Best Looking NCAA Rivalry

MNtwins3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with everything aside, Ohio State vs Michigan still is a beautiful looking game.

192867.jpg

I would have said Ohio State and Michigan if OSU had kept the Eddie George style uniforms, so for now I'd have to say Notre Dame vs Michigan:

27-eddie.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

You gotta love the Iron Bowl

Attachment-1.jpeg

Only thing I wish they would do is have both team wear there home jersey's that would make it better looking. There is precedents for back in the 60's I think they did it, just like Bama and Tennessee, but will never happen

• 3 weeks later...

Good looking game, especially color on color. Plus these games usually end up being pretty exciting.

It looked a little better like this:

While it appears you were referring to UND, I'd throw in that this is one of the worst Minnesota examples to use. While I am a fan/grad of a rival school, I have always felt that Minnesota has great hockey uniforms. The above is not one of their better ones. I realize the slanted wordmark is reminiscent of my school (which I only think should keep that style because they've had it forever) but I am not a fan. The "M" looks great on their jersey and I am not loving the 70s gopher patch or the front number here.

As for "beautiful rivalries", I don't get into 'em too much but I agree that first OSU/Michigan photo is really nice and that's definitely worthy of consideration. And I don't even like Michigan's helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NCAAF:

1. USC at UCLA (Rose Bowl backdrop) ...more teams everywhere with complimentary colours should wear solids.

2. Florida State v Miami ...these have always gone together like peas & carrots. Easy on the eyes, warm colours & styles, suits their rivalry.

3. Oregon v Oregon State ...I like it, the turbo charged Nikes vs less in your face cousins.

NCAAB:

1. UNC at Duke ...UNC's road blues look far nicer than Duke's.

2. Syracuse v Georgetown ...2015 renewed 4 year home & home series is great. Will probably keep it going adding NYC to the hosting mix following those 4yrs.

3. Michigan State at Michigan ...cool looking unis, floor, gym.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

You gotta love the Iron Bowl

Attachment-1.jpeg

It's weird. I like both looks individually but I don't really care for the matchup.

I agree. As a uniform set, I don't think they look that good at all. Actually, I think it looks, well... bad. The colors just don't compliment each other well. Also, having white as one of the two primary colors for a team doesn't help the visual.

Not exactly the most well known or greatest rivalry, but I think us and SMU hold up... most of the time, anyway.

Hard to really get a good feel for it when there are so many different uniform combinations. Also, I'm not sure having 1 team classic and the other team modern works well. I wouldn't say its a bad combination, just not sure if a good one.

Archived