Can a mod lock this thread from comments?

pitt6pack

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cool can you do a 49ers one! :)

I need to figure out the number font on the field first, it changed when they moved to Levi's and I can't find a match for it yet. Once I figure that out the rest of the field is easy. If I can't find the actual font or something close, then I have to make the numbers myself, like I did for Pittsburgh's field, and it could take a while to get it exactly right.

Other than that I will say I have a few other fields just about done, I just got to clean them up. Those fields are the Bengals, Bills Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks, and the Steelers (post college). I've been trying the Browns for a while, but I can't get their endzone wordmarks right, but I do have a close font.

How bout a Rams one, but not what they have. What would St. Louis look like if they used the same script as they use in their word mark? What they have now is too bland.

FYI, this is a database, not a concept.

I'll only be doing the current fields because I wan't to get back to coding my simulation, and these fields are the last thing I need to do before I can get back to that.

Moving on, here are the on-field logos for Pittsburgh during the college football season.

Midfield: this is the first season that I can remember the grey being added to the Steelers logo at midfield since the Steelers moved to Heinz Field in 2001. In the past it was all black for the outer circle, but I think the grey is a huge improvement. The logo has a diameter of about 19.5 feet.

Steelers_Midfield_zpsc3ef3b85.png

North Endzone: The wordmark is used year-round, and painted Pitt colors during their games. The wordmark is about 14 feet high and 34 yards wide

Steelers_Endzone1_zps905009c9.png

South Endzone: This endzone is used only during the college season, and is replaced by the Steelers wordmark after Pitt's last home game. Each dash is 9 yards tall and 3 yards wide, with a total of 11 dashes.

Steelers_Endzone2_zps0b667f48.png

Numbers: Pittsburgh is the only team in the league to use this exact style of numbers, although a similar font is used on other fields, like New England's. All fields have the same number height by rule which is 6 feet (2 yards).

Steelers_Numbers_zps2f3e782e.png

Other field notes: during the college football season, there is no NFL logo displayed on the field (there are two on the sidelines), and Pittsburgh is one of the few locations to never display the NFL logo at the 25 yard lines (except for the playoffs). After the college football season the NFL logo is placed at the right side of each endzone.

The purpose of this thread is to recreate all of the current fields in the NFL. Like the Super Bowl Field Database I'm drawing inspiration for this thread from kodrinsky's NBA court database, which is a really well done thread, because kodrinsky pays attention to even the smallest details, which I appreciate.

I have mentioned in some of my past threads that I have been building a football simulation over the past few years to help me get better at my programming. In the simulation I want to have the the most up to date and accurate fields, so I'm posting the fields on this site to get feedback and make sure I'm getting everything 100% correct. With these fields I will say though that I will not be adding in details like the NFL kickoff, or thanksgiving logos, or the breast cancer awareness logos because I would then need to make 10 or more fields for some teams. So the fields will be a conglomerate of what would be expected to see on a normal Sunday game, and for some teams I will have to do multiple fields. For instance, the Steelers have two different styles during the year because the Pitt Panthers share Heinz field during the college season.

Also as part of the simulation I need the playoff fields for each team, which in some cases the fields are different than the regular season fields, like Seattle who paints their endzones for the playoffs.

I don't plan on going in any particular order for these fields, its just based on which ones I feel like doing, and so often on these boards I see people go in alphabetical order, so this will change things up a bit.

Just some final notes, I am working with paint here and to get the detail I want I'm working with a high resolution, so what I'm posting here isn't the full size. So if anyone wants the full size fields or templates, send me your email in a personal message and I can get them to you.

I'll start off with Pittsburgh's field during the college football season:

VdTYsdW.png

For each field I will also post the on-field logos in more detail, like in the Super Bowl Field Database to make things easier to see.

I love the "faded" College lines you use on the Heinz Field surface. Very similar to the way they used Sun Devil Stadium back in the days when it was shared with the Cardinals, and waht was Jack Murphy Stadium with the Chargers and Sand Diego State Aztecs. Though they put giant "X's" where the college numbers went unlike the Small dashes that where used at Sun Devil Stadium and University of Phoenix Stadium for the Fiesta Bowl!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I love the "faded" College lines you use on the Heinz Field surface. Very similar to the way they used Sun Devil Stadium back in the days when it was shared with the Cardinals, and what was Jack Murphy Stadium with the Chargers and Sand Diego State Aztecs. Though they put giant "X's" where the college numbers went unlike the Small dashes that where used at Sun Devil Stadium and University of Phoenix Stadium for the Fiesta Bowl!

Well the fading is a necessity for these fields because the college lines are very visible during the games. And I'm sure you are aware of this, but maybe others aren't, but they use green paint to cover up the other lines. It was very clear if you saw the Seattle at Kansas City game last Sunday.

And that leads me into a general question for some of the fields. Besides Pittsburgh, Minnesota, and Miami, what other NFL teams share the same stadium with a college team the entire season? I don't think Kansas City does, or San Francisco, but both hosted college games recently. Some fields it may not make a difference, like on turf fields because they can wash the temporary paint off, which happens often in the Georgia Dome and Jerry's world, but I want to get all the "normal" fields for each team.

I love the "faded" College lines you use on the Heinz Field surface. Very similar to the way they used Sun Devil Stadium back in the days when it was shared with the Cardinals, and what was Jack Murphy Stadium with the Chargers and Sand Diego State Aztecs. Though they put giant "X's" where the college numbers went unlike the Small dashes that where used at Sun Devil Stadium and University of Phoenix Stadium for the Fiesta Bowl!

Well the fading is a necessity for these fields because the college lines are very visible during the games. And I'm sure you are aware of this, but maybe others aren't, but they use green paint to cover up the other lines. It was very clear if you saw the Seattle at Kansas City game last Sunday.

And that leads me into a general question for some of the fields. Besides Pittsburgh, Minnesota, and Miami, what other NFL teams share the same stadium with a college team the entire season? I don't think Kansas City does, or San Francisco, but both hosted college games recently. Some fields it may not make a difference, like on turf fields because they can wash the temporary paint off, which happens often in the Georgia Dome and Jerry's world, but I want to get all the "normal" fields for each team.

Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego is the only other field I can think of that currently has a College "tennant" with and NFL team. I know several NFL stadiums host either College Conference Championships or Bowl games. Cities Like Phoenix (Actually Glendale, AZ), Detroit, San Diego, Dallas (They just change the Field Turf), New Orleans, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, and Indianapolis are the stadiums i can think of currently. And The New Levi's Stadium will host the 1st College Championship game this January.

The championship game will be held at AT&T stadium in Texas not Levi's stadium

That's what I get for missing Staff meetings ;-)

I was Thinking Pac 12 Championship, and typed College Championship instead! LOL!

The championship game will be held at AT&T stadium in Texas not Levi's stadium

That's what I get for missing Staff meetings ;-)

I was Thinking Pac 12 Championship, and typed College Championship instead! LOL!

Even then. the Pac12 Championship is in December. Same with the "Foster Farms Bowl"

Yep. I do remember that now. Not anyones fault, just sliped my mind after watching an exciting AZ High School semi final game. Got waaayyyy to much football on my brain! ;-)

Indianapolis

9lOQl3S.png

A general note on this field, the font used for the endzone wormarks is slightly different from the Colts actual wordmark. The font used here is Playbill, and the actual Colts wordmark is a slight variation of Playbill. My guess for the difference is because it is much easier to use a common font for the "Indianapolis" side, and they wanted to keep consistency so they used the same font for the "Colts" side.

Indianapolis

9lOQl3S.png

A general note on this field, the font used for the endzone wormarks is slightly different from the Colts actual wordmark. The font used here is Playbill, and the actual Colts wordmark is a slight variation of Playbill. My guess for the difference is because it is much easier to use a common font for the "Indianapolis" side, and they wanted to keep consistency so they used the same font for the "Colts" side.

Very nicely done.

It seems like the Colts have maintained the same basic field design the whole time they've been in Indianapolis, except for the updates to the helmets and the AFC and NFL logos.

As for Pittsburgh, I did like the gold end zones they used in their last seasons at Three Rivers.

Colts on-field logos:

Midfield - the helmet extends close to 9 yards wide

Colts_Midfield_zps284dcff0.png

Right Endzone - This wordmark extends about 48 yards across the endzone, and is about 22 feet tall

Colts_Endzone2_zpsdde73d9f.png

Left Endzone

Colts_Endzone1_zps4be66e33.png

Numbers - this is the most commonly used number style on NFL fields

Colts_Numbers_zps675210ff.png

Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego is the only other field I can think of that currently has a College "tennant" with and NFL team. I know several NFL stadiums host either College Conference Championships or Bowl games. Cities Like Phoenix (Actually Glendale, AZ), Detroit, San Diego, Dallas (They just change the Field Turf), New Orleans, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, and Indianapolis are the stadiums i can think of currently. And The New Levi's Stadium will host the 1st College Championship game this January.

LP Field in Nashville has a college tenant in Tennessee State. Temple plays at Lincoln Financial Field. UMass Amherst plays, for now, at Gillette Stadium.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived