2015 NBA All-Star Jerseys Unveiled

Soma

The stars running down one side are reminscent of the stars on the Nets’ uniforms from the ABA, though there were only three:

julius-erving-new-york-nets.jpg

The Nets also had these uniforms for their first decade in the NBA:

darryl-dawkins-1986-star-lifebuoy-card.j

And they have thrown back to them several times over the years:

sptsnbafinals_t640.jpg

6863942547_54fa143330_z.jpg

...most recently during a pre-season game two years ago:

6686838.jpg

This is probably not entirely accidental, as the Nets are kind of co-hosts for the All-Star weekend. The game will be at the Garden; but the slam-dunk contest and other festivities will be at the Nets’ arena. It shows that the stars are still part of the Nets' identity; and it gives me some hope that they will eventually bring out a uniform that features them -- even if the uniform is in the current black-and-white colour scheme, as in the rumoured alts that were discussed here a few months ago:

Nets-Alternate.png

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Okay these are the best thing Adidas has come up with outside of soccer in a good while. Look very old school and they actually put full trim around the armholes. Huge contrast from the stupid overly designed, overly Adidas ads we've had for all star uniforms over the past few yrs. well done Adidas.PLEASE keep it up.

I don't really like them because there's not much there, but they are okay, i guess. Just a little boring. It's like the Knicks jerseys... they're fine, but they don't have much going on.

Really tho, maybe Adidas is listening to some of the negative backlash to their ideas? With some of the awful overdone all star jerseys in the past, and the sleeved jerseys, and the horrendous christmas day jerseys of the last few years... they come out with this minimalist all star uni and the christmas jerseys this year have no huge problems either in terms of overall design, they added the first names and the logos but that was just a gimmick to make them NOT the everyday jerseys (it's stupid but not off-brand, at least). When you consider the all star and christmas jerseys of this year compared to some of their previous offerings, they look way better

There's no "there" there.

Also, I can't be the only one that sees this as the potential set up jersey ads, right? Putting the ASG logo on the upper left chest, blank space over the numbers. What would you think goes in the blank space?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The thing that drives me nuts about this set, and with ALL Adidas sets, is the trim around the bottom of the shorts doesn't go all the way around the leg opening (See also Kansas). At least Adidas has corrected the armpit gap in the trim around the bottom of the arm openings of the jersey (UCLA needs to get Adidas on board with this too). Would have liked to see "WEST" and "EAST" across the chest like the 1965 all-star unis.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

These are a nice fresh approach to the problem. I didn't think Adidas had it in them, but they've surprised me.

I agree. I expect these will sell really well, especially in an era where a lot of people are fans of specific players but not really their teams cough*lebron*cough.

Also they have a throback vibe to them that will really appeal to a lot of people, but have contemporary elements as well - and the two don't clash- which is pretty tough to do.

The only thing I realy don't like about this is putting the player's first name on the NOB. I don't wear sports jerseys, but if I did I would certainly not wear one that was a billboard for a person. It's one thing having a standard LNOB - it's so common that it's just part of the shirt and pretty irrelevant - but when you have the firs and last name, it looks almost like hero worship or at least too much of a statement. Oh god - imagine persnalized ones!

There's no "there" there.

Also, I can't be the only one that sees this as the potential set up jersey ads, right? Putting the ASG logo on the upper left chest, blank space over the numbers. What would you think goes in the blank space?

I think you're probably the only one. No matter what the NbA does anymore, there's always people who think it has something to do with ads. Sometimes things are just what they appear to be, and I'd guess that's what's happening here. Just enjoy it (or don't), but don't think too hard about it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not sure what is so beautiful about these uniforms. They take a basic, traditional trim with traditional colors but then paste on glossy, beveled stars along the sides. One uniform has a nice red, white and blue pallet, while the other is made black for no other reason except to compromise with the Nets. The NBA All-Star game has always been about EAST vs WEST. If you aren't going to put EAST and WEST on the uniforms, just have them revert back to wearing their own uniforms like in the Rookie/Sophomore/Rising Stars Game. Not to mention... the stars are gray. I could understand if they put red stars on the home and blue on the away, or made the stars black on white or white on black... but they made them gray.

Sorry, but just because they are simple/vintage/traditional doesn't make them great.

Archived