Sportscenter Format Change

NJTank

I feel the same way with here in Canada and TSN. My god the biggest story of the night could be, "Mats Sundin Sneezes on bench!".

Oh and by the way the Patriots won the superbowl, and back tot he main story......

I feel that in the US its too much NBA and here its too much NHL

I stopped watching TSN for just that reason. You'd think the Toronto Maple Leafs are the only team in sports. And it's even worse than ESPN because they've never won anything! Hockey gets at least half the show every night, even during the summer.

Even their coverage of other sports is horribly Toronto-centric. They assume the Blue Jays are the only baseball team anyone follows. Sportsnet has more balanced coverage, and Rogers OWNS THE JAYS!

I get my sports news from the Internet now. You can pick and choose your bias there. :)

JPK

The cool thing about Rogers Sportsnet is that they have four local channels which cater to specific team's coverage first. It's a refreshing balance. The odd thing though is that if you watch it anytime after 12AM, it's about 65% Vancouver everything.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If you think LakerCenter was bad, before you should've seen it at 2am ET (or its 9 replays beginning at 5am ET). I've tortured myself watching it, to see how much they covered Shaq's trade to Miami.

The first 40 minutes, that's right 40 minutes were ShaqCenter featuring the Lakers and Kobe. They did manage to sneak in a Tour de France update, a 30 second clip of the ending of the AAA All-Star Game, and the "oh-by-the-way news" that the Astros fired Jimy Williams and hired Phil Garner. Plus a 90 second clip of a ESPY Preview.

Now at :54 past the hour they continue Part 4 of their exclusive interview with Shaq.

Altogether 43 minutes of SportsCenter devoted to one trade and how it will effect one free agent from one team. Granted there was no baseball, but 43 :cursing: minutes on it? Wow, I've never seen such an insult to the other pro sports.

Note: no word about the NHL schedule being released, but shoot when the NBA comes out, ESPNBA will make sure to spotlight each and every game they will cover on ShaqCenter.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

What do you expect. It'll always be that way. Lakers & Yankees get all the hype!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

don't worry guys, I sent a pretty strongly worded email to espn about, it should be all taken care of.

That's the end of that chapter (throws scarf over right shoulder).

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

as much as I don't like LakerCenter either, this is traditionally a slow sports news period. MLB has 3 days off, and there's only so many interviews and highlights of the HR derby to show. The only active sports from Monday-Wednesday is the Tour de Lance and the AAA & AA All-Star Games. Golf has stopped until Thursday, like baseball. MLS plays here and there, and there's nothing going on right now in the NCAA. So the biggest non-exhibition sports news is the NBA Unrestricted Free Agent singing period. The same news would happen in other sports at their UFA period as well (at least baseball, maybe not hockey). Let's wait until tonights SportsCenter(s) to see how much of Shaqfest and As the Kobe Turns they will show,

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

With KObe resigning and Shaq traded it should be all over soon. After SHaqs first Heat press conference its all over till Kobes trial atleast or we should hope.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived