Can a mod lock this thread from comments?

pitt6pack

New England Patriots

PEtcwcR.png

Midfield

Patriots_Midfield_zps4de5c268.png

Stadium logo

Patriots_Stadium_Logo_zpse67bfc92.png

Endzone wordmark: thinner than the actual wordmark, and the Patriots logo does not touch the wordmark here

Patriots_Wordmark_zpse0f1004a.png

Numbers: Most similar to the Vikings numbers, without an outline

Patriots_Numbers_zps74aeabe3.png

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New England Patriots

JDVFBQx.png

Midfield

Patriots_Midfield_zps4de5c268.png

Stadium logo

Patriots_Stadium_Logo_zpse67bfc92.png

Endzone wordmark: thinner than the actual wordmark, and the Patriots logo does not touch the wordmark here

Patriots_Wordmark_zpse0f1004a.png

Numbers: Most similar to the Vikings numbers, without an outline

Patriots_Numbers_zps883a4490.png

Your Gillette stadium numbers are off. Gillette used a much wider font. It's not the standard NFL Caslon used on most fields.

Here are some examples:

Gillette_Stadium02.jpg

308.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Your Gillette stadium numbers are off. Gillette used a much wider font. It's not the standard NFL Caslon used on most fields.

Yup, good catch. When working on the numbers I referenced the game footage, which is a much steeper angle, so I assumed the numbers would appear taller from a more orthogonal view. I'm not sure when I can find the time to get to work on fixing the numbers, but I hope to get them done by the end of the week at the very latest.

And New England is the only (as far as i know) that has a field turf field, but completly painted. No cut in lines or numbers. All painted, and i like it! :-D

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

And New England is the only (as far as i know) that has a field turf field, but completly painted. No cut in lines or numbers. All painted, and i like it! :-D

Seattle also paints their field. I'm Assuming it's for the same reason the patriots do, because both teams share a field with an MLS team.

Seattle also paints their field. I'm Assuming it's for the same reason the patriots do, because both teams share a field with an MLS team.

I was not to sure, But I can see that. For some reason the Graphics and lines on the painted fields are better than the sewn in lines on field turf. I have seen several fields here in Phoenix where field turf (and its competor Next Turf) and the professionaly painted fieds do not compare. IMHO ;-)

I was finally able to fix the numbers for the Patriots, the second picture of the field really helped in scaling these.

Patriots_Numbers_zps74aeabe3.png

FYI your turf color for the Pats should probably be a bit darker. Looks great though!

I know MCH925 already commented on this, but field colors are an issue for every field, and the link to the following post explains my methods and reasoning for field colors until I can find a better way to do them.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/101219-current-nfl-fields-patriots-added/?p=2350498

And I'll have the Saints up soon.

The exact color for each of the fields is a 5 letter word starting with a "B". And the colors can change slighty based on the cut of the grass or the time of year (when real grass dies off or goes dormant). Even Field Turf/Next Turf fields can fade a bit. So one interpetation might not match the exact color. I like it the way they are. Perhaps someone with better photoship skills can get the color pallet correct for the fields? But let pitt6pack know, it is his thread! ;-)

Baltimore Ravens

9Phe4dK.png

As a Steelers fan I can't stand the Ravens, but this is one of my favorite fields. Maybe that's bias for the use of the Maryland flag in the secondary logo at midfield, and maybe some bias because I got a change to play on this field back in highschool. But this is one of the best midfield logos, and I like that they still used the primary logo in the endzones.

On-field logos:

Midfield: since the logos are painted on the field at M&T Bank, this logo is sometimes off center (note last weeks game), but I centered it because it is what would be expected most of the time

Ravens_Midfield_zps9edc9855.png

Endzone logo

Ravens_Endzone_zps60403500.png

Wordmark: This wordmark is the same size as used in Super Bowl XLVII

Ravens_Wordmark_zpsf1fce42b.png

Numbers

Giants_Numbers_zps436a2027.png

I always liked the Cowboys field. The only thing about the field I don't like is the helmets always looked too small

Everything looks too small from the perspective given. The text script and the helmet logos are larger I believe.

I did this field a while ago, and my initial thought that the helmets looked small, so maybe I didn't find a good enough image with a view from behind the endzone to size the wordmark up properly, or maybe the wordmark is taller proportionally on the field. But even with a full view of the field the helmets look small. I'll see if I can find a good picture and determine if I need to make some changes.

***UPDATE***

The wordmark I have is definantly not wide enough, so I'll go back and re-size, and that should mean the helmets will be larger as well. I don't think I'll have the time today to do this but hopefully before I the holidays because I certainly won't have the time to work on this then.

att-stadium-section-122-view.jpg

And just an update, I'm working on the Broncos and Packers fields as well. The Packers have taken me a bit longer because of the "Green Bay" endzone.

Archived