Concepts_SM

Hey guys. I know this post may not be in the right forum but I need some help with a personal project of mine.

I am looking to create a baseball team brand from the ground up but first I want to give a little back story as to why I want to do this project..

Last summer, my hometown team, the New Britain Rock Cats announced that they will be relocating to nearby Hartford, CT for the start of the 2016 Eastern League season. I caught us all by surprise but there is a lot more that I wont get into but you can research more if you wish. Anyway, with the Rock Cats leaving New Britain, it will leave the 6,000+ New Britain Stadium without a team. There are rumored talks of getting an Atlantic League (Independent) team to relocate or as an expansion. So, I want to try to give a name/look to the possible team.

I want the team name/mascot to have something to do with the city & it's history. For most of the city's history, New Britain was the home to many manufacturing companies. Most of them have moved elsewhere or have closed all together but some still remain, like Stanley Black & Decker.

I want the team to be the "Hardware City _________" but "New Britain" will work as well.

bHQC6nd.png?1

1mcUFXN.png?1

How bout "Hardware City/New Britain Stingers/Bees" since the motto of the city is "Industry fills the hive and enjoys the honey". I'm not sure if the motto intends this, but bees are also very hard workers which would make sense for a place of manufacturing.

I also like Hammers.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

How bout "Hardware City/New Britain Stingers/Bees" since the motto of the city is "Industry fills the hive and enjoys the honey". I'm not sure if the motto intends this, but bees are also very hard workers which would make sense for a place of manufacturing.

I also like Hammers.

On that note, New Britain Buzz sounds good (even though I don't usually like names that don't end in 's').

I've been kicking the tires on "Stingers/Buzz" for a while as well as "Hammers". It may end up being one of those three but wanted to see if there were more clever names that I haven't thought of.

And yes! The city motto does intend to relate worker bees to factory workers!

bHQC6nd.png?1

1mcUFXN.png?1

Hardware City Krytpon Factors (colors: Kryptonite Green, Tangerine Orange, Stainless Steel Gray)

New Britain Event Horizon (colors: Outer Space Black, Milky Way Gray, Black Hole White)

(NOTE: if sports teams can give their colors silly names, so can I)

Archived