Solar League Baseball - an OOTP simulation (Need expansion teams/locations ideas!)

RoughRiders99

The seven leagues that shows in the "New Standard Game" option are the following:

Major American League
Japanese Baseball League

Korean Baseball League

Taiwanese Baseball League

Mexican Baseball League

Cuban Baseball League

Italian Baseball League

Dutch Baseball League

And as for what makes the OOTP so cool is pretty much the customization of the entire league. It is infinite. There's features in there that I have no idea how to use it and that's what makes it so cool because it's so deep.

I haven't messed around with 3D Park Editor though.

And as for the SLB, I just finished the 2160's and I think you guys will like it! The post will come up either later tonight or tomorrow.

The Big Bang Expansion

Ad1D5dD.png

2160 – 2169

Just like Major League Baseball way back in the 1960’s, Solar League Baseball also just entered their expansion era. The Big Bang Expansion, as historians called it, featured ten new teams forming in a period a decade. Now with the space program developing transportations hubs at certain planets, spaceships are now able to travel farther and faster. There was only one place where they could expand: the next two gas giants.

Just before the 2160 season, SLB added four teams in a newly devised Rings Division: the Saturn Angels, Rhea Lions, Titan Lakers and Uranus Blues. Despite the nickname “Probes” winning the fan-vote for Uranus, league officials decided to go with the Blues to remain a professional imagery for the league. In the first five seasons, the Lions were the most successful team, winning the Solar Series in 2164 and their division four times.

Nevertheless, the Voyagers continued their supremacy by winning three titles from ’61 to ’63.

After the ’64 season, with a new warp drive technology now in place for the space program, the league once again expanded with four new teams in new division as well. The Kuiper Division consists the following: Neptune Mariners, Triton Retros, Pluto Demons and Charon Guardians. Because of the new teams, the Rings and the Kuiper Division has broken off from the Terrain and Jupiter Division to produce their own league; the Outer League. The Terrain and Jupiter are now in their own league as the Inner League.

The Guardians were the most successful team from the Kuiper Division, winning the division in its first four years of existence. They did make it to the League Championship Series in ’68. Even though in three of these four seasons, the Guardians had a losing record.

After the ’68 season, the league was at its all-time highest popularity, and the spaceships were traveling faster and faster, the league expanded once again, but with only two teams. The Titania Spirits, based on a moon of Saturn, will be located in the Rings Division. And a new team from the distant dwarf planet Eris will be in the Kuiper Division, simply named as “Planet X.”

Planet X was the most successful expansion team in SLB history, as they reached the League Championship in their first season.

With the growing popularity and the reasonable success by some of the expansion team, SLB is looking to expand the league with four teams by the mid 70’s.

Solar Series

2160 – Giants over Voyagers

2161 – Voyagers over Kings

2162 – Voyagers over Avalanche

2163 – Voyagers over Avalanche

2164 – Lions over Avalanche

2165 – Voyagers over Blues

2166 – Avalanche over Lions

2167 – Wings over Angels

2168 – Giants over Lions

2169 – Giants over Lions

Top Players

1B Travis Lee – The Voyagers have been lucky to have two of the greatest players of all time in SLB history. Due to the diluation of the league, Voyagers first baseman Travis Lee has won a record 11 straight Slugger of the Year awards from 59’ to ’69. For a good measure, he also won one in ’57. He’s so good it’s not even funny.

C Sitaram Karuppia – One of the better players in the league for the expansion team Lions, the backstop Karuppia won three Slugger of the Years in the Outer League three times and is a 4-time all-star.

1B Manolo Contero – As the no. 1 overall draft pick in ’62, Angels first baseman Contero has lived up to the hype, winning two Outer League Slugger of the Year while leading the league in hits three times.

SP Michael Young – A six-time all star, Voyagers ace Michael Young also took home Ace of the Year four times in the 60’s. He also led the league in K/9 in nine of the ten years.

SP Nelson Rivas – In the Outer League, they needed a Michael Young, and they have one in Rivas of the Rhea Lions. In the young Outer League, Rivas won Ace of the Year four times while racking up 181 wins and 103 WAR in his 10 years of service.

Historical Standings (sorted by winning percentage)

46uzfdm.png

There you have it for the Big Bang Expansion of the '60s! And I'm still looking for more expansion teams! I'd like to add 2 new teams in maybe '72 or so, and then 2 more in '74, bringing the total to 24 teams. I'd like to keep it at 24 teams for a while until the 90's or so where we'd have another expansion (similar to Rockies/Marlins and D-backs/Rays). Then finally hit 30 teams in 2200 or so.

And now this is where you come in: I would LOVE to hear your ideas for possible expansion teams and locations. This is the Solar System, so get creative! It can be on a moon that haven't been used yet. Or a 2nd team somewhere? At a space base that happens to be on an asteroid? Or a floating space station in the middle of nowhere similar to Deep Space Nine? The sky's the limit!

How about the ISS?

Yeah, that's an idea. I'm sure in the "far future," the ISS would have been expanded and have some full-time people living there. I think I already have a name idea a team from there! "ISS Freedom"

How about Ceres? Was classified as a dwarf planet in 2006, from an asteroid. It's in the asteroid belt.

I've also always liked the names of Pluto and Charon's "moons": Styx, Nix, Kerberos, and Hydra.

Huh. Didn't know that! Seems like it would be an ideal place to put a ball team in the asteroid belt. I've always thought that it'd be something like from Star Wars, haha

Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming!

• 3 weeks later...

Love your concept here. Just getting caught up, but like what you're doing here. Maybe teams that belong to ships a la USS Enterprise or whatever. Like company teams of yore.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• 1 month later...

Archived