders have stripes that make no sense. The hem stripes are unbalance without the navy blue bottom.

Sorry but the mockup Blues jersey on icethetics is 100X better than this...

Adjust a few of the stripes as mentioned above and give the blues logo a thicker white and yellow outline and I think that would make a fine jersey. I'm okay with the two tone blue, but I think I'd prefer a Blues jersey without it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Philadelphia is really one of the teams that doesn't need an alternate, but if they have to have one I'd prefer it to be orange. There aren't many teams in professional sports whose identity is more closely tied to a colour than the Flyers (Nashville is trying to do the same thing with gold, which is why they shouldn't add a blue alternate). Something similar to the WC jersey with a Liberty Bell-incorporating logo would be great. If they focus on black as the secondary colour, as opposed to white, it would be enough to differentiate it from the regular home. A black alternate just takes away the number of games where they can wear orange, and muddies up the brand. With that being said, I fully expect them to unveil a black uniform, complete with a gaudy white nameplate with black lettering. Boy, I'm really glad that contrasting nameplates didn't become a trend with the rest of the NHL. I understand the historical precedence with the Flyers' orange jersey, but the black nameplate on the white is absolutely ridiculous. It looks like a bunch of kids on a peewee team whose moms sewed their dark jersey nameplates on the whites by mistake.

The Flyers have had essentially the same logo through their entire history. No need for a "liberty bell" logo or anything else. IMO their logo qualifies as iconic, and there's not too many of those in the NHL. You say they shouldn't mess with orange (and I agree with you), but I say they definitely shouldn't mess with the logo. That 3d abomination was bad enough.

The thing is, I don't think a team should have two of the same color jerseys - unless there's a lot of difference between them - even then it's not a great idea. The wing P on an orange jersey is the Flyers. The only thing worse than diluting the brand is diluting the primary identifiers of the brand, which are the color, and the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is interesting... elongated numbers, gold outlines.

dSA9DxV.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Gold does look better...

maybe they made the switch back?

No the gold does not look better, the orange does. The gold has always looked like an after thought and like they sat there and thought, "Hey, Brian Burke said there has to be gold to represent the Army, where else can we put it? Oh yeah, we forgot the numbers and letters!"

Gold does look better...

No the gold does not look better, the orange does. The gold has always looked like an after thought and like they sat there and thought, "Hey, Brian Burke said there has to be gold to represent the Army, where else can we put it? Oh yeah, we forgot the numbers and letters!"

Not sure how that's any different than substituting "gold" for "orange" and"representing the Army" for "representing Orange County".

Not sure how the gold has "always" looked like an afterthought when it's used throughout the uniform and number outlines are a standard option on hockey jerseys.

Gold does look better...

Except the original jerseys had a fair amount of gold to begin with. That being said, I'm sure representing the army was the reasoning behind dropping the green and making them as bland as possible.

v32H3u4.png

Boom. There's your Flyers alternate. Just swap the secondary and tertiary colors.

not bad, but id prefer something along the lines of the winter classic they hosted. those jerseys and pants were a totally different direction than anything in there history, which i liked. except for the 1st edge jerseys, they basically have had 2 sets of jerseys, with the current very similar throwback to the originals.

Archived