College Football Concepts (Stanford Added)

martymcfry

I thickened Alabama's and Ole Miss's helmet stripe. Here's an Oregon update.

hvJk3nH.pngQHMbDQ6.pngzyd62lm.pngB6HmKQ0.png

• Okay, scraped my previous idea and started over. I was watching the Rose Bowl, and while I was watching I decided that these are the best uniforms Oregon has used since 2011. So I did my best to recreate them.
  • The O returns to the helmet, the Puddles logo is on the sleeves, and the numbers are on the shoulders. I would've put the wings on the shoulders but was unable to recreate it in Paint.
  • OREGON wordmark on pants front and centered.
  • Alternate with Puddles helmet is now joined with a jersey like the others put with the NWestern striping. Kinda what I like to call a "modern throwback".

Washington - By far you're best concept out of the group. It is creative and put together fairly well.

Alabama - Not a fan, really boring for Alabama which is saying something. First of all like everyone else is saying, you gotta widen the helmet stripes, make them as thick as the pants stripe. The "A" script helmet is not an improvement over the numbers IMO. The numbered helmet is iconic and I wouldn't want to see it go, the "A" helmet might work as an alternate but not full time. I do like the gray pants, the pants stripe isn't a bad move but again the whole concept is just boring. I'd like to see the A on the collar still. Not really sure what else to tell you, I know you are using paint, so I'm guessing you wouldn't know how to add patterns such as the houndstooth or elephant print.

Ole Miss - Not bad, it is pretty similar to their current set but you fixed some of things wrong with their current set so it is an improvement. Again, you need to fix the helmet stripe.

Oregon - Least favorite. Name on the back is just really bad, I know that is an Oregon font but they don't even use that font for their current NOB's. Not a fan of the helmets either, I don't like the numbers on the side, plus it just doesn't make sense for Oregon. Either stick with the wings, the O, or the Duck logo you used on the fauxback. I really just don't like the uniform either, they've moved away from those shoulder wings which is a good thing IMO because so many people have copied it since. It was a good look at the time they used it but it became dated and their current uniform design is an improvement. If you are going to use the wordmark on the pants move it up a little bit more and center it, also I think you should add the wordmark to the chest, the jersey just looks way to boring right now. I'd like to see the "Puddles" logo used more as well, it is a pretty good looking logo and very distinct.

Washington - Thanks for the kind words. That's the one I feel most confident in.

Alabama - And putting the numbers back would make it less boring? All I did was make it more interesting and put on the A and made it more consistent by removing the double stripe. Other than that, it's the same as always. The numbers are waaaayyyy more boring than the A. If my Alabama is boring, than Alabama right now is boring. The numbers aren't iconic because they're used by a whole bunch of other teams and schools. It's not exactly a trademark of the Crimson Tide. The A on the collar is something that I can easily fix (I know, I didn't in the update, but I will). I'm switching to a different version of this template soon to help remind about that kind of stuff

Ole Miss - Fixed that.

Oregon - I hope you like the new version.

No team wears numbers on the side of their helmet in the Pac 12 for a reason.

ASU and OSU would like to have a word with you.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-29-at-1.41.04-AM.png

oregon-state-nike-new-uniforms-logos-201

The Oregon update is a huge improvement, especially in terms of the NOB font. That first one looked like MAAIOTA.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No team wears numbers on the side of their helmet in the Pac 12 for a reason.

The Oregon update is a huge improvement, especially in terms of the NOB font. That first one looked like MAAIOTA.

I hadn't even noticed they use NOB until it was pointed out.

I'm gonna try to finish off the rest of the Pac-12. Next is Stanford

cPSly8X.png47kYiwT.pnghiNfCGx.png

• For Stanford, I replaced the plain S on the helmet with the tree-on-S logo. This worked pretty well for the Foster Farms Bowl.
  • Double stripe becomes the primary stripe. Double stripe is added to helmet and cuffs.
  • I kept the all-black alternate, but it should never be worn for a traditional game (UCLA, Cal, USC, Washington, etc.)

Oregon State is next, then Colorado. Also, the Imgur album is now available: http://imgur.com/a/zs5Jb.

I updated 'Bama in the OP. Next up, Ole Miss

• NGIRo3F.pngZmvssIG.pngcfSrOXY.pngR7Xe7QK.pngAe3jLjm.png
  • I like Ole Miss, so they mostly stay the same. The single-colored jerseys are a Rebels trademark, so I left them as they are.
  • No jersey is a primary, though I would hope they would use the red colored jerseys more because it provides more contrast and color to the Navy helmet.
  • Got rid of navy pants, and made two sets of white britches - one with a red double stripe and the other with a navy double stripe
  • Brought back gray jerseys, something they used back in 2012.

​Oregon will be up next!

Hotty Toddy!

For Stanford, I don't know that taking the green out of the tree was the right move on the logo, I would go with the plain block S logo, rather than the White tree.

I didn't, that's one of their current logos.85485491993.gif

I updated 'Bama in the OP. Next up, Ole Miss

• NGIRo3F.pngZmvssIG.pngcfSrOXY.pngR7Xe7QK.pngAe3jLjm.png
  • I like Ole Miss, so they mostly stay the same. The single-colored jerseys are a Rebels trademark, so I left them as they are.
  • No jersey is a primary, though I would hope they would use the red colored jerseys more because it provides more contrast and color to the Navy helmet.
  • Got rid of navy pants, and made two sets of white britches - one with a red double stripe and the other with a navy double stripe
  • Brought back gray jerseys, something they used back in 2012.

​Oregon will be up next!

Hotty Toddy!

I'm glad you like it! (I'm assuming that's what you mean)

I feel like there is an odd amount of space between the front numbers and the collar. Its a good amount for a name to go, but for the teams with only numbers on the front I think you should move them up a bit. I like Ole Miss' because you kept them in the four different colors and didn't mesh them (like most people try to) plus they are very similar to my concept so naturally I like it. Not really liking Oregon. Can't say why, just not feeling it maybe the number font and size?

jajtww.jpg

I feel like there is an odd amount of space between the front numbers and the collar. Its a good amount for a name to go, but for the teams with only numbers on the front I think you should move them up a bit. I like Ole Miss' because you kept them in the four different colors and didn't mesh them (like most people try to) plus they are very similar to my concept so naturally I like it. Not really liking Oregon. Can't say why, just not feeling it maybe the number font and size?

Okay... I haven't really used this template before so I'm still learning it.

The number font I used for Oregon is the same they currently use, it's the Autzen font Conrad made. Again, it is possible the number size affected it.

I didn't mean the "A" helmet is boring but it is nowhere near as iconic as the numbered helmets. Honestly, if you were to ask most people what they think of when they think of Alabama's uniforms they would probably tell you about the helmet. Not saying Alabama started the number on the helmet trend but they are the only team in the FBS that has consistently stuck with it throughout history. Alabama's current look is boring but it is traditional and classic and they are recognizable because of that. It is a concept though so I respect the idea of the A on the helmet but coming from someone who goes to school at Alabama and has grown up with Alabama football around me my whole life, that is not a change I'd personally want full time and I know I am in the majority around here when it comes to that. The reason I called your set boring is because there isn't even a logo on the actual uniform, plus you took away the most traditional part of their uniform that arguably allows them to pull of the classic "boring" look. If you add the script A to the collar and possibly the pants, I think that'd at least make it more recognizable but I still disagree on the helmet, I'd just rather the A helmet be an alternate.

The Oregon update is much better, might be a too little simple for Oregon but it looks good. I like the Stanford concept too. I'd like to see what you come up with for a non-traditional school though. Mix it up a little bit more and allow yourself to do a school that can help you think outside of the box more, that will help your design skills as well.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I didn't mean the "A" helmet is boring but it is nowhere near as iconic as the numbered helmets. Honestly, if you were to ask most people what they think of when they think of Alabama's uniforms they would probably tell you about the helmet. Not saying Alabama started the number on the helmet trend but they are the only team in the FBS that has consistently stuck with it throughout history. Alabama's current look is boring but it is traditional and classic and they are recognizable because of that. It is a concept though so I respect the idea of the A on the helmet but coming from someone who goes to school at Alabama and has grown up with Alabama football around me my whole life, that is not a change I'd personally want full time and I know I am in the majority around here when it comes to that. The reason I called your set boring is because there isn't even a logo on the actual uniform, plus you took away the most traditional part of their uniform that arguably allows them to pull of the classic "boring" look. If you add the script A to the collar and possibly the pants, I think that'd at least make it more recognizable but I still disagree on the helmet, I'd just rather the A helmet be an alternate.

The Oregon update is much better, might be a too little simple for Oregon but it looks good. I like the Stanford concept too. I'd like to see what you come up with for a non-traditional school though. Mix it up a little bit more and allow yourself to do a school that can help you think outside of the box more, that will help your design skills as well.

Okay... I guess I was getting at you starting with Bama is boring and then saying how the numbers on the helmet are iconic. The A helmet looks better to me because other than the A collar you couldn't recognize them as Alabama. It was supposed to be more of an identity push then it was to get rid of something iconic.

Everyone talks about Oregon's uniforms, but are they really complicated? What is so complex about Oregon other than the 200,000 different combinations they have? Of course, I would add the wing pattern, but I couldn't replicate it in paint.

I think I was able to change Stanford just enough to get credit for being creative without messing them up to much. Don't worry... Oregon State is next and I can change things up with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna try to finish off the rest of the Pac-12. Next is Stanford

cPSly8X.png47kYiwT.pnghiNfCGx.png

• For Stanford, I replaced the plain S on the helmet with the tree-on-S logo. This worked pretty well for the Foster Farms Bowl.
  • Double stripe becomes the primary stripe. Double stripe is added to helmet and cuffs.
  • I kept the all-black alternate, but it should never be worn for a traditional game (UCLA, Cal, USC, Washington, etc.)
Oregon State is next, then Colorado. Also, the Imgur album is now available: http://imgur.com/a/zs5Jb.
I think it would be really cool if there was another alternate jersey that goes back to the red S and green tree, with a little green in the jersey too. That's just me.

Fear the future, envy the past

Archived