/ Rebranding the NHL / LA Kings logo

chickenfish13

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Colin.

These are some very good concepts. I like how clean the logos are. The Coyotes is the one I like the best.

I also like the ducks jersey very much but also believe that the logo could use some motion.

As for the Senators - I feel that the shape looks a bit off and it is a bit unbalanced and irritating.

Funny thing to me is that you picked the there teams that have the worst number fonts of the league in my opinion. You fixed the Coyotes and I believe that you should also do so with the Ducks and the Senators.

Atbw

Daniel

The Ottawa set is fine... but there's something off to my eye about the balance of the primary logo. The right/lower right are perfectly round, then the top is almost round, then it sort of tapers back in and down on the left. It might be good to go back and try either to make the transition a bit smoother or more perfectly round.

While I've never really liked Sens concepts that rely too heavily on that pattern (I think they should be a black/white/red team, and that pattern just uses too much gold for my taste), I love the white jersey set. I think the black set could be immensely improved if you made it by simply filling in the white background with black, leaving a small red stripe separated from the thick gold stripe by black. (Right now, the only place in the entire identity where the red and gold touch at all is on the black uniform.) There's something about the red touching the gold that makes a muddy edge.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Glad you guys are enjoying everything so far.

@dgnmrwrw thanks again for the solid feedback. This point, "Right now, the only place in the entire identity where the red and gold touch at all is on the black uniform", is definitely something I didn't even pick up on, although I should have. Seems like the biggest problem with this one is the disconnect of the colours across the whole identity, and is certainly something I'll look into.

• 2 months later...

This is awesome. I think you've knocked all three uniform sets out of the park so far. I think the shoulder patch for the Ducks would look just as good on the front of the jersey as it does on the shoulder. Excited to see how this goes.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I'll think about some of the suggestions, and If I go back and edit anything I'll be sure to post it.

Next up are the Ottawa Senators. A jump from the alphabetical order, but I had a concept almost fully fleshed out, and so this is the result of that. The primary is a modernized version of the 2D Senator logo that, in my opinion, is their best mark, and much stronger than the 3/4 one they use. I wanted to try and do something a little different then simply using the 2D mark however, and so I worked out my own version. Hopefully it is at least on the same level as the current one. Only nitpick is if the eye is needed or not. The shoulder patch is simply the O logo, it's very clean, minimalistic, and fits the team. Can't ask for much more than that.

The uniforms are a bit tricky. The home is the exact alternate they used in the early 2000's, which I really enjoy as it's very unique. I added in a shoulder yoke to balance it out more, but I'm 50/50 as to whether it's working. Only other change made was the addition of the wreath pattern in the collar. The away jersey is where things get slightly tricky. It's simply a reverse of the home, however it clearly heavily favours black, and very little red is used. It follows the logo much better than the home, but I feel like red is such a big part of their identity, and compared to the home the red is very scarcely used. So I'm not sure if the away is simply too different - in terms of colours - from the home, and if it should be changed. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that, as well as anything else you notice.

Cheers!

zY2QdJ9.png

2DkbnZF.png

wutmcEo.png

HfLwD7s.png

dope!!

Those the Canucks in the teaser?

You got it, Canucks are up next.

I have no problem with the current logo/identity, but I'm a bigger fan of all the Johnny Canuck pieces they have, and so I based the primary off of that. Very simple, lumberjack head with the V. I came super close to working maroon in there rather than green, and also toyed with the black/red/yellow, but I couldn't bring myself to do that as a Flames fan.

Secondary is based off of their recent heritage V logo, which I quite like. I did find it odd that it had 'Vancouver' in it rather than 'Canucks', so I changed that here.

Jerseys are again, very simple. I'm not really one to go wild with jerseys, but I might bring out some experimentation with alternates. The arm stripes are based off of the classic Flying V jerseys. I wasn't sure if the NHL allows number placement on the arms like shown anymore, but placed them there for cleanliness' sake.

Not much else to say, thanks for checking it out. I'm uploading this pretty late/early so please call out any errors if you catch any.

L6zqrUv.png

pUpnhxq.png

EOMXJy7.png

zCKtXwp.png

Archived