Can a mod lock this thread from comments?

pitt6pack

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran the Dolphins' endzone with the 'Miami' script in a teal endzone with NFL shield and AFC conference logos in the endzone too.

Dolphins_Endzone.png

That's similar to what they had last season, except it was the block letter Miami script. I do think this would look better than what they have now for the late season except one thing. They painted a teal boarder around the numbers, which I think looks really great.

Miami Dolphins Post-College Season

There are two fields here because they painted the numbers for some games after the hurricanes season (like vs Minnesota), and didn't for other games (like vs Baltimore). To me these were different enough fields to put both up.

cnkUUbL.png

2mM2cxp.png

On-field logos:

Midfield - nothing changed from the early season

Dolphins_Midfield_zps321ccfff.png

Endzones - I like the endzone, but I think as Dalcowboyfan92 put together, the Maimi script would look better, complemented with the NFL and AFC logos.

Dolphins_Endzone2_zps633eef98.png

Numbers

Same as the early season

Dolphins_Numbers_zps6f2c6808.png

I much prefer the painted numbers.

Dolphins_Numbers2_zpsa264a9e2.png

• 3 weeks later...

San Diego Chargers - early season

Two fields for the Chargers because they change the blue paint within the wordmark depending on the color uniform they are wearing.

Darker blue in wordmark

TahaRTA.png

Lighter blue in wordmark

bBVcJ90.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Chargers_Midfield_zps902917b8.png

Endzones

Chargers_Wordmark1_zpsa354be91.png

Chargers_Wordmark1_zps3e8228d2.png

Numbers

Chargers_Numbers_zps2dcd977f.png

I didn't know until I watched the Seahawks at San Diego that the Chargers still had the helmet logo at midfield.

They've had the helmet at midfield for a while. '05 is the earliest I remember (OT game verses Steelers). The only time I can remember the bolt on the field is the '06 divisional playoff game against the Patriots.

The Chargers probably have the most field looks out of any team. They have the early season with green endzones, the powder blue endzones, and the navy blue endzones, and I can't remember if they have done it recently but the powder blue endzone with their old wordmark (They did in the '05 game against the Steelers).

p8unrodtogof8ayaz8rbctcz9.gif

San Diego Chargers - midseason

Two fields here again. The first has the college hashes, the second does not. These are the only painted endzone fields the Chargers had in the 2014 season (no powder blue unfortunately)

With college hashes

GqYQlXh.png

Without college hashes

4cqnXDC.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Endzones

Chargers_Wordmark3_zpsa629e8ea.png

Chargers_Wordmark4_zps243bfe55.png

Numbers

San Diego Chargers - late season

I was surprised that the last three Chargers home games this season did not have painted endzones, but they do have "Chargers" in the right endzone as opposed to the early season fields with unpainted endzones.

Navy blue in wordmarks

wwIcjR8.png

Powder blue in wordmarks

4bkR5Eq.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Left endzone

Chargers_Wordmark1_zpsa354be91.png

Chargers_Wordmark1_zps3e8228d2.png

Right endzone

Chargers_Wordmark2_zpse5ded5a5.png

Chargers_Wordmark7_zpsbe1a394c.png

Numbers

WOW THAT'S AUTHENTIC. I FEEL LIKE I'M LOOKING AT A PHOTOGRAPH. JAW DROPPED SO MUCH IT STRETCHED TO YOUR HOUSE. (Figuratively speaking) Awesome job. who's next

Eagles. I've mostly been going in random order though so I don't know who I'll do after that. It's usually the easiest one for me to do or whatever team I feel like doing for one reason or another at a particular point in time.

San Diego. Don't they color in the endzones after the SDSU CF season?

Not this season. I watched the highlights from all their games this year and they had the endzones painted for only two games. There was also a game where they replaced the yellow in the wordmarks with pink, but I am not doing any specialty fields this time around. Next season I might do the exact fields from week to week since I will have the basic templates for each team done.

Philadelphia Eagles (early season)

BeZvqoT.png

On-field logos:

Midfield

Eagles_Midfield_zps4bd41038.png

Wordmark

Eagles_Wordmark1_zpscabb2a60.png

Numbers

Eagles_Numbers_zps3f806d62.png

A lot of black this year for the Eagles, I'm assuming because they only had their black home uniforms most of the year. Could also be because green would blend in with the field too much, but they have done green outlines before.

Philadelphia Eagles (mid and late season)

without college hashes

3fL9Kww.png

This was a rare occurrence this year because of college bowl games that were played in Philadelphia.

black endzones

ixPQWJR.png

Only game we saw this field was the Seahawks game. The college hashes were visible on this field as well. Personally I'm not a fan of the black endzones, and green would look much better.

On-field logos:

Midfield

Eagles_Midfield_zps4bd41038.png

Wordmarks

Eagles_Wordmark1_zpscabb2a60.png

Eagles_Wordmark2_zps75c78fb5.png

Numbers

Eagles_Numbers_zps3f806d62.png

Hey, I did something like this awhile back. I focused more on the texture, whereas you've gone for accuracy.

Their here if you want a look: https://www.flickr.com/photos/24916244@N06/sets/72157623164463263/

Great job on these. As a paint user I have to work with what I've got so accuracy plays into my advantage, as clearly you played texture to your strengths on these fields. I found a way to get texture onto my fields in paint (this is what I was able to come up with), but it is a painstakingly tedious process, plus I make changes all the time so I've held off on putting textures into my fields at this point. I do have GIMP but I still have to figure out how to use it, then the texture process might become easier.

Archived