Sign in to follow this  
CS85

7up gets rebranded, ish.

Great update... 10 years ago. The old logo has more much potential with modern design trends than the new one in my opinion.

I think they nailed it - it looks very clean, but bold. Definitely an upgrade from what they have now.

FWIW, the logo on the left is the current logo outside the US, which is why most of us are probably unfamiliar with it. The "current" US can is at the bottom right:

7up.jpg

Love the can from 1972

ALL HAIL COOL SPOT

img-7up-breakout-box-4-spot_144621699059

7-Up is not a soda. Coke is a soda. Orange Crush is a soda. 7-Up is a burp delivery device.

7-Up is not a soda. Coke is a soda. Orange Crush is a soda. 7-Up is a burp delivery device.

ITS THE UNCOLA BRO

The world needs more Spot. I believe he had his own video game on SNES if memory doesn't fail me.

cool-spot-05.png

Yup, he sure did.

Furthermore, why is a crab wearing underwear? It's a crab.

great retro look cleaned up.

I work for the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and can tell you the "new" one is only for use outside the United States, primarily Germany. The U.S. version is staying the same, for now.

I have a 7up Cool Spot shirt. It's probably my favourite shirt.

It's crisp and clean with no caffeine.

At first glance it looked like a throwback, which I guess it is. But then seeing the cans, I realized Up was never in the spot.

I like it. Too bad it won't be in the U.S. The current can seems dated. I like all of the flatter variations from the '80s and early '90s.

It's crisp and clean with no caffeine.

hqdefault.jpg

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Kind of. The packaging for 7up and Diet 7up has changed. They went with a more simplistic package as Coca-Cola and Pepsi have done in recent years. I'm sure they'd frown upon me taking a photo of them here in the office, but I'll try to get an image in the trade as soon as I can.