State plates project

Sport Billy

While I do think most of them are better than mine - it does help to present it with embossed effects and such - but I feel a lot will have troubles with legibility. I do like them though, glad a bunch of people got together to make a legitamate blog about it and getting quite a bit of attention on twitter.

The few i really do like are Montana and Maine. Nevada seems too Las Vegas based - and I know how hard it was to make my Nevada plate tailor to the entire state. South Dakota and Idaho would be perfect had they had a normal font for the characters. Also like to note that that landscape on the New Mexico plate is an Arizonan type of landscape...

Other than that, they are all pretty solid, although some have gone a little crazy with the effects :P still happy with how mine turned out though!

Ugh. Pennsylvania had an embarrassing grammatical error on their plates back in the day, and this guy brings it back? Horrible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Greeeeat... another farm design for Wisconsin. Like we don't have enough reminders of how much this state rests its laurels on the dying dairy industry.

I don't like this design, which is a little too Homespun Good-Time Casserole for me, but America's Dairyland design always seemed good to me. Maybe if it had an urban skyline included, it'd be better? I dunno. Can't not have America's Dairyland in some capacity.

A lot of these designs are much too foofy for me. License plates should be utilitarian. The Minnesota one is hardly a license plate at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Greeeeat... another farm design for Wisconsin. Like we don't have enough reminders of how much this state rests its laurels on the dying dairy industry.

I don't like this design, which is a little too Homespun Good-Time Casserole for me, but America's Dairyland design always seemed good to me. Maybe if it had an urban skyline included, it'd be better? I dunno. Can't not have America's Dairyland in some capacity.

A skyline would help, but I think a famous Milwaukee landmark like the Art Museum or the Allen-Bradley Clock Tower would be sufficient enough on their own to stand for Wisconsin's urbanity.

Either way, I think it's time to deep six "America's Dairyland." California has been beating us in the production of cheese and milk for quite some time now, and The Badger State is a strong enough nickname to build a license plate from.

• 1 month later...

The Maryland Design is the worst one; just not practical to have illegible lettering like that. Along with (already mentioned) Minnesota, Ohio's is just too busy...it looks like an OSU plate a kid would have in his bedroom. Massachusetts bugs me, but I cannot really say why.

I really like some of 'em to. Idaho is really sharp. I like Iowa's too. Colorado changing from its plate to this one would probably lead to rioting.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived