Floorball- The Next Big Thing?

mamiller99

Hello all. Just recently, I watched some Pavel Barber and saw something weird; the sport of Floorball. It's like hockey and soccer. I did more research about the sport, and realized just how awesome the sport truly is. I watched some gameplay, and came to the conclusion that floorball is to Scandinavians as lacrosse is to the Canadians. It's truly a shame that so few people know about the sport and an even smaller amount of people play the sport. I could very easily see the emergence of the sport in the next 10-15 years, almost as an offseason sport played for some NHLers as well as professional American and Canadian floorball players. My question to y'all is do you think that this sport will become popular enough to create a proffesional league?

That's what- She

A number of my friends who play junior hockey also play floorball in the offseason. It's apparently pretty big in the high-school scene in Canada.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor. Moist pickle floor.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Much like handball, floorball sounds like and seems like something your gym teacher invents with whatever's on hand because it's raining outside.

Don't you dare speak that way of Pontoball. Coach Ponto was a damn genius for his resolve on that cold winter hour before lunch.

What always baffled me about gym class was square dancing. Square dancing. Square dancing. Like I get that they needed something for when it was freezing out, but a month (or at least it felt like a month) of square dancing? It was always awkward to be picking your partners, and inevitebly there would be the left over dorky guys who had to do-si-do each other.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My freshman and sophomore high school years, we had an intramural floor hockey league, 5 teams played after school twice a week, each team playing 20 games. We used a hard orange plastic puck. For the final two years, we used a tennis ball: Made for a faster and high scoring game.

This seems like floor hockey with a ball. I'm surprised there's not a larger presence in US colleges, especially in those in the Northeast.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

What always baffled me about gym class was square dancing. Square dancing. Square dancing. Like I get that they needed something for when it was freezing out, but a month (or at least it felt like a month) of square dancing? It was always awkward to be picking your partners, and inevitebly there would be the left over dorky guys who had to do-si-do each other.

What the hell? You mean square dancing was an actual gym class activity, that wasn't just that one episode of The Wonder Years? Did you graduate from a rural Arkansas high school in 1961?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

What the hell? You mean square dancing was an actual gym class activity, that wasn't just that one episode of The Wonder Years? Did you graduate from a rural Arkansas high school in 1961?

I can remember square dancing in third or fourth grade for one day of gym class. I think our gym teacher, Mr. Rolon, did it specifically to force us into that painfully awkward situation of having to dance with one of our female classmates. I have no idea what the purpose was otherwise.

The best gym class game was Mat Ball.

Floorball looks like floor hockey with a wiffle ball. What's the big deal?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Dancing is something different they can do that they don't have to budget any extra equipment for. That and gym teachers were probably the bullies in high school that liked embarrassing the awkward kids.

Seriously. It was a few weeks every year in elementary school and jr high (I think it was either right before or after floor hockey). I can't recall if it was a record or cassette tape of some boner calling the dance. "Promenade your partner yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!"

Yeah, his original screen name here was BringBackRailingMyCousinUpTheAss but we all change a little bit when we move to the big city.

I caved to the pressure imposed by those who were too lazy even to abbreviate as BBRMCUTA. I guess BBTV is just much easier for everyone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

BBRMCUtA

chung-chunga-chung-chunga-chung-chunga-chung-chunga-chung-chunga-chung-chunga-chung-chunga DAH DAHHHHHHHHHHHHH......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW......

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Much like handball, floorball sounds like and seems like something your gym teacher invents with whatever's on hand because it's raining outside.

You mean like Basketball?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived